AJ Styles Explains Why Gillette ‘Toxic Masculinity’ Commercial Angered Him

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Koko B.

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
AJ Styles Explains Why Gillette 'Toxic Masculinity' Commercial Angered Him (VIDEO)

re27u8vjjva21.jpg

Crash

Reaction score
WHO CARES...............

AJ is just working the smarks and they are falling hook line and sinker.

Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Koko B.

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Who cares? I do. That ad is part of our culture’s larger narrative that (white) men are bad. If Gillette doesn’t think it’s good that ‘boys will be boys’ - what exactly do they want boys to be?

The Gipper

The Gipper
Reaction score
"I didn’t even know about this toxic stuff going on,” AJ additionally explained. “I’m a man. I’ve got testosterone going through my body. We are different than women. It’s just the way it is and some men will never change.”
And that's when AJ messed up.

Crash

Reaction score
Who cares? I do. That ad is part of our culture’s larger narrative that (white) men are bad. If Gillette doesn’t think it’s good that ‘boys will be boys’ - what exactly do they want boys to be?

Okay, well then that is a very serious topic, I mean I don't care about what AJ thinks about this. But I think it's just another publicity stunt that is taking a shot at straight white males because it's what gets attention these days.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I am beginning to think that there is more harassment, pandering, and toxic energy coming from women these days than men.
If you are going to call out faults with men, you should do it with the women too...

The women who bully and harass other women (this is a HUGE problem).
The women who are physically and verbally abusive towards men knowing they won't hit back.
The women who contribute nothing to healthy friendships or relationships.
The women who take advantage of their looks in the work place to further their career or status.
The women who take advantage of men in general as well as other women to make themselves feel better.

I can go on and on. Point being, stfu Gillette. You aren't spending enough time in the real world. Yeah, some men suck but plenty of women need to get their shit together too.

Reactions: Snowman1

SWL

ur booty is heavy duty like diarrhea
Hotshot
Reaction score
I've read some tweets about it like this one yesterday

can people just stop criticizing others for having different opinions? Good lord, AJ Styles said that men are different than women and that he wants to take care of his wife and daughter. Wow, what a dumb fuck.

And even when it comes to the flat earth thing.. do I believe in it? Fuck no, but why can't people just let him have that opinion and exercise his freedom of speech? He's not hurting anyone with it, and us telling him that it's bullshit isn't gonna change his view on it anyways

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I've read some tweets about it like this one yesterday

can people just stop criticizing others for having different opinions? Good lord, AJ Styles said that men are different than women and that he wants to take care of his wife and daughter. Wow, what a dumb fuck.

And even when it comes to the flat earth thing.. do I believe in it? Fuck no, but why can't people just let him have that opinion and exercise his freedom of speech? He's not hurting anyone with it, and us telling him that it's bullshit isn't gonna change his view on it anyways

The person who insulted him used the phrase "his bubble" but he is a married man with children, his family IS his bubble and that is fine. If he wants to take care of his wife and kids and be the provider, who cares? I think the commercial is bull for other reasons.

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
I am beginning to think that there is more harassment, pandering, and toxic energy coming from women these days than men.
If you are going to call out faults with men, you should do it with the women too...

The women who bully and harass other women (this is a HUGE problem).
The women who are physically and verbally abusive towards men knowing they won't hit back.
The women who contribute nothing to healthy friendships or relationships.
The women who take advantage of their looks in the work place to further their career or status.
The women who take advantage of men in general as well as other women to make themselves feel better.

I can go on and on. Point being, stfu Gillette. You aren't spending enough time in the real world. Yeah, some men suck but plenty of women need to get their shit together too.
You have been brainwashed by The Patriarch. For shame!

• Haha
Reactions: Solid Snake

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Can people just stop criticizing others for having different opinions?
Two reasons. One it is in human nature to disagree and fight, and Two some opinions are flat out wrong.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
You have been brainwashed by The Patriarch. For shame!
Nah I just spent enough time around women. Not all of them are toxic but a lot of them are. Not even gearing this at feminists.
Every day women can be the most hateful, manipulative, evil people in your life. I have known plenty of crappy dudes but they can't top the creative genius of a woman looking to use you to make herself and her image look better to other people. Female to female bullying is a huge problem and no one wants to address it.

SWL

ur booty is heavy duty like diarrhea
Hotshot
Reaction score
Two reasons. One it is in human nature to disagree and fight, and Two some opinions are flat out wrong.
it's ok to disagree and debate it but to flat out call someone dumb or insult them for having different opinions is wrong in my eyes

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Nah I just spent enough time around women. Not all of them are toxic but a lot of them are. Not even gearing this at feminists.
Every day women can be the most hateful, manipulative, evil people in your life. I have known plenty of crappy dudes but they can't top the creative genius of a woman looking to use you to make herself and her image look better to other people. Female to female bullying is a huge problem and no one wants to address it.
I agree with all you said, and even before. I just wanted to get that Feminist jab in there before someone else did, lol.

• Haha

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
it's ok to disagree and debate it but to flat out call someone dumb or insult them for having different opinions is wrong in my eyes
Eh, I disagree.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
can people just stop criticizing others for having different opinions?

We can't even stop criticizing people for having different factual knowledge and facts are not disputable.