AJ Styles comments on TNA trying to throw dirt on him

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Brian Fritz of Between The Ropes spoke to WWE Superstar AJ Styles, who is performing in his first WrestleMania tomorrow.

During the interview, Styles said that he had written off ever even performing at WrestleMania, and now it's a question of how many he'll perform at. He hasn't been in the same city as WrestleMania since they were in Atlanta in 2011.

Fritz asked Styles about the issues surrounding himself and TNA, which were made public earlier this year, saying that he, Doc Gallows and Karl Anderson had signed with the company.

"I had signed a letter of intent," Styles said. "I agreed to 'this is what you said you were going to pay me, so you can send it to legal,' there was no contract whatsoever involved. What we signed was nothing. It was not a contract in any shape or form."

See Also: AJ Styles Says He Still Hasn't Met Some Top WWE Stars

Styles seemed surprised that TNA put out their now infamous statement about signing him, and said it only served to make them look bad.

"I thought they did a great job of making themselves look like crap by putting out that statement," Styles said. "Just let it go. Things didn't work out. From what I'm hearing, man did I make a great decision coming here. I'm not shameful of what I've done in the past with another company, but I'm disappointed."

You can see Fritz's excellent interview with Styles in full above, where he talks about New Japan, his merchandise, and more.

pottsy946

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Aj always seems to come across as a down to earth good guy to know

Reactions: InSaNe

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
The way he worded everything makes him look really good. It seems like he'd make a perfect Public Relations guy. :D Awesome work, Styles.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
TNA might be the only promotion to fake sign people. lol. Makes it harder and harder for me to even watch Impact.