• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

AJ Lee retires

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Seems kind of sudden. And wow, that's short. Didn't she just win back the Divas title at WM, or something like that?

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
This seems a bit out of the blue. Shame, she used to be one of the very few divas I cared about.

Best of luck in whatever you decide to do next, AJ. (and my guess is have kids with Punk, so good luck to both of you)

mh0707

The Artiste
She's probably preggo, otherwise it wouldn't be so out of the blue (even though it has been rumoured since Punk left)

Green Jesus

The Showoff
How ironic would it be if the wwe universe finally started chanting "Aj" instead of "Cm punk"at the divas matches now that she's gone?

WarMachine1

Bringing the Internet Pain
"Your female wrestlers have record selling merchandise and have starred in the highest rated segment in the show several times, and yet they receive a fraction of the wages and screen time of the majority of the male roster. [HASHTAG]#UseYourVoice[/HASHTAG]" was the tweet that AJ made about a month or so ago and now it seems that in the mind of the McMahons, it's come back to get her, and because of that, I personally believe that she was fired for that, that she will continue wrestling but with another company, and that she was only brought back two weeks later so she could have one more WrestleMania match and then after that, get rid of her. It's like the Jim Ross situation two years ago, they posted on WWE.com that he retired. In reality, he was fired for not stopping Ric Flair's loose cannon at SummerSlam Axxess. Stephanie was obviously furious about AJ's Twitter rant. Which brings me to the theory that she got fired. Come on now. We all or at least should know that WWE has been known to punish those who speak out about things sooner or later.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
So between the main roster and NxT WWE now has about 6, maybe 7 female wrestlers with legitimate in-ring talent.. They need at least 10 between the 2 brands if the divas division is going to survive.