AEW x NJPW : Forbidden Door - June 26th, 2022

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score

Cmll is a joke and njpw needs to dump that one sided relationship. Such petty losers

I was going to post this, but thanks for beating me to it. To explain this, AAA and CMLL have always hated each other, but at times can work with each other. Currently do to some political things happening the two are butting heads and since Andrade is signed to AAA he can't do anything with New Japan due to their relationship with CMLL. So yeah, it is stupid and truly sucks for fans because seeing Rush, Andrade, and Naito together again would have been amazing.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I was going to post this, but thanks for beating me to it. To explain this, AAA and CMLL have always hated each other, but at times can work with each other. Currently do to some political things happening the two are butting heads and since Andrade is signed to AAA he can't do anything with New Japan due to their relationship with CMLL. So yeah, it is stupid and truly sucks for fans because seeing Rush, Andrade, and Naito together again would have been amazing.
especially stupid because Andrade left CMLL (his original promotion) for WWE then when he left WWE , he went to AAA because CMLL were dumb and treated RUSH/ Dragon Lee (correct me if im wrong) like shit so he just went to where his bros were. CMLL are now strongarming NJPW into not letting AAA talent on a AEW/NJPW show , which is some petty small dick shit . Especially that, imo, CMLL get way more out of NJPW than NJPW gets out of CMLL . They are extremely lucky Japan still runs on archaic "loyalty" bullshit , but I had hoped NJPW would have fully gotten their own heads out of theirs asses and realizing they could make more money with aew than being weird petty babies. Was hoping they would apply this to CMLL and tell em "or what"

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
especially stupid because Andrade left CMLL (his original promotion) for WWE then when he left WWE , he went to AAA because CMLL were dumb and treated RUSH/ Dragon Lee (correct me if im wrong) like shit so he just went to where his bros were. CMLL are now strongarming NJPW into not letting AAA talent on a AEW/NJPW show , which is some petty small dick shit . Especially that, imo, CMLL get way more out of NJPW than NJPW gets out of CMLL . They are extremely lucky Japan still runs on archaic "loyalty" bullshit , but I had hoped NJPW would have fully gotten their own heads out of theirs asses and realizing they could make more money with aew than being weird petty babies. Was hoping they would apply this to CMLL and tell em "or what"
To explain this a bit more, Andrade left CMLL for WWE is correct, but he left on good terms. Rush wanted to leave CMLL for a while so he could go to other places and home in his wrestling ability, and he felt like CMLL didn't value him as much. CMLL then fired Rush when he became RoH Champion and gave CMLL a notice that was more or less saying "I know my value as a Wrestler. So, I am done." Dragon Lee was going to stay with CMLL, but when Lee wrestled at PWG's Battle of Los Angeles in 2018 or 2019, against CMLL's order, CMLL pretty much canned him and Lee was taken by this. So seeing all of that and few other things I could go into, but most people won't understand unless you watch those promotions kind of swayed Andrade's hand to AAA.

It is "small dick" attitude and petty, but CMLL is very conversative in several things, so loyalty is a huge thing to them. I do agree CMLL benefits more from their relationship with New Japan than New Japan does as did several promotions that use to work for. Like you, I was hoping New Japan or AEW would pull something to allow it to happen, or if AEW wanted to they could present Andrade as a AEW Superstar and not AEW and AAA Superstar. Overall it does suck and it is very petty, but knowing CMLL and AAA as well as I do petty things like this doesn't surprise me.

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
thanks for the further explanation my friend! very educational and from what I read as well, spot on what happened. Also, will be interesting to say the least to see what happens with these alliances once ROH starts officially again. NJPW are going to be put in a weird position again if everyone is playing with each other except CMLL. Perhaps they are waiting to end the relationship amicallbly by not renewing it when its up, who knows. I do see NJPW as being a lot more progressive since they now have working relations with NOAH and Cyberfight. Certainly a much warmer climate than in the past (though the joshi companies still feuding i think lol)

Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
thanks for the further explanation my friend! very educational and from what I read as well, spot on what happened. Also, will be interesting to say the least to see what happens with these alliances once ROH starts officially again. NJPW are going to be put in a weird position again if everyone is playing with each other except CMLL. Perhaps they are waiting to end the relationship amicallbly by not renewing it when its up, who knows. I do see NJPW as being a lot more progressive since they now have working relations with NOAH and Cyberfight. Certainly a much warmer climate than in the past (though the joshi companies still feuding i think lol)
You are welcome, and I try to explain thing related to Lucha Libre as easy as possible since a good amount of people don't really follow them like I do so, it is no problem for me to explain things. If you ever have a question or wnat someone's history in CMLL, AAA, or any other Lucha promotion I will always be willing to help out. I was thinking of that as well New Japan will once again be in an awkward situation with RoH since, assuming from what I have read, they will be branch of AEW. Though by then CMLL and AAA may have made up and be "friends" again, but who knows with them.

New Japan is more "progressive" but still kind of stuck in their ways not as bad as it was, and as for their relationship with Cyberfight I wouldn't know personally as that will be something I will have to ask my girlfriend about as that is her specialty, but Stardom and TJPW seem to be on okay terms. The only two that they would have problems with Stardom would be Ice Ribbon and AWG, but I could be wrong.

• Love
Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Yeah I "think" TJPW and Stardom are at least on OK terms from my small knowledge on Joshi. TJPW works with AEW and that hasn't seemed to affect the NJPW side of things, and I "think" that Stardom even booked VENY/ASUKA lately who while a freelancer still has ties to TJPW. I believe you are also correct that Stardom and Ice Ribbon are beefing because Stardom poached more of their talent. @War Pig would know more than me on that subject for sure

Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
oh in fact I'm pretty sure Yuka Sakazaki has been appearing here and there in Stardom too and she's defo a TJPW wrestler

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
Yeah I "think" TJPW and Stardom are at least on OK terms from my small knowledge on Joshi. TJPW works with AEW and that hasn't seemed to affect the NJPW side of things, and I "think" that Stardom even booked VENY/ASUKA lately who while a freelancer still has ties to TJPW. I believe you are also correct that Stardom and Ice Ribbon are beefing because Stardom poached more of their talent. @War Pig would know more than me on that subject for sure
Yeah, Stardom and TJPW are okay with another. Not quite "friends" but they don't have much of a problem with the other.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

Tony Khan is hoping that Forbidden Door becomes an annual event.

In an interview with Comicbook, Khan expressed hope that the joint show between AEW and NJPW would happen anually going forward.

“Yeah. I think we are hoping that's what it'll become,” Khan said when asked.

Khan also talked about working with Gedo in developing the card for the June 26 show, which will take place at the United Center in Chicago, Illinois.

“So, Gedo and I, generally anything that involves AEW & New Japan, I think we're both going to have to agree on what the matchup is, and what the ideas are for the show,” Khan said. And in general, that's what we've been doing for over a year now. And it's worked really well.”

The first match for Forbidden Door was set at NJPW Dominion this past weekend, when Hiroshi Tanahashi won the interim AEW World Championship qualifier. He will face Jon Moxley, who defeated Kyle O’Reilly to earn a spot in the title match. Another match, a four-way for the new AEW All-Atlantic Championship, has also been announced with PAC being the first to qualify.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf

Tony Khan is hoping that Forbidden Door becomes an annual event.

In an interview with Comicbook, Khan expressed hope that the joint show between AEW and NJPW would happen anually going forward.

“Yeah. I think we are hoping that's what it'll become,” Khan said when asked.

Khan also talked about working with Gedo in developing the card for the June 26 show, which will take place at the United Center in Chicago, Illinois.

“So, Gedo and I, generally anything that involves AEW & New Japan, I think we're both going to have to agree on what the matchup is, and what the ideas are for the show,” Khan said. And in general, that's what we've been doing for over a year now. And it's worked really well.”

The first match for Forbidden Door was set at NJPW Dominion this past weekend, when Hiroshi Tanahashi won the interim AEW World Championship qualifier. He will face Jon Moxley, who defeated Kyle O’Reilly to earn a spot in the title match. Another match, a four-way for the new AEW All-Atlantic Championship, has also been announced with PAC being the first to qualify.
well, that means I will try to go every year :)

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
  • Haha
Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
the wrestling Gods do work in mysterious ways. the match must happen or else

They were all like "No, Tony has plan just give it time" then Forbidden Door was announced and they sighed with relief that all was right

Then Tanahashi confronted CM Punk

• Haha
Reactions: Hidden Blaze