AEW Wrestler and Former WWE Star Brodie Lee Passes Away at Age 41

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD

Just moments before I go to bed, I see this tweet. This is not a work, the former Luke Harper and former Intercontinental and TNT Champion, Jon Huber passes away.

He has been off television for weeks and the reason why is unknown, but I have a sinking feeling that it was connected to this. I'm not sure how he passed away, and I am not saying COVID until I actually hear more news about it, (it was revealed to be a non-COVID related lung issue) but it is a total gut punch. He was so good in the ring and outside of the ring was a down to earth person who cared about his family, and we were beginning to see glimpses of his potential as a singles star with his world title match against Moxley, his TNT Title run, and the range he has shown as part of the Dark Order.

It is heartbreaking. Rest well, Jon, thank you for the memories, and may your family be taken care of as you watch over them.

Last edited:

WarMachine1

Bringing the Internet Pain
Reaction score
Oh my god this is awful.

He was just getting himself back together after what many would describe as a less than spectacular WWE run. I don't have many words for this one.

RIP

Crash

Reaction score
I'm speechless...

Rest in Peace.

SWL

ur booty is heavy duty like diarrhea
Hotshot
Reaction score
RIP Jon Huber. Honestly, fuck anyone trying to turn this into another unnecessary AEW vs WWE circle jerk, I've seen some horrible tweets from both sides already. It really doesn't matter if you refer to him as Luke Harper or Brodie Lee, this should be a time where the wrestling world unites and pays respect to a great performer and person. The Shield vs The Wyatt Family will forever be one of my favorites of all time, it's definitely my match of the year for 2014 and he was a huge part of it.

I'm still in a bit of a shock. It's so sudden and out of place. Haven't been keeping up as much, but he seemed to be in good spirits the last time I saw him on AEW. That's also way too young man. This really sucks, it immediately got my out of bed but ruined my morning

Reactions: Rosie

Crash

Reaction score
RIP Jon Huber. Honestly, fuck anyone trying to turn this into another unnecessary AEW vs WWE circle jerk, I've seen some horrible tweets from both sides already. It really doesn't matter if you refer to him as Luke Harper or Brodie Lee, this should be a time where the wrestling world unites and pays respect to a great performer and person. The Shield vs The Wyatt Family will forever be one of my favorites of all time, it's definitely my match of the year for 2014 and he was a huge part of it.

I'm still in a bit of a shock. It's so sudden and out of place. Haven't been keeping up as much, but he seemed to be in good spirits the last time I saw him on AEW. That's also way too young man. This really sucks, it immediately got my out of bed but ruined my morning
I can't imagine using someone's death in that capacity... Even AEW and WWE are on the same page on this tragedy and they should be, the death of one of the wrestler is a time to come together not to argue on social media.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Just completely jarring. R.I.P big man

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
AEW's next episode is being changed to a tribute show to Brodie Lee. The New Year's Bash shows are pushed back one week. The show features some of the favourite's of Brodie's son (Who they nicknamed -1 of the Dark Order)

The announced matches:

* Cody, Orange Cassidy and Preston "10" Vance vs. Team Taz

* Colt Cabana and AEW World Tag Team Champions The Young Bucks vs. Matt Hardy and Private Party

* Hangman Page, Alex Reynolds and John Silver vs. MJF, Santana and Ortiz

* Anna Jay and Tay Conti vs. Dr Britt Baker and Penelope Ford

* Lance Archer, Stu Grayson and Evil Uno vs. Eddie Kingston, The Butcher and The Blade

Although it is odd seeing Dark Order's 10 and Colt Cabana team with babyfaces, screw it, this is one night only and it is genuinely sweet to do this for his family. Hopefully, this episode will be able to pay tribute to his career and life, be entertaining, and allow us as fans to get closure so his family can take their steps to have their own time between them to say goodbye to their caring father.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
I've seen reports floating around that he was in the ICU 2 months ago. I think he might've been dealing with something for a while but it was kept secret by AEW/his family.

PaulDB

Reaction score
Many wrestlers have died young, but I thought the years of people this age leaving us had finished with Chris Benoit. What caused such a premature death in this day and age?

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Many wrestlers have died young, but I thought the years of people this age leaving us had finished with Chris Benoit. What caused such a premature death in this day and age?

Lung infection, non-COVID related. Was in ICU for two months since sometime after his Dog-Collar match with Cody Rhodes, his family wanted to keep it quiet to the public and AEW accepted their wishes. with the roster keeping it quiet as well. They only announced anything to the public once he passed.

The roster were all pulling for him but weren't certain if he'd make it or not. But they did some things for their family over the past while to keep their spirits up like a dark segment where Brodie's son "Won" the AEW World Championship. It hit me hard along with the entire wrestling world, but AEW has at least handled it not just in a classy way but even went a few steps higher. Like his son who is a huge wrestling fan has an honorary AEW contract and if he chooses to wrestle when he is older, they will allow him to join the company and train him, and gave them the version of the TNT belt with the red strap and retired it in honour of Brodie.