• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

AEW WrestleDream- October 1st,2023 Live from Seattle Washington

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
sddefault.jpg
stream
title.jpg
stream
stream
stream
f6wfco_xeaaidph.webp
F5806q9W0AEB0_x

Last edited:

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Thanks Jeff, that will make it easier for me to find when I update the thread later once I’m awake better and hop on my laptop lol

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Tony Khan debunks the speculation.

On the September 23 episode of AEW Collision, Tony Khan did the voiceover for an AEW WrestleDream video package. In it, he stated that a chapter in wrestling history would end at the pay-per-view, and a new era in AEW history would begin. These comments seemingly prompted unfounded speculation that Khan would announce that he had bought NJPW.

At the AEW WrestleDream media call, Sean Ross Sapp of Fightful asked Khan whether he could confirm or deny the rumors, or otherwise shine a light on the situation. Khan noted that he was surprised at how the speculation picked up, and he made it clear that he wants to keep working with NJPW.

"I’m a little surprised at how that speculation picked up and the, specifically, the transactional nature of it. We have such a great partnership right now and we’re doing such great things with New Japan Pro Wrestling. I was a little surprised to see that. Overall, I’ve really enjoyed working with New Japan since nearly two years. We’ve had two great Forbidden Door events and we’ve sent a number of top AEW stars to Japan to wrestle on WrestleKingdom and top shows. We’ve worked together in the US. There are people in AEW who have helped develop New Japan and people from New Japan who have helped develop AEW or Ring of Honor. I want to continue that partnership for a very long and right now we have something very good going. I’m a little surprised by the speculation, I don’t know where it came from. It’s probably a good time to have a lot of speculation on the eve of WrestleDream, and I’m glad we got a lot of people talking, certainly that one video, with all the great clips of Mr. Inoki and top stars of today, I thought it got people talking and it was a positive thing," Khan said.

Bill Pritchard of WrestleZone then asked Khan about the "end of an era" comments and whether he could elaborate on them. Khan didn't provide more details, as he noted that he wanted fans to buy the pay-per-view. But he debunked the speculation that he was implying that he bought NJPW. He stated that 2023 has been an adventurous year for AEW, and he wants to keep doing adventurous things.

"I definitely have no intention of clarifying those comments. I want people to order the pay-per-view. I think the internet kind of ran away with the speculation based on, I don’t know what. I’d love for somebody to go back and look for the first person to say that was and track back where the speculation came from. Certainly, I don’t know if that particular aspect of it is very credible. There are dots you can connect in wrestling and there are things I’m very excited about that we’ve been doing, and I’ve made bold proclamations before and I felt I’ve been proven right by them. We’ve come a really long way, we’ve taken big swings at doing new things this year, in particular, 2023 has been our most adventurous year and I want to keep doing adventurous things and make fan talk about AEW and hopefully making new fans of AEW. I think we’ve debunked some speculation and I’d be happy to debunk the speculation that is what I was implying because I don’t know where that particular rumor got started. I think this year, we’ve also built our reputation in a really strong way. Without completely spilling the beans of everything we’re working on, I really do think it is going to be the start of a new era of what we’re doing in AEW and I’m very excited about that," Khan said.

Fightful will provide more information as it becomes available.

Check out the card for AEW WrestleDream here. Fightful will have live coverage of the show as it airs on October 1.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Updated the OP

Little help wanted

If someone could find me graphics that don't have the FITE or TNT or TBS logos on them, please post those

Also, if someone has an actual graphic of the 4 Way Tag Match please post that as well. I really want everything to be the same :lol because it really kind of annoys me that the graphics aren't like, all the same here. Some say next Sunday, some have the date of the ppv, some have the TNT or Fite or TBS logos, and in the case of the 4 way tag I can't find anything at all other than the one they shows on the bottom of the screen.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

It looks like the twitter has all the graphics you just have to scroll through media

Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg

It looks like the twitter has all the graphics you just have to scroll through media

I was just using Twitter search lol. Didn’t think of actually going to their Twitter since they came up for most of the good ones. Thanks. :lol