• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

AEW Dynamite April 24, 2024 - Jon Moxley defends IWGP World Heavyweight Championship against Powerhouse Hobbs

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Maybe I've overhyped it for myself but I was expecting weekly bangers ala a heel OC type reign. I probs would be enjoying it more if I did not find the booking and the whole United Kingdom/Acclaimed/BCG stuff bad. Hopefully though Jay White.

To clear I am not dissing the talent (I also like Wardlow) but the booking. Strong's reign is easily fixable but I am waaaay more into seeing Ospreay holding that title and potentially doing stuff PAC did (also Ospreay was in the only match that beat the Strong match quality wise at the PPV)
Even outside Roddy, I don’t think that’s the plan for Ospreay. They’re very clearly gearing up for a UE vs family feud and I don’t think the title is earmarked for that. Especially when his tactics are being questioned. I feel his losing the match is what’s gonna spark the angle off.

As for Roddy’s booking. I think the Kyle angle was well done even if I wanted him to join the group. I do agree there could be more they’re doing with him, but I have a feeling this will program will be magic.

Roy Mustang

I think Ospreay could easily lose and it will be fine. Actually might make me getting into him more cause Strong and Ospreay might actually top the KOR (I don't think they will top the Danielson match but that's my MOTY). I just see more potential for me to get hyped with Ospreay going to the UK

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Wednesday night's Dynasty fallout edition of AEW Dynamite averaged 683,000 viewers on TBS. That's down 10.4 percent from last week and marks the lowest audience total the show has done in its regular time slot since January 6, 2021, an episode that took place on the same day as the United States Capitol riot.

Dynamite drew a 0.23 rating in the 18-49 demo, down 11.5 percent from last week. It matches the lowest rating the show has done in that category on a Wednesday night since June 24, 2020.

It should be noted that the episode aired live on the West Coast (outside of prime time) and experienced audio issues. It also went head-to-head with the NBA playoffs.

As compared to the same week in 2023, when Dynamite also went against the NBA, the show was down 20.9 percent in overall viewers and down 17.9 percent in 18-49.

Listed below are the last 11 weeks of overall viewership and 18-49 demo ratings for Dynamite, along with the 10-week average in both categories. This week's episode was down 13.7 percent in overall viewers and down 14.8 percent in 18-49 as compared to the recent averages.

aew-ratings.webp

Chris

Dreams are Endless
The live west coast always hurts and with them just being down the last few weeks I'd say that tracks with this. Only real negative is coming off the hot PPV didn't seem to be able to offset anything

Rosie

Dark Side
Yeah, a few factors. Also add the NHL Playoffs going on at the same time too. Still disappointing, but hopefully it'll pick up in a bit.