• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

AEW Double or Nothing - May 26, 2024

Deadd2009

Horror Movie Guru
Thats even if they have the world title defended. Couple times last year on PPV, MJF didnt even defend the title and something else main evented. I have a feeling the Mone TBS title match is gonna be the main event for DON and they do some kind of match to determine his challenger at Forbidden Door.

Roy Mustang

Thats even if they have the world title defended. Couple times last year on PPV, MJF didnt even defend the title and something else main evented. I have a feeling the Mone TBS title match is gonna be the main event for DON and they do some kind of match to determine his challenger at Forbidden Door.
I think that was mostly cause of All Out being the week after All In and also cause of MJF holding the ROH tag team titles.

Cwalker

My biggest question is…and I don’t want this to come off as a knock, but how does Mercedes just get to call her shot like that?

Isn’t there a whole ranking system? She hasn’t had a match yet, but she just skips the line

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
They’ve only updated the rankings a couple of times in the last couple months. As for this specific match is because it’s a rematch of when Mercedes was the new Japan pro wrestling women’s champion.

Cwalker

They’ve only updated the rankings a couple of times in the last couple months. As for this specific match is because it’s a rematch of when Mercedes was the new Japan pro wrestling women’s champion.
I get the rematch part and Mercedes getting the win she was supposed to get in New Japan but I’m speaking kayfabe wise

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
I get the rematch part and Mercedes getting the win she was supposed to get in New Japan but I’m speaking kayfabe wise
I’m pretty sure that’s the kayfabe reason too.

When she debuted in Boston that was like her first priority was sending a message to Willow and coming out for Willow‘s main event.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
My biggest question is…and I don’t want this to come off as a knock, but how does Mercedes just get to call her shot like that?

Isn’t there a whole ranking system? She hasn’t had a match yet, but she just skips the line

If we're going to analyze it by what's ever actually been said and not pick and choose like most people tend to (not you obviously), the TBS and TNT have always had open challenge rules without needing rankings as long as the champion accepts them

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
yeah she has veiled it as she wants the tbs, but Mercedes has been upstaging Willow since she's arrived. They have been maybe a bit too subtle with it but for me I've felt that's been the overarching theme the whole time. They've just had to stretch it out. She clearly wanted Willow to win so she can take it away from her.

Hopefully we are getting heel Mercedes soon because face vs face will be awk

Bad News Booty

It’s Ghetto Blaster Time, Fool
yeah she has veiled it as she wants the tbs, but Mercedes has been upstaging Willow since she's arrived. They have been maybe a bit too subtle with it but for me I've felt that's been the overarching theme the whole time. They've just had to stretch it out. She clearly wanted Willow to win so she can take it away from her.

Hopefully we are getting heel Mercedes soon because face vs face will be awk

And she’s a shit face tbh

Plus the gimmick screams heel

Roy Mustang

TBS is pretty much open challenge and to be bluntly honest, the rankings should only be for the world title not for the TBS and TNT plus the others