AEW Collision June 24th, 2023: Eight Man Tag Action

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I thought I was just posting an emoji at something I found funny after last night. Didn’t mean to start anything. I do think the collision chat needs some blaze. Could mellow that show out. It doesn’t always gotta be so divided. We can all enjoy a little bit. Something for everyone.

Reactions: Hidden Blaze

King Kota

Live Laugh Love
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
FzWh_IbXsAAAqW8
Is this just bad artist design to have Nyla hand cover wo I women's :lol surprised this wasn't made a outrage even tho it's likely just a misprint

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Now that it’s been a few hours and we’ve let the dust settle and the air clear and forbidden door’s over with, I do want to set the record straight on a couple of things. When the day started all I wanted to do was post a tweet with my own caption, showing a video of the incredible polarizing reaction that CM punk was getting in Toronto. I just said listen to that magnetic reaction. I wanted to make a positive post about how great it was hearing that again. And then I tried to start a conversation about how it was an homage since they were in Canada to the 1997 Bret Hart situation. That was my attempt. Bring a little joy to people about a great thing involving CM punk. And further dialogue I had with a couple people on here. I never reiterated what the person had captioned the video of themselves. I never asked people if they missed CM punk. So when all the responses that came afterwards were talking about how they didn’t miss cm punk and how they wouldn’t miss CM punk, if he left again, I was annoyed by that. And then when I saw that line about punk fans being annoying, it tickled me.

Now, in my first reply after the meme, I reiterated that all fan bases have annoying fans. I also acknowledged that he was referring to that.

What got to me specifically was this was after all the punk negativity saying almost the same thing about not missing him and stuff in the very same thread the night prior. Roy’s comments was the tipping point. I would have left it at a meme had he not responded, but once he did I was just running on raw nerve at that point. I just wish a punk topic could be discussed without the need of the negativity. That’s perhaps not fair to Roy, but I also feel EC and I were able to come some accords.

Despite anything anyone else said about me needing people to blindly praise punk, I have no problem in general with calling out punk when he does something to deserve it if you also praise him when he deserves it. Jeff I feel is the prime example of someone who does both. I honestly don’t see much of that from people outside of whom I would consider fans. Whom outside some extreme examples all called out punk for his behavior. I don’t even think one person here stuck to a full defense of him once all the facts were known. In this particular case, though, I posted the tweet. Punk himself did nothing to warrant criticism. He’s been back for two weeks, had two good matches, and Eddie Kingston confirms there’s been no new issues. So yes, criticize him when he deserves it, but I’m not sure why this show was an occasion to criticize him versus praise him for amazing reactions, a good match and putting over Bullet Club Gold over in the main event of only the second Collision ever.

I apologize to Roy and anyone else who felt I was overzealous. I just feel like there’s a better way for this discourse that doesn’t make it so divisive.

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
I would like to clarify the "I wouldn't miss Punk" was not meant as a dig and just a general comment on not missing wrestlers the majority of the time. For example I didn't miss Bryan or Mox when they took time off but I love their work. There is so many great wrestlers I love atm I usually don't miss people in 2023 cause there is so much good wrestling imo. Same with Punk's work so far since being back and his Kojima match being quite fun (especially when Punk was playing up to the crowd and provoking the boos to get them more into Kojima). His first Collison promo was a great heelish promo imo and the Max tease was great.

Reactions: Kross Rhodes

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Saturday night's episode of AEW Collision averaged 595,000 viewers on TNT, down 27.1 percent from the premiere show the previous week.

The second episode of AEW Dynamite in October 2019 dropped a similar percentage, at 27.8 percent, in the second week.

Collision drew a 0.21 rating in the 18-49 demo, down 36.4 percent from the debut. That also compares similarly to the 32.4 percent that Dynamite fell on its second week on TNT. The AEW Rampage comparisons are not really fair since the second episode featured the debut of CM Punk and saw that show do a record number it has never come close to since.

In the demo, Collision ranked fifth on the cable charts on Saturday. It finished behind the College World Series, Gold Cup Soccer, and ESPN's SportsCenter.

The Collision episode was headlined by Jay White, Juice Robinson & The Gunns defeating Punk, FTR & Ricky Starks in an eight-man tag team match.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Saturday night's episode of AEW Collision averaged 595,000 viewers on TNT, down 27.1 percent from the premiere show the previous week.

The second episode of AEW Dynamite in October 2019 dropped a similar percentage, at 27.8 percent, in the second week.

Collision drew a 0.21 rating in the 18-49 demo, down 36.4 percent from the debut. That also compares similarly to the 32.4 percent that Dynamite fell on its second week on TNT. The AEW Rampage comparisons are not really fair since the second episode featured the debut of CM Punk and saw that show do a record number it has never come close to since.

In the demo, Collision ranked fifth on the cable charts on Saturday. It finished behind the College World Series, Gold Cup Soccer, and ESPN's SportsCenter.

The Collision episode was headlined by Jay White, Juice Robinson & The Gunns defeating Punk, FTR & Ricky Starks in an eight-man tag team match.

thanks been waiting for the ranking. 5th is good

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
600K is about where I was expecting it to be. As long as it holds this and doesn’t drop more we’re good.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
They should probably have some stakes to the matches they've been putting on but I also fully am fine with them doing some world building right now. I will watch regardless but I could see why maybe some did not in such a busy wrestling weekend already and there was nothing advertised that was ''cant miss'' (this isn't a criticism of the quality of the show, I fucking loved it)

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
600K is about where I was expecting it to be. As long as it holds this and doesn’t drop more we’re good.
bottom will likely be like 550. id expect it to get lower unless they start pumping out drama stories for the show. it is kind of missing that, ironically, atm

Reactions: Kross Rhodes

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
bottom will likely be like 550. id expect it to get lower unless they start pumping out drama stories for the show. it is kind of missing that, ironically, atm
I feel being before Forbidden made it so the first show had to establish its identity and the second to build the PPV so I’m feeling we should get more drama and story building on top of the world building.

I know they’ve been planting seeds for stuff on Twitter for Collision stories.

Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I feel being before Forbidden made it so the first show had to establish its identity and the second to build the PPV so I’m feeling we should get more drama and story building on top of the world building.

I know they’ve been planting seeds for stuff on Twitter for Collision stories.
for sure man, Warner's insistance on starting the show 2 weeks before the ppv is akward as fuck for building shit up. but now they got months till all in so it should be all steam ahead going forward

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler