Adult Swim

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

J...

Reaction score
Anyone else a daily viewer? I sure as hell am its the best thing that TV has to offer when it comes to senceless entertainment. Been a fan of Space Ghost Coast to Coast and got most host. Gotta say I def miss my Futurama/Family Guy blocks but I can't complain since Futurama is being revived. Hell Adult Swim is probably one of the most powerful forces when it comes to tv. They managed to save Family Guy and look at where its at now thanks to it we have American Dad and The Cleveland Show. They always managed to save Futurama as I said earlier which lead to 4 new movies so far and a new series in 2 weeks. Now we have King of the Hill, Im hoping Im not the only one hoping that it leads to a King of the Hill revival. I have yet to find a show on there I can't stand and doubt I ever will.

-Constantine

Reaction score
I watch Family Guy, Robot Chicken, Aqua Teen. I only ever watch King of the Hill because it's on right before Family Guy.
Robot Chicken is so damn hilarious and I love how on Family Guy Peter trashes Chris about RC, cuz it's Seth Green voicing Chris. Shit's funny.

maty619

Reaction score
Love Family Guy, my favourite show on TV, I have got into American Dad since BBC 3 started playing it, don't really think Cleveland Show is all that but it is okay, I also like King of the Hill but it is very rarely on in UK, never ever seen Robot Chicken other than the little clip they showes when Seth Green was on Raw and Futurama was always good but I never got into those films. I wish we had a version of Adult Swim in UK, it sounds sik.

nation

Reaction score
I don't really care about Adult Swim since they went mainstream. It used to be addicting television. Now they have alot of gay shows on. King of the hill is boring shit. Beavis & Butthead rapes the fuck out of that POS.

Reaction score
King of the Hill is the best program on Adult Swim by a far margin and a lot of people who don't understand subtleties won't find it funny. It employs character depth and evolution and displays those character's nuances. Family Guy is just awful and it's one dimensional humor is for people who need the jokes of an obvious nature to laugh. Hopefully KOTH never comes back, even with Mike Judge in the saddle things wont be the same. Family Guy used to be awesome before it got canceled, and now it's nothing but formulaic dick and fart jokes and one dimensional characters. It's as low brow as low brow gets. Futurama was also awesome before it was brought back, it was where Matt Groening put all the funny from the Simpsons. Now it's just awful rehashes of stories they've already done, just like what Family Guy writers cling to, just so they can put out a script with no quality because it will sell to the masses anyway. Both series' were better off canceled because what's coming out now is not the quality product that made it famous. American Dad is awesome, The Cleveland Show is probably the worst thing Fuzzy Door has produced and that includes the last two seasons of FG.

As far as other Adult Swim shows, Moral Orel, Venture Bros., Harvey Birdman, The Oblongs and Aqua Teen are absolute classics. Metalocalypse and Squidbillies and Robot Chicken are dope shows too.

I don't really care about Adult Swim since they went mainstream.
Ummm, anything that airs on TV that is available to the masses is mainstream. AS has always been on tv, it's always been mainstream. It was just a nicely kept secret for about 1 year. By 2003 they had blown up.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
King of the Hill was a damn good show. It just fell off in the last two seasons but the earlier season were great. And like Enzo said the show actually had depth, Joseph's growth spurt, Luanne having a baby, Cotton dying (LOVED Cotton), Bobby and Connie's relationship.

American Dad > Family Guy. I don't know how people find it funny, it's just gross out humor. Cleveland Show, good god is awful, there's like four episodes that are actually funny. American Dad actually feels fresh, all the characters are used unlike FG and CS where there's two to three characters that seemed to be left out of the story.

Reaction score
To me, [adult swim] is all about Metalocalypse. I discovered that show about halfway through season one and it's been my favorite show on television ever since. I've got all three DVD's and both Dethalbum CD's. I'm a huge metalhead, so naturally I loved the music in the show, but the show itself is awesome as well. Hopefully Brandon Small and Tommy Blancha hear the voice of their fans and come back for season 4.

pumpt73

Reaction score
I used to watch all the time for Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Meatwad rules!!! But since it's gone to a more mainstream format, I barely watch. Im just glad I bought the first 4 seasons on DVD. In the immortal words of their loving neighbor Carl Bratonnanottanuski, "yeah heh heh, TONIGHT!!!"

Reaction score
I really can't tell the difference between Family Guy, American Dad, and The Cleveland Show. It's all the same shit with just characters drawn slightly different. Nerdy son + stereotypical teen girl + housewife + ignorant dad + talking animals.

pumpt73

Reaction score
Pretty much Straight Edge. What people don't notice is the smack those shows take at pop culture today, which is why I enjoy watching them. Go back to some of the older Family Guys where they would hammer Britney Spears. I love the scene where she's eating everything on the buffet and her diet coach says "not everything needs gravy on it". There's so much social satire in each, that if you stop and think what they're saying, it's usually pretty dead on.

And for TIO, MOONINITES RULE BRO!!!!!!!!!

Italian Outsider

Reaction score
For the record, I don't watch american channels. I was randomly browsing on youtube few months ago and watched a part of ATHF with the mooninites doing the quad laser, then went on searching what the hell it was about. The cartoon itself is nothing special, kinda bad actually. There are few good characters, the mooninites are awesome.