Adrenaline Episode Eighteen: Tony White v Andrew Styles v Adam Stryker

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Pete

Reaction score
First Bout: Same Old Song And Dance
Match Type: Singles
Stipulation: N/A
Time Limit: 10 Minutes (1 RP Cap)
"Darkside" Tony White v. Andrew Styles v. Adam Stryker

If you want feedback on your roleplay, please leave a visible message on your roleplay asking for it. If not, please do not spam this thread with unnecessary OOC talk.
ONE RP cap with all RPs due by Sunday August 25, 2012 at 11:59 P.M. (Eastern). Good luck!​

Last edited:

CoreyCZ

Reaction score
Young Guy: „Hey man, can I have a sip?“
Stryker: „As Bukowski said – You can borrow my woman, but don’t you EVER touch my whisky.“
Young Guy: “As who said?“
Stryker: “If you don’t know Charles Bukowski, you can’t be old enough to drink a bit of my whisky.“

And so he sat there, watching a very young man walk away. Adam Stryker was slowly drinking his Jameson, celebrating alone his first victory in ACW. Being on his own there, he had chance to think...

AJ-Styles-tna-superstar-5.jpg

“I think I left a good impression in my two matches in ACW, but... I know I’m a new guy here, but third opener in a row, that’s not the nightmare I promised to deliver, that’s a sweet dream. And those dreams are worth nothing...
I once told my father that I’ll make it through all of my problems. Depressions, anger, that feeling when you feel let down by everybody, just sitting alone in a dark room and thinking about how you want to destroy everything just to feel... better. I’ve made it through. I’m living a normal life now, finally. Dad would be proud...
Doug Stryker. The Incarnation of Death, as they liked to call him, when we wrestled. I’ve learned a lot from my old man, about the things that happen in the ring. And mostly about things that happen outside of it. I still remember when I was a little kid and I woke up in the middle of the night... and he was there for me. My dad, my hero...
‘I had a bad dream‘ I said.
‘You mean a nightmare?‘ he replied.
‘What’s a nightmare?‘
‘It’s an enemy inside you‘
‘And when I woke up, I beat him?‘
‘No, Adam. Waking up from a nightmare is like running away from a fight. You need to fight it like a man. No Stryker has ever backed up from a fight‘
I never woke up from a nightmare ever since. I mean, I barely even sleep... but I’ve learned to get used to my nightmares, learn from them, use them as my weapon... I cherish my nightmares....
If people think they saw the best of Adam Stryker, they can get ready for a surprise ‘cause they haven’t seen a quarter of me yet. I have a plan and when it plays out right, ACW will bow down before their new king...
No.
Not a king.
Kings.
Ruling the empire built from ashes of what ACW used to be before its fall.
I can already hear it.
The echoes please my ears.
Mayhem is nearing...“

He drank a last sip of his whisky and left. If anybody could here what Stryker was thinking about, he wouldn’t probably understand a bit. But it’s obvious only Stryker himself understands.
---
EDIT: I know this RP seems like a random wave of thoughts, but that's exactly how it was meant, describing mess in Stryker's head

Last edited:

Dod Draper

Reaction score
THE HARDER YOU WORK

It's an empty dressing room. The room is quiet, aside from a television set, which is echoing a solemn voice around the room "and Tony White is out of the GFW Championship Tournament". The door suddenly slams open, as Tony White storms in wearing his ring attire. White looks incensed. He is shaking with rage. He kicks a wooden chair nearby, and grabs the first thing he can, and launches it at a mirror, shattering it. Tony looks at his disfigured reflection in the smashed mirror, and stares into his eyes. His breathing his heavy, he slumps down onto the bed behind him, and he continues to breath heavily. Hannah walks into the room, looking around in shock.

Hannah: My god, Tony, what happened?

Tony glances at her with a disinterested look. He knows that she knows what happened.

Hannah: It's one loss, does this really mean that much to you?

Tony's head is bowed and he is running his hands through his hair. He raises his head, and he rubs his face.

Tony: I'm better than that.

Hannah looks at Tony, almost in disbelief.

Hannah: So that makes you smash your dressing room up? If you know you're better than that, why does it bother you to lose one match?

Tony ignores Hannah as he stares into space, he clearly doesn't want to speak to anyone about what just happened.

Hannah: Hello?

Tony reluctantly looks to her to speak

Tony: That's not the point. I know I'm better than that, but if I don't perform to that level, what does it matter?

Hannah: Because you know tha-

Tony: There is thousands of people in this arena who have just watched me lose to that guy. They are all going to go home thinking that he's better than me. They brush this under the carpet and assume that all their questions are answered; he's better than Tony White. I don't get my chance to change their mind. To them, he's better because of one fucking match.

Hannah: That's what's upset you? What other people think?

Tony looks frustrated in his attempts to explain it to Hannah. He stands and goes over to the table, to pour himself a glass of scotch. He takes a slow sip, as he turns back to Hannah.

Tony: You don't understand. I've got to be the best. Otherwise, why the fuck am I doing this? If I didn't believe that I was the best, I'd be sat at some desk filing paper. I'm not though. I'm here because I think that I am the best. I am the best. I have to believe it.

Hannah: I get that. What I don't get, is why it matters what other people think of you.

Tony leans over and picks up the chair that he kicked over when he entered. He sits it down, and slumps into it as he takes another sip of his scotch.

Tony: You clearly don't.

Tony looks up at Hannah with a defiant look. He's not interested in explaining any more. Hannah's eyes look slightly glossy as she holds back tears. Her voice breaks slightly as she begins to speak.

Hannah: If you aren't interested in speaking to me, then maybe I should go?

Tony takes another nonchalant sip of his scotch. He swills it slightly in his hand, as he mulls Hannah's words.

Tony: Maybe you should.

Hannah turns straight away and storms straight out of the door. Tony watches her go, before he reaches over and grabs the TV remote. He flicks through the channels, aimlessly pressing the buttons. His mind is elsewhere. As Tony sits in near enough silence, his phone rings on the table across the room. Tony watches it for a moment, before he decides to haul himself to his feet. He makes his way over, checks the screen, which reads 'Victoria'. Tony answers it.

Tony: Has your day been as shitty as mine?

Victoria: Tony, have you always been a 'glass half full' sort of guy?

Tony: On a day like today I am.

Victoria: That's cute. So when am I going to see you again?

Tony: Well, I'm not doing anything right now.

Victoria: Great. Meet me at my place at eleven.

Tony: Eleven it is.

Victoria hangs up the phone, and Tony puts it down on the table. He finishes off his scotch, and he begins to get dressed. He gets into his pants, and as he's buttoning up his shirt, he looks up and out of the window. A strange light in the distance catches his eye. Tony moves over to the window to get a better look.

beacon.jpg

A slight smile comes across Tony's face as he eyes the light in the distance. He finishes buttoning his shirt, turns, grabs his jacket and walks over to the door. He turns back one more time to look at the light out the window, before he turns and leaves through the door.