• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

ADR possibly out of No Way Out

Robbie Coletrain

Big Robbie
ADR might be out of No Way Out with concussion, not really much info on it so I wont post a quote but you can read the source
www.cagesideseats.com new to this really so sorry for lack of info.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
You can call concussions the Wu-Tang Clan of wrestling injuries because they ain't nothin' to mess with.

Nowadays, concussions are a major talking point in not only professional wrestling but all sports in general. It used to be an athlete got their clock cleaned, sat out for a bit and then was back in the thick of it.

No more!

As more and more research links concussions to chronic traumatic encephalopathy (CTE) and other ailments, making sure someone recovers properly is of the utmost importance.

Even if it means cancelling a World Heavyweight Championship title match on a pay-per-view.

That's right, Cagesiders, it seems as if Sheamus' defense against Alberto Del Rio at next Sunday's (June 17) No Way Out PPV might not go down thanks to a concussion the Mexican Superstar may have suffered.

How did this happen, you ask?

During this week's Smackdown, Del Rio was cutting a promo on his No Way out opponent when Sheamus' music hit. But instead of the "Great White," we got Ricardo Rodriguez in his best Sheamus costume doing a hilarious parody.

The real Sheamus eventually came out and brawled with his rivals, leading the rulebreakers to abscond up the ramp. The champ followed them and ended up slamming Del Rio's head about the metal WWE logo atop the ramp which was the culprit behind his case of brain scrambies.

According to The Wrestling Observer's latest radio show (subscription required), Del Rio's presence - or lack of presence - at tonight's Smackdown house show in Salisbury, MD will indicate the Mexican's prognosis.

If he shows and wrestles, he's got a clean bill of health. If not, we can expect the No Way Out card to be shuffled a bit.

If Del Rio is out, who can replace him? My vote goes to Dolph Ziggler in what could be a star-making turn. Of course, Sheamus will walk away with the title but the two could have a good match which would boost Ziggler's standing.

To see how Del Rio may or may not have been concussed, check out the video after the jump.

DZ would be a good shout to replace him, although this seems like guess work imo.

Robbie Coletrain

Big Robbie
Seabs said:
DZ would be a good shout to replace him, although this seems like guess work imo.

Thanks for posting that, another rumor is a battle royal to see who faces him.
Tbh it doesnt really make a differance, Sheamus' and ADR's feud has been pretty much non-existent.
I understand its not much to go off but thought i might as well see what you guys think about it.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
I'm being crazy here, but have Dolph beat Swagger in 10 minutes, win a battle royal in some clever but cowardly way, then push Sheamus to the limit for 20 minutes, only losing after bragging causing him to get hit with a surprise brogue kick. It would make Dolph seem pretty legit going in a decent length match with the dominating WHC after 2 other matches. Gives him so much to brag about, especially how Sheamus only beat him because of his fatigue.

Robbie Coletrain

Big Robbie
Seabs said:
I'm being crazy here, but have Dolph beat Swagger in 10 minutes, win a battle royal in some clever but cowardly way, then push Sheamus to the limit for 20 minutes, only losing after bragging causing him to get hit with a surprise brogue kick. It would make Dolph seem pretty legit going in a decent length match with the dominating WHC after 2 other matches. Gives him so much to brag about, especially how Sheamus only beat him because of his fatigue.
This, i would mark so much if that happened.

Jonathan

Champion
Seabs said:

DZ won't be facing Sheamus at NWO. Trust me.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Seabs said:

DZ in 3 matches in one night? Sign me up

Robbie Coletrain

Big Robbie
Jonathan said:
Just saying, before all you marks get your hopes up.

You never know, if ADR is out then Sheamus needs a match and WWE need a midcarder who isnt currently involved in a feud, and Sheamus and DZ put on a great match on both Raw and Smackdown. So why not?

Matt

Champion
I'm not interested in alboreto hell pls no at all, so anyone else facing sheamus is a bonus to me. I'd mark hard for A-Ri, Yoshi Tatsu or ziggler.. but we all know who would win regardless of who faces him.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Mattam said:
You never know, if ADR is out then Sheamus needs a match and WWE need a midcarder who isnt currently involved in a feud, and Sheamus and DZ put on a great match on both Raw and Smackdown. So why not?

Exactly.

And my hopes aren't up, I don't want it to happen. I'd much rather see DZ vs Swagger; at least that's a match where Ziggler would go over and develop his character, allowing him to drop Swagger/VIckie