Aces and Eights to continue for six more months?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris Dresdon

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
- The storyline with Aces & 8s will reportedly run for the next 6 months unless plans change.

It's not that I have no interest in the storyline, they just have lacked direction up to this point. With Devon revealed as the leader they have something to keep it going, but for six months and making it captivating all that time? I'm not convinced. What are your thoughts, guys?

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
They need to start revealing more members and get them more involved with the TNA roster. Now that they have free access to the arena start booking it as an Us vs. Them feud and build up to a big multi man match to end it. I can see them easily having enough to continue it for a couple more months but six months may be pushing it.

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
Devon isn't the leader, he's the enforcer... I think we'll learn that Bischoff or Jarrett is the "real leader" but I agree that 6 months seems way too long to keep the angle going... Honestly I lost a good bit of interest a while ago and the Devon reveal didn't do much to bring me back.. Hopefully they start unmasking guys on a weekly/biweekly basis all leading up to the last guy (the leader) otherwise I just don't really care

Chris Dresdon

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Ray's theory was that this was Devon's way of getting revenge on him. Even though they could still make that the reason, Devon wrote that off and claims this is about Hogan and stated he and the faction were going to attack everyone that wronged them. I'm more interested in Ray's theory because them going after everyone that wronged them is just going to be them going after the same guys we've already seen them beat up. Maybe there is a big reveal and an actual pay-off, maybe it's another Immortal situation.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I don't see it being a problem if they can keep it interesting but track record so far is they can't keep it all that interesting.

Reaction score
The surprising thing about it is whenever asked about it, Hogan or Sting said it was realistically only suppose to last two or three weeks, but it did so well that they decided to extend it.

Like ZigglerHEEL said, I want to see them unmask someone every week or it'll get stale, quick.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Don't they have like 20 guys in this faction? Unmask them every 2 weeks and it can easily continue for 6 months. Honestly though, it's gotten kind of boring.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I definitely got a lot more interested in this after the stuff with Devon, but watching them try and continue this that long should be hilarious.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
lol I have absolutely no doubts that this storyline could run for another 6 months at least if the basis of it is to do with Hogan wronging these people, the amount of people they could use will likely be endless.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Um wouldn't unmasking someone each week or every two get equally as boring youd see them come out and you'd be like oh we get to see another aces and eights guy. Sweet! its that jobber from the wwe from five years ago I thought he was dead.

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
Um wouldn't unmasking someone each week or every two get equally as boring youd see them come out and you'd be like oh we get to see another aces and eights guy. Sweet! its that jobber from the wwe from five years ago I thought he was dead.

good point....I suppose there would have to be a couple big names mixed in and I'm hard pressed to think of any who are both a) available and b) someone I would care about (aside from Jericho and Edge but there is no chance of either showing up)

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I could see Jericho jumping over only if he could do all the side stuff he wanted and be the top guy for a year or two.

To me this angle needs Bischoff unveiled as the VP in 3 months and then someone even bigger as the President. It really is a shame that they didn't start saving up on guys like Joey Ryan Matt Morgan Ric Flair and have them be the guys basically anyone we thought was jumping ship at some point recently.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I don't see why they need to wear masks anymore since they are now allowed into the Impact zone. They should all come out without masks now because there is no need to hide their identity anymore. I agree that Joey Ryan and Matt Morgan should have been saved for the group because they have actual storyline grievances with the company. Morgan being added to the group would have added plenty of name power as well.

I am still hoping that Jeff Jarrett is announced as the leader as it would make the most sense.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
They can use their masks as something to put up against titles.

A couple unmasked by Joe, RVD getting dupped by the apparent Morrison(to throw a swerve and allow someone to actually keep a mask), Chavo & Hernadez unmasking Knox & Gallows, etc.

Hold off the title matches, and only allow them to challenge for one title at each PPV, and the story drives for 6 months, people get unmasked(or A&8's win belts), and would actually give something for the fans to invest in, win lose, or draw, something new is going to happen.