Above You Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
:eek:

I heard MS unbanned all banned Xbox 360's in fear of a similar attack. :lmao

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
@ Mak - Lakers now get HCA throughout the West :CS:

Thunder beat them in 5. CMON
I believed in them going into the postseason as you know, but today I saw something in Zach. He had that fire in his eyes as did Tony Allen and Marc Gasol. I'm picking them to take out OKC and sticking by that.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
@ Mak - Lakers now get HCA throughout the West :CS:

I believed in them going into the postseason as you know, but today I saw something in Zach. He had that fire in his eyes as did Tony Allen and Marc Gasol. I'm picking them to take out OKC and sticking by that.
(N) at the Lakers part

:eek:

I heard MS unbanned all banned Xbox 360's in fear of a similar attack. :lmao
lol I don't blame them if true even though if its gonna happen it's gonna happen regardless.

The Flash

Reaction score
I just noticed The Spurs getting eliminated by the Grizzlies. I dislike the Spurs so that makes me happy :lol:

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
(N) at the Lakers part
Boston just needs to take Miami out; I could care less about the Bulls but hey hey if they get knocked out LA gets HCA throughout while sleep walking through the season :lol:

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I say Boston actually does take them out in 7 games.
I just noticed The Spurs getting eliminated by the Grizzlies. I dislike the Spurs so that makes me happy :lol:
Something we can finally agree on.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Not having that trade committee just bit Pop in the ass twice.

happy00093hx.gif
both teams took his team out since that deal

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
What trade committee?

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
What trade committee?
Pop went on a tangent after the Pau trade about how there should be a trade committee to block stupid trades that make no sense and wouldn't help 1 of the teams in the deal.

Mind you a week or two later he and the Spurs traded Brent Barry to Seattle for Kurt Thomas and Barry was bought out and came back, yet he saw nothing wrong with that.

LA took him out in 08 with Pau in 5 games

Memphis who with the picks that turned into Arthur and Vazquez, cap that was used on Zach, and Marc just took him out just now. They won their first series after never winning a game in the Pau era and had a higher attendance and lower salary.

It was kind of funny to me, and I lol'd when the reporter trolled him during his press conference and asked about what he thought about that trade now after his comments then. He looked like he was thinking, man fuck you.

Anyone who says Memphis didn't get the better deal in comparison to what Indy got for JO and Minny for KG, who were both considered better players on both ends than Pau is lying to themselves

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I predict a Lakers/Heat Final
Lakers/Bulls

I want Phil to go out how he came in. His first Finals was Bulls vs Lakers, and I hope his career ends that way. Him going out with 6 titles and two 3 peats for both franchises would be a moment to live on forever

SAL

Reaction score
Pop went on a tangent after the Pau trade about how there should be a trade committee to block stupid trades that make no sense and wouldn't help 1 of the teams in the deal.

Mind you a week or two later he and the Spurs traded Brent Barry to Seattle for Kurt Thomas and Barry was bought out and came back, yet he saw nothing wrong with that.

LA took him out in 08 with Pau in 5 games

Memphis who with the picks that turned into Arthur and Vazquez, cap that was used on Zach, and Marc just took him out just now. They won their first series after never winning a game in the Pau era and had a higher attendance and lower salary.

It was kind of funny to me, and I lol'd when the reporter trolled him during his press conference and asked about what he thought about that trade now after his comments then. He looked like he was thinking, man fuck you.

Anyone who says Memphis didn't get the better deal in comparison to what Indy got for JO and Minny for KG, who were both considered better players on both ends than Pau is lying to themselves

I have to number my "Psych's either Blue or trying to give me a stroke" reactions.

1. For the 8000th time, the trade had next to nothing to do with Memphis' success now. The only fucking cap space they cleared was Pau's contract. They "cleared" a player who was better than anyone else they could have gotten to replace him. The Lakers gave up nothing and got a top 10 player. The Celtics gave up Al Jefferson and a draft pick that ended up being the #6 pick in a future draft, to get back a player who's 4 years older than Gasol with a lot more miles on him. I seriously want to hurt you.

2. Yeah, no better way to show Popovich the trade was fair than to beat his franchise with all your bogusly accumulated talent! "Oh, you think that trade was unfair and we benefited too much? Well then, watch us kill you with our awesome roster we got for nothing!"

3. You call Popovich a hypocrite...and you cite a trade...involving Kurt Thomas and Brent Barry. That's the talent the Spurs might have picked up unfairly. Yeah, you're trying to give me a stroke.

4. And again, you're missing the distinction between a trade and the things that happen after a trade. Brent Barry decides after the trade to come back to the Spurs, that wasn't a part of the trade itself.

SAL

Reaction score
Lakers/Bulls

I want Phil to go out how he came in. His first Finals was Bulls vs Lakers, and I hope his career ends that way. Him going out with 6 titles and two 3 peats for both franchises would be a moment to live on forever

Oh, and I think a better way to send Phil out would be to infect him with a fast-acting strain of SuperAIDS.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I have to number my "Psych's either Blue or trying to give me a stroke" reactions.

1. For the 8000th time, the trade had next to nothing to do with Memphis' success now. The only fucking cap space they cleared was Pau's contract. They "cleared" a player who was better than anyone else they could have gotten to replace him. The Lakers gave up nothing and got a top 10 player. The Celtics gave up Al Jefferson and a draft pick that ended up being the #6 pick in a future draft, to get back a player who's 4 years older than Gasol with a lot more miles on him. I seriously want to hurt you.

2. Yeah, no better way to show Popovich the trade was fair than to beat his franchise with all your bogusly accumulated talent! "Oh, you think that trade was unfair and we benefited too much? Well then, watch us kill you with our awesome roster we got for nothing!"

3. You call Popovich a hypocrite...and you cite a trade...involving Kurt Thomas and Brent Barry. That's the talent the Spurs might have picked up unfairly. Yeah, you're trying to give me a stroke.

4. And again, you're missing the distinction between a trade and the things that happen after a trade. Brent Barry decides after the trade to come back to the Spurs, that wasn't a part of the trade itself.
1. Portland refused to deal Randolph for Kwame, Wallace has said so in the past. Lakers gave up Marc who is a better C to this day than Al Jefferson who is labeled a blackhole, non two way player, and empty stat guy still. The two picks LA sent out has worked for Memphis so far as they just helped them advance, well Arthur really. Pau was coming off a foot injury that kept him out for the majority of a year and back problem that kept him out for a while before he was traded.

2. How is it bogusly accumulated talent when Memphis, Chris Wallace himself to be exact, contacted LA about the trade after Bynum went down? They were the ones who wanted what they got back because their owner was tired of Pau and not getting results for the tax he was paying. Their only concession was Farmar for Critter, which Mitch admits he haggled about for a day or so. It wasn't LA's fault they didn't let themselves be bent over and robbed like Indy wanted to do asking for Kwame and Odom or Minny who wanted Bynum, Odom, Kwame, cash, and picks.

3-4. The Seattle GM worked for the Spus FO and their coach was a former Spurs coach. That was a wink wink deal and you know it. They gave up nothing for one of the better post defenders in the league at the time and kept a key ingredient in Barry from their title team the year before.

5. You know why the Spurs sucked the past couple of postseasons? Pop outright refused to develop Splitter and pushed for Scola's right to be traded because he wasn't sold on his talent. If they had kept one or developed the other they wouldn't be getting bitched by bigs in handicap matches versus Duncan.

Summary: Marc was not a lucky reach as he played high school ball in Memphis where he was named Mr. Basketball, the starting C on Team Spain that won the gold medal when Pau didn't play in the game, and he was ACB league MVP. Memphis got what they wanted (good future and better ceiling at a cheaper price), and the Lakers got what they wanted (rings). Everyone is just pissed because they didn't have the assets to pull it off