Above You Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Flash

Reaction score
Should know that i bought a shirt of The Beautiful People last week on ShopTNA not even knowing about the Velvet appearance yet, then today it dawns on me that i'll have the shirt just in time for when i meet her next month. Funny how that works out :lol: Same thing happened with Mickie. I bought her shirt before it was announced that she was making an appearance over here.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Should know that killing Kratos on max difficulty is fun. I bitched him with Jade

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Should know that in my association season right now I've been reviving Shaq's career :lol:

Edit: Easter to me means candy, lol.

Reaction score
I'm not really the biggest fan of basketball, but fuck I love playing NBA Live 2003. Found it at my game store for $5 pre-owned and absolutely adore playing it.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Should know that in my association season right now I've been reviving Shaq's career :lol:

Edit: Easter to me means candy, lol.
Should know that my mother scored 3 tickets to Friday's game for me to make up for us all not being able to go on Sunday. Sucks that the 4th which was my cousin fucked up in school and can't go, for him that is because he acted a damn fool at school when he heard he wasn't being able to go on Sunday, as he said what the fuck am I being good for and decided to get detention and fail a test, lol after not showing his ass for weeks.

:CS:

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
On a MK story note, Kahn vs Raiden is where I am stuck right now, I just have to figure that out. Any suggestions Mike, Pyro, Cerbs, or anyone who has it period?

On a ladder related not, Kahn is extremely vulnerable to Katana's fans up close with the triangle even on max level. I sliced his ass up with her and didn't have to all the bull shit hiding and projectile firing. A bonus is that he can't hit her with the hammer throw or harpoon when she crouches.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Should know that my mother scored 3 tickets to Friday's game for me to make up for us all not being able to go on Sunday. Sucks that the 4th which was my cousin fucked up in school and can't go, for him that is because he acted a damn fool at school when he heard he wasn't being able to go on Sunday, as he said what the fuck am I being good for and decided to get detention and fail a test, lol after not showing his ass for weeks.

:CS:
Pretty cool mom then (Y)

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
She felt bad about it because she had agreed to go along with the 3 of us to her first NBA game since 97 @ the forum. Really cool. My dumb ass cousin really fucked it up though because she was going to buy him a ticket too until she heard about how he acted and looked at his test and saw that he failed it when it was all the same problems from the quizzes this week that he had been passing with A's B's, and perfects. He decided to get a damn 40 something out of a 100 because he didn't give a fuck. But I guess that can be chalked up to him being 14.

Kingslayer

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
On a MK story note, Kahn vs Raiden is where I am stuck right now, I just have to figure that out. Any suggestions Mike, Pyro, Cerbs, or anyone who has it period?

For starters, go into options and make sure story mode difficulty is set to Beginner. Kahn will still be impossible, but he can't be worse than on any higher level.

Secondly, only use 2 attacks, teleport and the flying torpedo. Sometimes he'll catch you, but when he does, just keep repeating it. It's most effective if you can teleport behind him as he's throwing the javelin or the hammer. Don't bother using strikes, just don't even try it. Teleport behind him and keep spamming the torpedo.

Oh, and of course, whenever he taunts, if you've got the X-Ray charged to full, blast him. Never try the X-Ray except when he taunts, because there's a good chance he'll block it.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I got my story mode set to medium. I got through everything but this damn Raiden battle because Raiden's attacks suck versus him. I had to cheese/spam a little bit with Kang early in the story to win sure, but it makes no sense to me that I can beat him on max with Katana one on one and not on medium with Raiden.

Kingslayer

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
His difficulty in story mode is intentionally amped up to ridiculous levels, that's why.

If you want to finish the story mode, do what I say. Put it on Beginner (not just difficulty, period, there's an option for story mode difficulty itself) and constantly teleport behind him and do the flying torpedo. Don't use any other attacks and you'll get by him.

Beating the story mode unlocks Quan Chi.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
OK. I'll do it since it unlocks him.

I haven't been this pissed off though with a main character in any story mode since DBZ BT 3 where I had to set the level down to beat Kid Buu's amped up ass.

Kingslayer

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
I don't remember the last time I've had to face a boss that was this hard. It's happened in the past but I really don't remember when. They used no moderation whatsoever for the difficulty of Shao Kahn in story mode.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
The funny thing is that he is beatable with Liu Kang early on using strikes, and that the Goro/Tiger (can't think of name) team is a joke in comparison to the final battle.