Above You Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
That's a fair call. I think to come from where she started to how she finished is a massive effort though, but the same can be said for quite a few divas. I guess her popularity and marketability is the reason behind her being on that pedistal you're referring to. I don't think it's easy to compare how she would be today though. Two different times which makes it near impossible to say how successful she'd be at the moment. Same goes with really any diva from 10 years ago compared to now.

Oh and I was always an Austin fan and never a fan of The Rock. :p
For sure, I don't doubt she worked with what she got and she obviously had to have some talent to pull it off but I still don't see any outstanding ability in her. Without giving her too much discredit, I see her as more right person, right time.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I'm a Trish fan but can agree with that she got the right booking and came around at a perfect time. However same time it is pretty good that she went from model to actually knowing how to work. Sadly this made WWE think it could work with any model girl who came around.

Kylie

Reaction score
That's very true. It's a shame they can't see that it doesn't always work out that way.

For sure, I don't doubt she worked with what she got and she obviously had to have some talent to pull it off but I still don't see any outstanding ability in her. Without giving her too much discredit, I see her as more right person, right time.

Yeah I can agree with that. That definitely was the case with her. But like you said she did have the ability to take the ball and run with it. Right booking and the fact that the WWE paid more attention to the division helped tremendously. The reason why I like Trish so much isn't just her wrestling skills and her character but because of how hard she would have worked to go from another pretty faced model to actually being able to wrestle a good match. To me that isn't just right place right time and I really admire that about her.

But again it all comes down to opinion and personal preference. ;)

The Flash

Reaction score
I'm a Trish fan but can agree with that she got the right booking and came around at a perfect time. However same time it is pretty good that she went from model to actually knowing how to work. Sadly this made WWE think it could work with any model girl who came around.

Idk, WWE was pretty successful with turning Models into decent wrestlers, Candice, McCool, Kelly, Layla and Eve have all had pretty successful careers

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Idk, WWE was pretty successful with turning Models into decent wrestlers, Candice, McCool, Kelly, Layla and Eve have all had pretty successful careers
kelly goes with the opposite side of it as she came in with no training and not putting in any work. Candice is on that side too tho she started to get better when healthy & Eve I think will be decent if she works at it.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Even if you counted all of those names (some of them are dubious anyway) I bet you could name at least twice as many failures.

New WoW thread ftw!

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
:lol: just realized the past like 3 pages have been that basically.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler