About WWE Tryouts

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Captain Charisma

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
Favorite Wrestler
christian2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
The WWE tryouts at NXT this past weekend were described as grueling as hell and very physical. One wrestler noted that it was the toughest time of his life.

One talent who paid to be in the tryouts quit in the middle of the first day. There were between 10 and 14 injuries suffered over the weekend and a source noted that most of the guys that got hurt were non-wrestling guys who came in thinking they were tough.

No word yet on who will be offered deals but officials at the tryouts said they would be making offers in 2-4 weeks.

Popular wrestlers who attended the tryouts include ROH TV Champion Adam Cole, Maria’s boyfriend Mike Bennett, DGUSA star Samuray del Sol, independent star Ricky Reyes, Northeastern wrestler Smith James and Luke Hawx from Extreme Rising. There was talk that Sami Callihan was there but that’s not confirmed yet.

In your face tough people who say wrestling is fake.

WWE tried these guys really hard probably. Hope Adam Cole, Mike Bennett will join WWE, if Bennett wins, praobably we will get Maria as well, hooray!

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar

*scripted.

Those people make me so mad. It's usually some insecure idiot in the group passing judgmental comments on professional wrestlers. Boys making fun of men. I'd be shocked if one of those people lasted five minutes inside the "fake" wrestling ring.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Now I know wrestling is tough and very real. But you trying to throw this in their face won't work. Here's why. You have a bunch of guys with muscles going into a ring doing things they normally don't do with those muscles they'll get injured it has nothing to do with wrestling being real or not it's about them never actually using the muscles outside of a gym.

Please change your naming scheme for your threads About XYZ is getting old what happens when you have news about the same guy in two or three weeks? About XYZ 2?

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Wrestling is fake you overly sensitive pansy, these trial things are run by bullies though, look how many stories came out about Bill Demott in WWE and the Sarge at the Power Plant in WCW.

It's prol designed to filter out the mentally weak, because you don't want to invest in a guy who'll quit in a years time because he can't handle the rough schedule.

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score
When you read between the lines, Tryouts are for this reason:

So big Football players show up and Vince and JR can be impressed.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
^Just wow.

I really hope Adam Cole makes it. I've seen quite a bit of his work and I am very impressed with him. He'd do great in WWE.

Reaction score
Adam Cole is awesome,he's just 23. Can you believe it ? He's best heel -also World Champ- of PWG. ROH World TV champ and did a great match at BiTW 2012. And i'm REALLY wanted it,Mike Bennett must join WWE. He's not ROH guy. He's a sports-entertaiment guy as you see. Also if you got more news about Callihan,please share it. İ'm curious about him.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Really don't understand the point of these tryouts, especially when experienced wrestlers are attending them. You would think WWE could scout talent in other promotions instead of opening the flood gates for all these big-headed delusional jackoffs to waste their time because they think they can be a wrestler. Unless of course the WWE people who run the tryouts just enjoy being heartless assholes to these people because it gives them satisfaction. Seems a lot like American Idol tryouts where you get a few decent ones (who all have professional experience) and a whole LOT of complete garbage.

This Guy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho

WWE tried these guys really hard probably. Hope Adam Cole, Mike Bennett will join WWE, if Bennett wins, praobably we will get Maria as well, hooray!

I could live with Maria not returning to the WWE

Really don't understand the point of these tryouts, especially when experienced wrestlers are attending them. You would think WWE could scout talent in other promotions instead of opening the flood gates for all these big-headed delusional jackoffs to waste their time because they think they can be a wrestler. Unless of course the WWE people who run the tryouts just enjoy being heartless assholes to these people because it gives them satisfaction. Seems a lot like American Idol tryouts where you get a few decent ones (who all have professional experience) and a whole LOT of complete garbage.

Pro wrestlers from other promotions have to tryout because the WWE style is a little different. They want to see if these guys can actually learn their way or if they are going to be a liability who refuses to learn their way.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Pro wrestlers from other promotions have to tryout because the WWE style is a little different. They want to see if these guys can actually learn their way or if they are going to be a liability who refuses to learn their way.
Right but the really wasn't my point.

If WWE wants to audition experienced wrestlers, call them in personally. Or post requirements before hand to keep all these other people from showing up and getting hurt (in more ways than one). I just don't understand what WWE thinks they're going to find on the street besides desperate people destined for failure.

This Guy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Right but the really wasn't my point.

If WWE wants to audition experienced wrestlers, call them in personally. Or post requirements before hand to keep all these other people from showing up and getting hurt (in more ways than one). I just don't understand what WWE thinks they're going to find on the street besides desperate people destined for failure.

I agree the chances are slim, but you never know unless you try

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
If Adam Cole doesn't get signed then whoever is in charge of choosing who gets hired out of these tryouts needs to be fired on the spot. Adam Cole is one, if not, the hottest prospect on the market right now. WWE could use him and make him a star for the next 20 years if done right. Guys got all the tools to be a top player.

Nerotheory

Reaction score
Adam Cole is red hot and a major player on the Indys and seems to be the go to guy for many feds lately. Cole has a good wrestling base and could easily get heat or face pops. Problem is the WWE will give him a crap gimmick and water him down to nothing.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I agree with everyone above about Cole, been a fan of him for a couple years now. Also would like to add that I think he'd fit into the WWE system fairly well to as opposed to some of the other Indy guys. He can be a good pretty-boy face, and also a damn good heel if you've watched an PWG lately, you'd see that. He's got the look WWE seems to be looking for, and easily the talent to get over.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Jimmy Jacobs got a letter and posted on Twitter; not sure if contract or try-out but personally he'd only be good if he tagged up with Seth Rollins and brought back Age of the Fall. Something I'd personally love to see in WWE; could use Sami Callihan as an addition to that because it'd work however the gimmick itself is not PG-like.