• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

AAW - Amazingly Awesome Wrestling

Back - Story

The WWE was going great, everything was doing fine but stuff wasn't going as good at the home of the McMahon's. Linda and Vince were fighting 24/7 which led to something most people thought was impossible, Linda McMahon divorced from her husband. And with no connections to the chairman of the WWE, Linda went and created a company to beat out the WWE and to get back at her ex - husband. Then, Linda started to email some superstars, offering them a lot more money than they were getting in the WWE and soon enough, she had a roster of 40 superstars, superstars that she was confident could beat out the biggest wrestling company out there and take it's place on the ladder of success.

Roster
Tweener, Heel, Face

1) Jack Swagger
2) Chris Jericho
3) Vladimir Kozlov
4) JBL
5) CM Punk
6) Matt Hardy
7) Batista
8) John Morrison
9) Tommy Dreamer
10) Hurricane Helms
11) Mike Knox
12) Manu
13) Evan Bourne
14) Primo Colon
15) Kizarny
16) Mark Henry
17) Kofi Kington
18) Ricky Ortiz
19) Bret Major
20) Brian Major
21) Undertaker
22) Kane
23) Randy Orton
24) Triple H
25) William Regal
26) DH Smith
27) Edge
28) The Big Show
29) Jamie Noble
30) Chuck Palumbo
31) Brian Kendrick
32) Chavo G.
33) DJ Gabriel
34) Snitsky
35) Tony Atlas
36) Hacksaw Jim Duggan
37) Hornswoggle
38) Goldust
39) Jonathon Coachmen
40) Beth Phoenix

Teams

1) The Major Brothers (Bret & Brian Major)
2) The Brothers of Destruction (Kane & Undertaker)
3) Evolution (Randy Orton & Triple H)
4) The Empire (William Regal & DH Smith)
5) La Famila (Chavo, The Big Show & Edge)

AAW Staff

Announcers: Mike Adamle & Vickie G.
Interviewers: Maria & Matt Striker
Owner: Linda McMahon
General Manager: Linda McMahon

AAW Titles

1) AAW Pacific Title - Vacant, will find a home after 1st show.
2) AAW Atlantic Title - Vacant, will find a home after 1st show.
3) AAW World Title - Vacant, will find a home after 1st show.
4) AAW Tag Team Titles - Vacant, will find a home after 1st show.

Thanks, reviews and opinion would be kindly accepted!

Your backstory is confusing, implausible and meaningless. I think it's hard to come up with a backstory with a reasonably well documented explanation. I mean, if somebody wrote a backstory that their BTB started with three guys on a fishing trip talking about their futures in the business, it would be silly (but that's how TNA began).

Unless a backstory is going to be incorporated in future storylines, there is no need for one IMO. Unless you are an experienced, talented booker and producer, I don't think it's going to harm the future product.

Ok, your roster. How does Beth Phoenix figure in this BTB? The only female wrestler, and a good one at that - worthy of performing in singles. Now, she is not being used as a valet or associate in a stable (like Gail Kim in another BTB), so WTF is she doing there?

Don't like the fed name either. How does the wife of the chairman of pro-wrestling's leading company try and compete with a name like "Amazingly Awesome Wrestling"?

Anyway, have fun and keep learning whilst you're at it.

rblinker123

Well the general idea of the backstory is a nice concept but it does seem a bit unrealistic. As the superstars moving to the new promotion will be getting bigger pay that would be a lot of money lol nd where did she get it from lol.

Also the backstory seemed to fuel the idea of a rivalry between the two companies 'AWA' nd 'WWE' but by the looks of the roster you have taken away most of the big stars lol

Overall I fink this could still play out well, I hope you don’t take those comments the wrong way lol as they were there to help you. I will check up on the thread again.

Rblinker123

THE Renegade Diesel

Seventh Reason, a backstory is usually asked for amongst the site members because they want to know how the company came about. It wouldn't make much sense if a company called World Wrestling Leauge all of a sudden sprung up, and had Triple H, The Rock, The Undertaker, Kurt Angle, Sting, Stone Cold Steve Austin, and Edge in the roster. It wouldn't make much sense as all these men are either retired, or a main player in a company. A backstory to tell the tale of how they jump shiped is usually good. I see the angle in this backstory, but I think you should have maybe added some details on a pre-nup which gave Linda the funds to start the company, and a second factor which knew about the Sports Entertainment business to manage it.

One diva in a BTB? Seems like a great idea to me. :shifty:

As for the name, sure its unprofessional but look at Kenfan's BTB. Ghetto Wrestling Federation? Its fantasy, and it doesn't really matter.

The roster is alright. I'm not going to be astonished if Mark Henry wins the championship judging by the signature, and avatar.

The Anigma

I think the general premise of your backstory is good but you could've gone into so much more detail. For me, there's a lot of holes in your backstory which could've been filled with greater detail being put into your backstory.

Why exactly did Linda divorce Vince? Why did the WWE main eventers (Triple H, Undertaker, Edge, etc.) suddenly jump ship? How is the WWE still the biggest company out there if most of their main eventers jumped ship?

These are unanswered questions which could've been answered in your backstory and if you're planning on a feud between the two companies then giving these details would add more depth to the storyline.

I think you have a nice roster and there's a lot of potential for some great matches with the roster but why is Beth Phoenix on the roster? Her being the only woman's wrestler on the roster doesn't make much sense.

The name doesn't sound very professional and it doesn't sound like an organization that would be taken too seriously in a realistic sense but this is all based on fantasy as Diesel pointed out.

Well, all that's left to say is good luck.

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

Well the general idea of the backstory is a nice concept but it does seem a bit unrealistic. As the superstars moving to the new promotion will be getting bigger pay that would be a lot of money lol nd where did she get it from lol.

Also the backstory seemed to fuel the idea of a rivalry between the two companies 'AWA' nd 'WWE' but by the looks of the roster you have taken away most of the big stars lol

Overall I fink this could still play out well, I hope you don’t take those comments the wrong way lol as they were there to help you. I will check up on the thread again.

Rblinker123

You haven't heard of a divorce settlement before?

Of course the backstory is a little unrealistic, which a few people have said. It's a created thread, which basically means realism is thrown out the window.

With all this said, good luck. Hopefully the thread works for you.

CT Styles

I hate the name, sounds like something an eight year-old would call his make-believe action figure federation.

Otherwise, the backstory etc. has already been told on what could be better by everyone else. Let's see what happens. I'm getting this feeling you're one of the 70% that post a thread and never return.