• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

AAA vs WWE over Mysterio

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Anyone hear this news? Apparently Rey was backstage at a taping recently and word got out. WWE is apparently not happy about it seeing as he is still under contract with them due to the contract extension clause they envoked on Mysterio's contract. He has apparently stated he wants out of WWE. I say let him go. And forget that 'no appearances for 30 days' clause or whatever. Such a stupid rule. Maybe he needs to get a hold of ADR's lawyers.

http://www.examiner.com/article/wwe...rio-for-attending-lucha-underground-tv-taping

Rey Mysterio has made it clear that he wants out of the WWE, but the company forced an extension onto his original deal because of time missed due to injuries. Despite this, Mysterio sent a video package to the AAA wrestling show “TripleMania” that aired on the same night as WWE’s “SummerSlam,” which included the hashtag [HASHTAG]#FreeRey[/HASHTAG]. News broke this last week that Mysterio was also in attendance backstage at the “Lucha Underground” television tapings and PWS reported on Sunday that the WWE is furious that he attended the event.

Opinions?

Last edited:

Matt

Champion
this is DISRESPECTFUL to the WWE!! if you want to go elsewhere atleast finish your existing contract first!!!

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
well, I mean I get WWE's side of this....being mad because of a potential contract breach....however, MYsterio is done....and he's not really doing much in the WWE, nor does he want too....keeping him for another 30 days makes no sense and wont' really profit for them any ways. Let him go....his time is past.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
well, I mean I get WWE's side of this....being mad because of a potential contract breach....however, MYsterio is done....and he's not really doing much in the WWE, nor does he want too....keeping him for another 30 days makes no sense and wont' really profit for them any ways. Let him go....his time is past.
They aren't keeping him for 30 days. They are keeping him for as many days as he missed due to injury due to a clause in his contract.

The 30 days thing is actually wrong. It's 90 days and it is the standard non compete clause in WWE contracts which prohibit leaving talent from appearing for any promotion with a TV, PPV or internet PPV deal for 90 days, or miss out on their downside pay (which they get for those 90 days).

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
They aren't keeping him for 30 days. They are keeping him for as many days as he missed due to injury due to a clause in his contract.

The 30 days thing is actually wrong. It's 90 days and it is the standard non compete clause in WWE contracts which prohibit leaving talent from appearing for any promotion with a TV, PPV or internet PPV deal for 90 days, or miss out on their downside pay (which they get for those 90 days).
Oh I thought it was 30, so thats my bad. I'm not all up on the actual contract rules and regulations like some of you guys. Still a stupid ass clause IMO. But if they signed it I guess its up to them to live up to it.

Stopspot

Oh I thought it was 30, so thats my bad. I'm not all up on the actual contract rules and regulations like some of you guys. Still a stupid ass clause IMO. But if they signed it I guess its up to them to live up to it.
I understand why they have it. They don't want another Lex Luger working a WWF PPV on Sunday and debuting in WCW on Monday scenario.
WWE isn't so stupid as to think that they are the only horse in the race despite having a chokehold on wrestling in the states.

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
I understand why they have it. They don't want another Lex Luger working a WWF PPV on Sunday and debuting in WCW on Monday scenario.
WWE isn't so stupid as to think that they are the only horse in the race despite having a chokehold on wrestling in the states.
I guess more than a couple of weeks seems excessive to me is all

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
I'm glad to hear Mysterio is finally "retiring" from WWE since he's pretty much served out his usefulness there, but since he's barely on the show at all these days, nothing will really change for me.

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
I'm glad to hear Mysterio is finally "retiring" from WWE since he's pretty much served out his usefulness there, but since he's barely on the show at all these days, nothing will really change for me.
See this is my reasoning behind thinking that 90 day rule is so absurd. Do the fans really give a shit about Rey leaving? The majority - probably not. I suppose that rule could be a good thing in certain situations but in Rey's current standing - just let the guy go and allow him to work already.

Ovaldinho

I find it weird considering Christian was allowed on TNA for a Hall Of Fame announcement, a US 'rival'. This is especially considering how inactive Rey Mysterio is at this point. Even at the point Christian appeared on TNA he was still somewhat active. Just WWE monopolising talent in a sense......

Stopspot

I find it weird considering Christian was allowed on TNA for a Hall Of Fame announcement, a US 'rival'. This is especially considering how inactive Rey Mysterio is at this point. Even at the point Christian appeared on TNA he was still somewhat active. Just WWE monopolising talent in a sense......
Wasn't that because WWE and TNA cut a deal to allow Flair to get inducted in the WWE HOF with the horsemen?