A Trip Down Memory Lane: WP's Most Memorable Threads

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Postman Dave

Reaction score
421333_316378078425545_2147266215_n.jpg

rotatephp..php

Evening all.

Very recently, this good forum celebrated its 3rd Birthday. Yep, we are now a walking, talking infant and will soon be dumped at pre-school so our parents can get an hours peace for once.

In celebration, I will be going into the ol' Wayback machine and looking back at some of our more memorable threads during the last few years. So sit back, get a drink, and relax as we get all nostalgic.

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
WP > All

Fact.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Shall we begin? These are in no particular order......

Punks Watch Scary Movies At Midnight

caseymoviemaniascream1.jpg

This behemoth of a thread is the biggest in WP history. It all started with Scream and just snow balled from there, covering 9,680 posts in 18 months. The thread got so big in fact, that it needed to be retired in order to help the servers. Yes, if ever there was a solid show of community here, it would be this thread. I'm not a big horror fan myself, but god only knows how many movies you guys covered in there. Kudos to you all

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
Shall we begin? These are in no particular order......

Punks Watch Scary Movies At Midnight

caseymoviemaniascream1.jpg

This behemoth of a thread is the biggest in WP history. It all started with Scream and just snow balled from there, covering 9,680 posts in 18 months. The thread got so big in fact, that it needed to be retired in order to help the servers. Yes, if ever there was a solid show of community here, it would be this thread. I'm not a big horror fan myself, but god only knows how many movies you guys covered in there. Kudos to you all

We still have movies to watch like Hellraiser. This was a good time and it still is a good time and can't wait for others to join us in the fun for these movie LD's.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I'm trying to think of all the movies we watched for that thread and there's just so many that it's hurting my brain! Great start here, can't think of a better way to kick this thing off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
I wasn't here at beginning of the site, so I'm looking forward to learning more about this place through this thread.

Nice idea LB.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
This place is beautiful. I've been here since October 2011 so I'm one of the more tenured members. Can't wait take a trip down memory lane courtesy of Linebacker.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
The next choice is a favourite that saw a hive of activity in a usually quiet section.....

Superstar Draft League

The-League-Draft.jpg

Now, while I've linked the drafting thread in particular (which to be fair, is pretty awesome in it's own right. Got one period in there that saw 20 odd pages posted in one night), it's worth checking out the whole draft as it was all pretty damn sweet. [MENTION=71]Kushikimi[/MENTION] started the whole thing I believe in late December 2011, making it one of our oldest threads on the list too. So go lurk through the goodness, NOW.​

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
I love the picture you used to represent that, The League is a incredible show.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I literally just spent an hour reading the first 600 comments of that thread :lol: it was a good one for sure

Postman Dave

Reaction score
I literally just spent an hour reading the first 600 comments of that thread :lol: it was a good one for sure

Yeah, I read a load too whilst starting up this thread. Took a lot longer than it should have :lol:

EDIT: Still reading through, Fuji Rice was a result of this

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I just read about 1000 posts from that thread while I was nursing my hangover here in Mexico. Hilarious stuff for sure, brings back a ton of memories.

Bad News Booty

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I just read about 1000 posts from that thread while I was nursing my hangover here in Mexico. Hilarious stuff for sure, brings back a ton of memories.

To bad all my DFWA stuff got deleted