A Post-Rumble Debut planned according to What Culture

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

C.M. Shaddix

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
AJ Styles To Make WWE Debut On Post-Royal Rumble Raw

AJ Styles won’t be appearing for WWE in the Royal Rumble, and will instead debut on the post-Rumble Raw. Bryan Alvarez reports that WWE are looking at that scenario, based on the worry that fans simply won’t have a clue who he is.

It is a fair point, the majority of WWE’s audience (and Vince McMahon) know nothing about AJ Styles, and it would be a terrible start if he showed up to the sound of silence at the Rumble. The internet wrestling community is a vocal minority, and his work in New Japan / Ring Of Honor is just a niche compared to WWE’s mainstream. Buzz around his signing doesn’t reflect the reality of how he will be perceived live.

Instead, there’ll be a vignette, and then he’ll turn up on the post Rumble Raw. As of right now, he’s the only one of the New Japan signings to be going straight to the main roster.

Just to avoid people screaming at me, THIS IS NOT A CONFIRMATION. But this is the best idea because if Styles DID debut at the Rumble, the crowd would turn again. I'm laughing Vince never focuses on the indie scene but thank god if he really is thinking about debuting him this way.

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Debuting him the night after the Rumble would be the smartest thing to do.

Reactions: C.M. Shaddix

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Don't believe anything that Grahme Herbert on What culture writes. He's seriously one of the lamest journalists of all time

Nice Person

The Artiste
Reaction score
AJ Styles To Make WWE Debut On Post-Royal Rumble Raw

Just to avoid people screaming at me, THIS IS NOT A CONFIRMATION. But this is the best idea because if Styles DID debut at the Rumble, the crowd would turn again. I'm laughing Vince never focuses on the indie scene but thank god if he really is thinking about debuting him this way.

Actually Batista & Daniel Bryan will debut as a team and come out to 'wham-bam' the Royal Rumble winner.

Reactions: C.M. Shaddix