A New Paul Heyman Guy coming soon?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Ating never signed with the mcmahons. He didn't trust them. Sting has never been in wwe because he couldn't stand the politics. He wants the platform of beating the guy who defines the company at the biggest show of them all, Taker. Heyman has managed the last two guys to try and end the streak, Heyman is a voice who has went against the system and mcmahons as an advocate of Brock and Punk. Heyman can cut a promo, like it or not Sting hasn't cut a meaningful promo in close to 20 years and he rambles when in frontnof a TNA crowd, so it could be bad on raw like how his character lost its mystique when he talked in WCW. I think Heyman could be used to introduce sting after Taker overcomes the odds and beats Brock; plus I don't see any Heyman guys on the roster or in NXT short of Punk returning

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I'd like the Corey Graves suggestion, but man no one would shut up about Punk if he was paired with Heyman. Just because of the tattoos.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Yeah I don't want that for Graves. He should've debuted the night in Chicago ripping Punk by himself solo, but with Heyman he would be screwed

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Ating never signed with the mcmahons. He didn't trust them. Sting has never been in wwe because he couldn't stand the politics. He wants the platform of beating the guy who defines the company at the biggest show of them all, Taker. Heyman has managed the last two guys to try and end the streak, Heyman is a voice who has went against the system and mcmahons as an advocate of Brock and Punk. Heyman can cut a promo, like it or not Sting hasn't cut a meaningful promo in close to 20 years and he rambles when in frontnof a TNA crowd, so it could be bad on raw like how his character lost its mystique when he talked in WCW. I think Heyman could be used to introduce sting after Taker overcomes the odds and beats Brock; plus I don't see any Heyman guys on the roster or in NXT short of Punk returning

Strange how a Batista fan is knocking someone else's promo skills:bray:

Reactions: Tapout

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Strange how a Batista fan is knocking someone else's promo skills:bray:
Batista can talk, Mania presser latest example. Sting just rambles and still employs 80s style of delivery. Vast majority of the current WWE audience will not be familiar with Sting and not be nostalgic about like they are with Hogan. Because let's face facts, WWE did not inherit WCWs fan base.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
I'd be okay with Graves. Heyman already has a tag team he should still be working with. RybAxel although not very popular could be a strong team if given the right talker and since they are basically Heyman guys, they have him. Never understood why they took Heyman away from Axel.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Face managers are just terrible.

What is this archaic term "Face" you are using?

Heyman wouldn't have to change anything about his delivery, and can basically play up a "heel" style promo going against the authority. I think the best way to explain it would be a Troll manager.

Reactions: Keith

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
What is this archaic term "Face" you are using?

Heyman wouldn't have to change anything about his delivery, and can basically play up a "heel" style promo going against the authority. I think the best way to explain it would be a Troll manager.
Keep it simple as to stay away from long-winded wall of texts, hence the archaic use of verbage.

If the manager is the guy getting over, why the fuck would the wrestler even be cheered? Also it doesn't make sense in in-ring psychology. Ther manager is the pest of the match, there to get more heat for the antagonist. A protaganist manager can't do nothing but be a cheerleader or risk getting his boy booed by the audienced, then everything is bass ackwards.

Look how inneffective Jimmy Hart was for Hogan. Teddy Long was a manager who WCW tried that face apporach with and his stable were nothing but jobbers.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Forget about Paul Bearer @deezy?

But that's not a Heyman role at all.

Almost guaranteed it's Bo Dallas. Keep his promos short, let Heyman do the bulk of the talking, and push the kid to the moon.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Paul Bearer turned with Taker, totally different circumstance. And what did he do after that? Hold up an urn. No more choking an opponent behind the refs back, no more shit talking the opponent while Taker had him on the ground,. He was just there.

Hell even Cornette couldn't draw managing the Rock and Roll Express against the Gangstas in Smoky Mountain. It just fucks up the dynamic.

And Bo Dallas? He'll get over with Bo-Lievers, dress him up like Bieber and have him act like an entitled asshole., he doesn't need Heyman imo.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Paul Bearer turned with Taker, totally different circumstance. And what did he do after that? Hold up an urn. No more choking an opponent behind the refs back, no more shit talking the opponent while Taker had him on the ground,. He was just there.

Hell even Cornette couldn't draw managing the Rock and Roll Express against the Gangstas in Smoky Mountain. It just fucks up the dynamic.

And Bo Dallas? He'll get over with Bo-Lievers, dress him up like Bieber and have him act like an entitled asshole., he doesn't need Heyman imo.

Not gonna lie, I'd mark hardcore if this happened.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I agree with the suggestion of that they just need to give Heyman a stable to work with. Think that would be the best way for him to manage some young guys who need a mouthpiece if you just group some together for him to manage. Don't think it has to be someone already known for him to manage just someone who will actually feed off of Heyman the right way which I feel Axel really didn't.

Hot Rod

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
theshield
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing Titus O'Neil get paired with Paul Heyman.

O'Neil is already entertaining on the mic IMO, just putting him with Heyman would be even more awesome.

Weez

Reaction score
Wouldn't mind Graves getting with Heyman only to have Punk make the completely obvious jokes like "I was more worried about you when i fought you in 2009 when we called you Jeff Hardy"is Jokes aside, Graves' talking isn't bad, actually. No real need for Heyman.

Throwing out a couple names I wouldn't mind seeing with Heyman, top guys I'd like to see are Dolph and Wade Barrett. It would give Dolph a legit way to take his character in a more serious direction. The guy is over as fuck anyway, and then you have him Serious the fuck up with Heyman's tutelage (or however you spell that lol), it works. Barrett is just a bit of a the "guy that can't break the glass ceiling" angle. I think Wade has really good storytelling ability, is pretty decent on the mic and has good ring psychology, especially in a great storyline (See: Nexus vs John Cena. Fuck the haters, it was gold.) I think between Wade and Paul, they could tell a great story.

Longshot, Oddball pick? Zack Ryder. He's all about getting "Serious" about himself now, and much like I said about Dolph, this would be an even BETTER opportunity to change up his gimmick.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Plot twist, its the Undertaker.

On a serious note, Titus would be pretty cool. I wouldn't mind Ryder either. Really hoping for one of them.