A Grievous Conversation- Monthly Podcast Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

akapablo_

Chicken Nugget Aficionado
Hotshot
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Hello, all you beautiful members of WWEF! I am akapablo_, your local Chairman of WWEF, a La Parka fan, and along with @Grievous, we have brought to you a podcast that is basically a pot full of recaps, fun moments, and most importantly, thoughts on the wrestling landscape. This is a monthly podcast that'll recap the month prior (i.e., February is covering January) that we hope you enjoy.

If you have any suggestions for the next episode that you'd like to be included, please do not hesitate to put them in this thread!

Enjoy ;)

The Gipper

The Gipper
Reaction score
Grievous has the most Australian voice I've ever heard. XD

• Haha
Reactions: akapablo_

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I'll listen to it more when I have some time. I listened to the first bit, you both are very good speakers. Well done.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
My biggest suggestion would be that even though this is only monthly, you really should break it down into episodes that are categorized and shorter. I think a lot of people are going to look at a wrestling podcast that is nearly two hours long and have a heart attack. The internet breeds small attention spans. You had topics in there so that's good. I'd say break it up into episodes that contain maybe two or three topics. In lieu of that, time stamps that let listeners know what topics you're talking about and when. Some people just might not feel like they want to sit and wait to see if two people they don't know talk about a certain subject. Perhaps they're listening for a particular subject, sit through the whole podcast and you don't talk about it. It might be irritating.

I haven't heard the whole thing yet. I still have it playing. But that really is the only thing that sticks out to me. It is a bit long for me to get through the whole thing today, but I will continue to listen to it. Your strengths are your voices and your sincerity in what you are talking about. Both of you have a charisma when you talk about wrestling that I admire. It comes across in the recording. The only negative really is what I mentioned above. Also, you might want to shorten your intro. Some people might click out of it because again, short attention spans.

I think you two could do a great podcast here. Keep working at it.

Reactions: Death Walker

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
My biggest suggestion would be that even though this is only monthly, you really should break it down into episodes that are categorized and shorter. I think a lot of people are going to look at a wrestling podcast that is nearly two hours long and have a heart attack. The internet breeds small attention spans. You had topics in there so that's good. I'd say break it up into episodes that contain maybe two or three topics. In lieu of that, time stamps that let listeners know what topics you're talking about and when. Some people just might not feel like they want to sit and wait to see if two people they don't know talk about a certain subject. Perhaps they're listening for a particular subject, sit through the whole podcast and you don't talk about it. It might be irritating.

I haven't heard the whole thing yet. I still have it playing. But that really is the only thing that sticks out to me. It is a bit long for me to get through the whole thing today, but I will continue to listen to it. Your strengths are your voices and your sincerity in what you are talking about. Both of you have a charisma when you talk about wrestling that I admire. It comes across in the recording. The only negative really is what I mentioned above. Also, you might want to shorten your intro. Some people might click out of it because again, short attention spans.

I think you two could do a great podcast here. Keep working at it.
Thanks for the Feedback Jakey-Jake...& you make some valid points...
We will take them on board when/if we record for February.

Reactions: Jacob Fox

Death Walker

Better Known As King Of Armageddon | Trapped In Darkness
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
batista
Not bad at all guys @akapablo_ & @Grievous !! For the most part I agreed with a lot of your opinions and views with very minor things that I didn't. That being said you guys have a great show ahead of you. I enjoy how you guys break down the topics and sitiuations plus you also provide ideas/suggestions for what would have made the certain situations better (which I admire from anyone who do podcasts/radios/blogs/articles, etc.).

I agree with Jacob that the 2 hours might need to be broke up into episodes due to being very lengthy and short attention span types BUT for someone like me I don't mind 2 hour+ recordings, it's enjoyable for me. Keep up the great work and thanks for providing this for me as well as others. :emoji_thumbsup:

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Not bad at all guys @akapablo_ & @Grievous !! For the most part I agreed with a lot of your opinions and views with very minor things that I didn't. That being said you guys have a great show ahead of you. I enjoy how you guys break down the topics and sitiuations plus you also provide ideas/suggestions for what would have made the certain situations better (which I admire from anyone who do podcasts/radios/blogs/articles, etc.).

I agree with Jacob that the 2 hours might need to be broke up into episodes due to being very lengthy and short attention span types BUT for someone like me I don't mind 2 hour+ recordings, it's enjoyable for me. Keep up the great work and thanks for providing this for me as well as others. :emoji_thumbsup:
Thanks for the Feedback @King Of Armageddon
I'm glad you found it entertaining.

Reactions: Death Walker

collim1

The Artiste
Reaction score
I’m late to the party, but am really interested to listen to it. Unfortunately the link doesn’t work for me. Atleast on my iPhone. I may have to try on the laptop tonight after work.

Reactions: akapablo_