9/3/12 TNA News & Notes

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Kurt Angle worked the weekend shows with a pulled hamstring. TNA set up six man tags to main event the shows to help Angle work while limiting his ring time.

Some filming for the new British TV show is already underway.

The TNA TV title is expected to quietly disappear for now. The final champion, Devon, who has left the company, wasted no time posting a photo to Twitter of himself wearing a WWE Raw t-shirt.

The former Luke Gallows was on the road for TNA as an Aces & Eights masked member over the weekend, so he's signed with the company.

TNA will be running TV with a split crew this Thursday as they have a house show in Dalton, GA at the same time as their live Impact Wrestling in Orlando. Locally advertised for the Georgia house show are Kurt Angle, Mr. Anderson, Mickie James, Crimson, Zema Ion, Miss Tessmacher and Mickie James.

TNA is also running 9/8 in Gainesville, GA with the same talents as well as AJ Styles, James Storm and Christopher Daniels. D'Lo Brown will be running a Gutcheck prior to the Gainesville event.

Reality star turned TNA developmental talent Jesse Godderz popped up on CBS' Big Brother last night, returning for the fifth year in a row in some capacity on the series.

Source:pWInsider.

Great decision, the TV title was always Booker's toy in the viewers' eyes.

Last edited:

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Completely fine with the TV title disappearing quietly, nothing much they can do to kayfabe it since Devon has already left anyway.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Remember when that title was supposed to be defended everyweek?

How long did that last?

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Remember when that title was supposed to be defended everyweek?

How long did that last?

3 or 4 weeks maybe, then they took a couple weeks off and started it again for like a week and then stopped.

Reaction score
Plus Everytime the tv title was defended, the ratings went down.

Now TNA needs to get rid of the KO TT titles.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
When you already have the X Title which is such a big part of TNA's history the TV belt was always a pointless midcard title. In the NWA/WCW the title had a idenity not so in TNA.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
X Title was just a mere cruiserweight belt, thusly didn't go to people like a Booker T or Devon.

TNA stopped that "not about weight limits, it's no limits" shit along time ago.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
X Title was just a mere cruiserweight belt, thusly didn't go to people like a Booker T or Devon.

TNA stopped that "not about weight limits, it's no limits" shit along time ago.

Well I think it was a bit more than a crusierweight title also not sure that is an insult as the cruiserweight title was a big deal in WCW. When at its peak the X Belt was just as important as the TNA title.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Back in the heyday the X Division title brought us some amazing matches!

And to be fair to TNA they are finally making efforts to return it to that. Lets not forget the currently TNA champion recently held the X Title.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Yeah, Aries had some great matches over the X belt over the last year. Altogether with how his competition elevated especially near the end of his reign, I think I would say it's a top 5 reign in the company's history. Of course, I hate a lot of early X-Division action because it was just so sloppy just for the sake of doing dangerous shit that was completely unnecessary.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Yeah, Aries had some great matches over the X belt over the last year. Altogether with how his competition elevated especially near the end of his reign, I think I would say it's a top 5 reign in the company's history. Of course, I hate a lot of early X-Division action because it was just so sloppy just for the sake of doing dangerous shit that was completely unnecessary.

Fair point about the early X matches also many of the guys involved were a bit green. It was just impressive how TNA promoted it and came up with interesting gimmick matches, overall it just felt like something different.

Brock Lesnar

Reaction score
I feel like TNA needs to drop the dead weight faster. The TV title is just the beginning, they can do a lot more with less.