9 -17-10 Smackdown, NXT, Superstars (Spoilers)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Montana

Reaction score
I ended up going to the SD last night, so i figured i would write a mini review.

When i first got there the first thing i noticed was that the upper deck/ was pretty much all shut down, and this was the smallest crowd i've ever seen at a WWE show. I normally go to their bigger events, but this was still surprising. I'd say about 8,000 fans tops. The show kicked off with Tyler Reks vs. One of the dude busters... Poor match, but Tyler Reks looks a lot like Tyler Black now. I think they would make a good team.

Then NXT, and honestly, the fans were pretty much cringing in their seats. Everyone just wanted SD to start. I think you heard the boo's for Vickie when she came out, I couldn't hear a word she said. It's just a poor show now with the divas. Joke contest, obsactle courses, with really poor wrestling.

Then one match was taped for Superstars. MVP vs. Luke Gallows. Good promo to start the match, the crowd was starting to get into it. MVP and Koffi Kingston were probably the most over guys of the night. Good ending. The match was ok, dragged a bit, but not bad.

NOw time for SD and the crowd wakes up. The peep show set was put up, and the fans knew another Del Rio/Christian promo was coming, and it was good. Del Rio is getting a great response from the crowd, mostly hate, a few cheers. But everyone was either cheering or boo'ing. Good promo to start the show, but not as good as their one 2 weeks ago.

Tag Match with the Hart Foundation vs. MCintyre/Rhodes. Not a bad match, but the hart foundation is soo boring to me. More specifically DH Smith. Decent opening match though.

Next up is Swagger vs. Koffi Kingston. Easily match of the night. Good stuff from these guys, in the 3.25-3.5 range. The match starts off with Swagger dominated with mat wrestling, then Koffi would get his pushes, with his high flying moves. Very solid.

Next up is CM PUnk vs. Christian. Del Rio comes out for commentary, so we all know the ending, As expected Del Rio distracts, CM Punk wins with the go to sleep.

Another Kane/Undertaker promo to end the show.

Overall average smackdown. It was fun, had pretty good seats. I think the WWE needs to take notice now the attendence is down. I saw a lot of parents and kids...which is good, BUT those parents aren't WWE fans. Typically at a wrestlnig event, i see mostly fans, and this show , that was not the case.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
Outside of the Swagger/Kingston match, it does't seem like that good a show to me. Had no idea Tyler Reks was still there. I wasn't a fan of the guy but I had that gut feeling that he would make a lot better heel than a face.

Montana

Reaction score
Yeah, he was in a dark match. He went back down to FCW. He looks like a caveman now, and he played a heel. It wasn't that great of a show, but not bad. Swagger/Koffi was good. Punk and Christian was solid, but just predictable at the end.

Axis

Reaction score
Yeah, people are finally starting to see that DH Smith is a black hole of charisma.

Double J

Reaction score
Yeah, people are finally starting to see that DH Smith is a black hole of charisma.

From what I remember his dad wasn't exactly "The Rock" of The Hart Foundation, he just had really cool hair. I would say that The Dynasty needs someone added who has mic skills to survive, but chances are that person would just go solo a few months later and leave HD to die.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score

The main reason why I followed DH Smith (like most of the 2nd + generation guys) is because of their parents. I wasn't watching when their parents were wrestling but I heard they were good. So I want to see what their kids have got. DH Smith has been a disappointment thought. The Hart Dynasty as a whole has been a disappointment.

Montana

Reaction score
The British Bulldog wasn't that bad on the microphone...He could cut a promo, but never really had a lot of charisma. He had a good look too. The size, the hair, a bulldog....what does DH Smith...nothing!

Half the guys in FCW now are related to someone too.

Bo Rotundo = IRS

Buck Dixon = Henry Godwin

Brodius Clay = Dick Murdoch

Bret Dibiase = Ted Dibiase

Donny Marlow = Meng / Haku

Richie Steamboat = Ricky Steamboat

Tito Colon = Carlos Colon

Wes Brisco - One of the briscoes

Roman Leakee -one of the wild samoans

This is on top of NXT season 2 guys...Husky, McGillicutty, and the Uso's.... then there was that dude with Priceless that got fired. This is insane!!! Just because Randy Orton was sucessful...doesn't mean everyone else is. At least not everyone is making it up to the main roster.

Montana

Reaction score
He's in there...you must have missed him in the long line of other 2nd generation guys.