8/31 RAW Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Soulpower

Scheduled for tonight!

Dusty Rhodes as the guest host.

Kofi Kingston vs Carlito vs Jack Swagger vs The Miz (US Championship Match)
Mark Henry vs Big Show
MVP vs Chris Jericho

Klide

Scheduled for tonight!

Dusty Rhodes as the guest host.

Mark Henry vs Big Show
MVP vs Chris Jericho

Theres been a lot of Us title championship matches lately. Hope either swagger or Carlito leave with it tonight though.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score

So Miz goes on this rant about him being on being reborn and on the road to being then US champ, beats 2 guys and he gets the title shot. Jack Swagger loses at his last ppv match but beats Primo on Superstars and he gets a title match, while Carlito loses to Carlito one week, gets Knocked out by the Chairmen with one punch last week and he's in the title match? Makes perfect since.

Mark Henry vs Big Show
MVP vs Chris Jericho

So which one of these ends in DQ and which one ends in a count out?

TK.GFX

Reaction score
So Miz goes on this rant about him being on being reborn and on the road to being then US champ, beats 2 guys and he gets the title shot. Jack Swagger loses at his last ppv match but beats Primo on Superstars and he gets a title match, while Carlito loses to Carlito one week, gets Knocked out by the Chairmen with one punch last week and he's in the title match? Makes perfect since.

I think managing to have a match against yourself deserves a title shot.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
^^^

lol Good point. I meant He loses to Kingston. And maybe I'm wrong but wasn't that a title match that he lost in too? Miz wins matches to get a shot, Swagger wins a match to get in, but Carlito gets Knockouted out and he's in. I like that they are trying to bring some light into the US title picture but still.

Klide

can someone please fire hornswsggle PLEASE RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!

Spity94

Reaction score
Evan Bourne needs to get away from that "feud" right NOW.

Great One

Lol at them talking about Kevin Nash. And rofl, I was actually just talking about how HBK didn't get to be apart of the Attidue Era earlier =[, poor guy, his loss was the start. Those + The Shockmaster were my favorite parts of Raw. Hornswoggle will disappear into obscurity soon like they always do, and hopefully Chavo will get to do something better. Kofi winning again was gay, anyone else winning in that match coulda benefited greatly from it, zzz. Swerve at end was cool.

noumenon

I seriously didn't think RAW could get any worse...boy was I fuckin wrong.

6 diva battle royal was absolute slop and garbage. Thank god Beth won. Crowd was dead or booing the entire match.

Jericho/MVP was suprisingly slow and sloppy.

Ooooo but wait, we get to see another Hornswoggle segment. And guess what...CHAVO AS A COW!!! YAAAAYYY! Seriously WWE, enough. This shit is insulting to everyone involved..and I mean everyone. Enough of this PG garbage. This shit sucks, plain and simple. Put some balls back in your product, enough of this crap. Once AGAIN...crowd is either dead or booing...getting the hint yet WWE?

Big Show/Henry. I'm sorry...but really...why do either of these fat useless fucks have jobs? What a painfully slow and horribly boring to watch shitstorm that was. I mean c'mon, no one could possibly find this entertaining. The crowd was once again dead silent or booing the entire match.

US title fatal 4 way was absolutely incredible. It really gives me a sliver of hope that there are the guys we have to look foward to watching in the coming years. These guys all busted their ass and seriously but on an incredible match. 75% of the programming time should be going to guys like this, not the garbage they're running. Anyone who doubts that any one of these guys could possibly be a champion one day at this point, is out of their mind.

Divas match...and wow...it was actually really good. Beth one again looks absolutely brutal. And Mickie sold the shit out of that arm injury. Brilliant job, honestly a great match.

Then we got the brutally obvious beatdown on Cena that everyone saw coming. It seems like we're seeing the end of Legacy in the making already.

CenaMark54

^^^Dude, I thought that was one of the best Raws in a long time.

Honestly, myself and an arena full of people were dying to see Cody tear Orton apart. Isn't that what wrestling is all about? We haven't seen a crowd react like that in unison in years. It wasn;t because the fan favorite came out to save the day, it was raw emotion rarely seen in wrestling nowadays. The WWE managed to produce a cliffhanger that people will actually care about.

If the WWE doesn;t run with this it would be a travesty. However, given recent booking trends, Cody will apologize to Orton and all will be forgotten.

noumenon

Were we watching the same show?? Well, the tension at the end was great of course. But that doesn't redeem an entire show of garbage

TK.GFX

Reaction score
I enjoyed the ending quite alot as well, actually. I really want to see where this is going to lead between Orton and Cody next week, and that's a plus, because I haven't been looking forward to RAW that much lately.

Plus Bob fucking Barker!