8/17 RAW Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Soulpower

Scheduled for tonight, for the first time in WWE history.. PARTNERS THAT DON'T GET ALONG TEAM UP (>_>) as Randy Orton and John Cena will face Chris Jericho & The Big Show.

Also, DX shenanigans and Freddie Prinze Jr guest hosting for some reason.

DISCUSS!

Klide

anyone think this weeks raw will be just as worse as last weeks?

Batistafan333

Reaction score
The only thing I'm looking forward to on tonight's RAW is the return of DX.

Soulpower

The show started off well, and I liked Randy beating down Freddie.

Kofi vs Carlito was good, mostly because it was given a nice chunk of time (Even with the long commercial in the middle) and Carlito looked motivated.

Miz vs Bourne was short and sweet. Bourne was in his hometown, so you knew he would lose the match, but he still looked good. I like Miz's new look as it makes look more legit. He also looked better in the ring than usual (Maybe all he needed was to wear tights >_>).

Sadly, it all went downhill from here.

I just don't care about DX anymore, sorry. I liked that Legacy beat them down, but this just sealed Legacy's fate at Summerslam. There's no way that HHH and Shawn are doing the job there (And then Vince wonders why there's no new stars).

Gail Kim vs Mickie James was AWFUL! I'm talking -**** awful. These are supposed to be two of the best female wrestlers in the company, and they managed to both suck and blow in this match.

Cena's promo was his usual stuff (Complete with a poop reference). Have to admit I'm not a fan of Cena randomly yelling during his promos in order to show his "intensity".

Hey, remember the MVP/Swagger match they announced last week? The creative team didn't, so they were given a grand total of ONE MINUTE! Not only that, we got a bullshit finish in a one minute match. This was followed by Chavo vs Hornswoggle. This match was a falls-count anywhere and it was so terrible, that the fans were chanting "Let's go Blues" (Rooting for their hockey team). The pay-off of all this was... wait for it.... MACAULY FREAKING CULKIN! I can't make this shit up.

And then, the main event. A decent match with a predictable finish as John Cena once again stood tall. Randy hit the RKO, and Jerishow continued the beat down on Cena for a moment... Until Cena shrugged of the RKO, and managed to single handedly take out both tag team champions.

*sigh*

Soulpower

By the way, Lawler mentioned that Carlito was trying to add his name to the list of US title winners.

OLD SPOILERS!!

HE WON THE US TITLE IN HIS DEBUT MATCH WHEN HE BEAT JOHN CENA!

Man, you would think that the people that work for the company would know this.

Also, did anyone else catch that just as Cole said Vintage Cena (During the ME), someone held up a sign with Cole's face that read.... Vintage.

imported_Keith

I wasn't paying much attention, but it sounded like some of the fans were chanting "Guest Host Sucks" during the main event.

the Main Event was all I saw, but Cena can apparently have a full recovery from an RKO and a (short) beatdown from Jerishow in 10 seconds!

kingovkings

Reaction score
I thought Raw was ok
Good points for me were, Carlito/Kofi they had quite a decent match. Miz/Bourne Miz looked miles better last night in ring and clothes wise. I liked his aggresion last night. He has got some good poteintial IMO.
I loved Legacy beating down DX first the Beat shit out of HHH two weeks ago. Nowthey beat down DX. It made Legacy look strong credible and good. I know DX will probably beat the holly crap out of Legacy on Sunday. But im praying that they dont. It would be cool if Legacy just get beat without getting totally Squashed. Maybe by DQ or even get a sneaky win over DX id like to see Legacy still look strong and have some credibility left. Not gunna happen but i can dream lol
ME event was pretty good. Up until Cena brushed of the RKO like it was nothing then manage to take out Show and Jericho aswell. I like Cena but the NO selling of Big moves pisses me off. The RKO is suppose to be lethal finishing move and he gets up out of it in like 5 seconds like he was just hit with a clothesline or some similar. Overall wasn't a bad show.

the dark knight

not bad......but we've obviously seen better.

im fucking tired of hornswoggle, 10000000000 DX recap moments with only the gay stuff left cuz all the good stuff was taken out cuz of the rating........ and cena's gay promos. although i admit i chuckled when he said he cant fight jericho cuz he didn't know how to read. i didn't see that one coming. still, fuck him. he was back up and owning the undisputed tag team champions less than a minute after he got RKO'd :nonono:

Airfixx

@ KOKs: Re: DX/Legacy... If this is to be more than a one shot deal, then they really need to have Legacy steal a victory @ Summerslam.

If not, then it is typically implied that Legacy's threat has been nuetralised thanks to the prospect of further repercussions at the hands of DX.... and thus Orton is left un-protected again.

phantomgerald

I actually wanted to see more of Freddie Prinze Jr. This guy actually likes wrestling, unlike the Jeremy Pivens and the ZZ Tops. I like to see him make more matches and act like an actual GM for once. ZZ Top and Seth Green actually gets more time than him. WTF!

the dark knight

yea and he had nothing to plug really...did he?

edit-

i still think shaq's the best so far