60 vs 69

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Better World Champ?

• Chris Benoit

Votes: 10 55.6%
  • Hulk Hogan

Votes: 8 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
Chris Benoit
BenoitWorldChamp.jpg

Chris Benoit won the vacant WCW title by defeating Sid Vicious on January 16th 2000 at Souled Out. He forfeited the title the next night on Nitro when he left for the WWE. He won the World Title from Triple H on March 14th 2004 in a triple threat match also involving Shawn Michaels at Wrestlemania. He lost the title to Randy Orton at Summerslam on August 15th 2004.

Hulk Hogan/ Hollywood Hogan
233315-hulk_hogan___ripping_shirt_as_champ___copy_large.jpg

Hulk Hogan won the WWE title from The Iron Sheik on January 23rd 1984 in New York, NY. He lost the title to Andre The Giant on February 5th 1988 at The Main Event. He won his second WWE title from Randy Savage on April 2nd 1989 at Wrestlemania. He lost the title to The Ultimate Warrior on April 1st 1990 at Wrestlemania. He won the title for a third time from Sgt. Slaughter on March 24th 1991 at Wrestlemania. He lost the title to The Undertaker on November 21st 1991 at Survivor Series. He won the title back on December 3rd 1991 at This Tuesday in Texas. He was stripped of the title due to the controversial win on the December 7th 1991 Superstars. He won his fifth WWE title from Yokozuna on April 4th 1993 at Wrestlemania. He lost the title back on June 13th 1993 at King of The Ring. He won the WCW title from Ric Flair on July 17th 1994 at Bash at The Beach. He lost the title to The Giant on October 29th 1995 at Halloween Havoc by DQ. Now know as Hollywood Hogan he won the title back on August 10th 1996 at Hog Wild. He lost the title to Lex Luger on the August 4th 1997 Nitro. He won it back on August 9th 1997 at Road Wild. He lost the title to Sting on December 28th 1997 at Starrcade. He won his fourth WCW title from Randy Savage on April 20th 1998 in a NO DQ match on Nitro. He lost the title to Goldberg on the July 6th 1998 Nitro. He won his fifth WCW title from Kevin Nash on the January 4th 1999 Nitro. He lost the title to Ric Flair in a First Blood Steel Cage Match on March 14th 1999 at Uncensored. He won his sixth WCW title from Randy Savage on the July 12th 1999 Nitro. He lost the title to Sting on September 12th 1999 at Fall Brawl. He won his seventh WCW title from Jeff Jarrett on July 9th 2000 at Bash at the Beach. He was stripped of the title and fired by Vince Russo the same night. He won his sixth WWE title from Triple H on April 21st 2002 at Backlash. He lost the title to the Undertaker on May 19th 2002 at Judgment Day.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Benoit, he's a freakin' idol.

Regardless what he did.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
This is completely unfair. How in the world do you pit Chris Benoit against Hulk Hogan? I voted Benoit just cause... but stilll... this is completely unfair. Unless Benoit wins :p

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
I didn't think Benoit stood a chance so I wanted to give him a vote.

The Wrestling Addict

Reaction score
Benoit is winning the poll? This isn't a poll for marks. It's a poll for the greatest World Champion. Not better wrestler, not your favorite, but better champion. I hate Hogan but he should win this easily.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I'm surprised Benoit has this many votes. Not cause of what he did but because like it or not Hogan had one of it if not the greatest runs of all time and Benoit was a transitional champion. Hogan easily.

Deuce

Reaction score
I was the tiebreaker.... Hogan is up by one.

The Hoov

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
goldust
I refuse to vote for Hogan in anything. I'm a Benoit fan so I went with him. His 1 title reign meant way much more and was way more special of a moment than any of Hogan's reigns IMO. Hogan was McMahon's champion. Benoit was the fan's champion.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
END VOTE NOW!

I WANT BENOIT TO WIN THIS ONE!

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
I have to say I am extremely shocked by this. This has to be the biggest upset in the tourney. Hogan is about to go down in the first round to a wrestler with one world title reign that lasted the span of Mania to SummerSlam.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Sorry, but I am the one who swug it back to Hogan. Benoit's WWE Title reign was very good, but it was just one reign, his WCW one was a non-event for obverous reasons. To say Hogan did nothing as champion is silly. From 84-91 he had some classic feuds as WWF Champion and then as WCW Champion (more after turning heel) he had some more great ones. Yes he was carried by a lot of people, yes Vince Mcmahon was a big reason why he became such a big star, but the fact remains he changed Pro Wrestling back in the day and had some classic feuds, and the title did matter for most of his reigns. Benoit had so much talent and yes was an icon. But Hogan has to get this for me.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Well as of right now we standing 7-6 with Benoit pulling off the biggest upset this tourney has seen. I'm still not sure how this is as close as it is.

Deuce

Reaction score
7-7 finally people are realizing who the better champ was.

EffectsofRaven

Reaction score
Must be joking..

Reigns and Lengths don't mean anything, it's about the quality of the reigns, Hogan reigns, I can vaguely remember nor can I pick any defining moments apart from the Power Slam to Andre...

In reality, Benoit's probably meant more than any of Hogans...