6/17 Impact Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
Don't miss this week's "iMPACT!", featuring the aftermath from Sunday's "Slammiversary". Plus, the road begins to the July 11 "Victory Road" Pay-Per-View event!

- After a brutal clash with the "The Icon" Sting at Slammiversary, there's no rest for still reigning TNA World Heavyweight Champion Rob Van Dam as three new contenders to his title will be revealed!

- Plus, there will be a major announcement from "The Nature Boy" Ric Flair on the broadcast! What does the legend have to say to the wrestling world?

- Tommy Dreamer has arrived in TNA Wrestling! What's next for TNA's newest Superstar?

[YT]64emomQ7UCs&feature=player_embedded[/YT]

Haight

Reaction score
- It's good to see that the Motor City Machine Guns are still with TNA. For a while I wasn't so sure...

- The Ric Flair/Jay Lethal "WHooo-Off" was difficult to sit through...Why is Jay Lethal getting pushed so hard?

- -I fell asleep during the Doug Williams/Gen-ME match. But what TNA should have done was have Kendrick come out and choke out Williams with a tie...and then have Taz say "Well gee Mike! I'm not sure that's PG!!" <<LAUGHTER>>

- If Samoa Joe can't even beat Hernandez cleanly than what chance will he have against The Whole Fucking Show. This was one of those matches where I wished there was no interference. I really wanted to know that Joe can beat Hernandez.

- Angelina Love is back. YES!!

- Good to see Beer Money win this match. Id like to see them face MCMG. I'm not sure where there going with this Team-3D infighting angle...I don't want to speak to quickly but we could be witnessing a build up for Team 3D's retirement match. ('I Quit' or Career vs. Career, etc...)

- I can't believe Lethal beat Wolfe. Now its going to be Flair and Lethal at Victory road. I'm not sure this is a PPV match

[NOTE] For those who will be watching this match on YouTube. Check out the ending when Lethal wins, he jumps into the crowd and puts both arms around two fans. Those 'fans'were really plants. How can I tell?? Because both were dressed in Hulkamania t-shirts and bandanna...which no real TNA fan would be caught dead in. LOL...ah the little things I notice.

- Abyss heel turn is the best thing for him right now. He sees that Hogan has abandoned him for Lethal and now feels betrayed. Change your attire, ring music, and melt down that ring.

xtremebadass

Reaction score
I didn't see much of TNA but am so glad to know that Abyss is turning heel and is now back to being a hardcore crazy bastard.

iDak

Reaction score
Haight...You have a whole lotta HATE in ya don't ya?!? It looks as if you dont like anything but the boring old TNA and the X-Division. Jay Lethal is the one of the best that originals that the company has right now. As Hogan said earlier in the show...The Old TNA didn't use him right. To me he has more talent and charisma that was being ignored. The Lethal/Flair "Woo" off was entertaining and hilarious. Tonights show was the best its been in a few months. You just don't know whats good.

G 3

Reaction score
Haight...You have a whole lotta HATE in ya don't ya?!? It looks as if you dont like anything but the boring old TNA and the X-Division. Tonights show was the best its been in a few months. You just don't know whats good.

The old TNA was better than the shit they do now. X-Division use to actually be cool.

iDak

Reaction score
The old TNA was better than the shit they do now. X-Division use to actually be cool.
So you liked the unentertaining indy mess that was the old TNA?!? Are you Lance Storm? The X-division is useless. High flying should stay at the circus, and out of wrestling.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
Impact was pretty good last night. We have feuds progressing, good in ring action, new changes from people, and some good follow up to the ppv. The Lethal/Flair back and forth was pretty funny. Lethal is going to need to start becoming his own though, instead of getting caught up in impersonating Flair. After that feud is done, I'm hoping to see that. Angelina Love has some spark into her. I wonder where they are going with her after the put so much emphasis on the look in her eyes when she went ape shit on Lacey. I'm loving Douglas Williams character right now. It's him against the X-division. Hernandez vs Joe was alright. But I'm seeing this turn into a 3 way feud soon. They're trying hard to put over the importance of Jarrett/Sting, but it ain't going well for this viewer. I just don't care. Abyss heel turn was an "about damn time" feeling for me. But this just means Hogan vs Abyss somewhere down the line.

How about Fortune? Has to be the best Faction since Evolution and The Horsemen before that. In order to make them really sting, they need to start dominating. I mean really kicking ass. Yes TNA, that means Wolfe too. I don't know what your doing with the guy but it's bs. Over-all, a good impact.

Mr Eric Eric

Reaction score
TNA always has to have an x-division and knockouts division segment on the show every week and I find both boring.
Then you have boring Hernandez vs Joe who needs a shirt.
Then you have now boring The Band (which was good with Scott Hall but now boring) vs boring Ink Inc.
Then you have nobodies that have been with the company for over 5 years and never made a name for themselves(because they are boring) Lethal and Kazarian watering down Flair's segment.

Time to cut the cord on the nobodies that have been with the company a long time who have no charisma/mic skills and release the rest who have no charisma/mic skills. These guys are the reason why TNA hasn't grown into a legit company.

sobrdj41

Reaction score
I can understand saying Kazarian is boring. I never found him to be entertaining, but Jay Lethal is in my opinion one of the most entertaining personalities in the business today. I also think Chris Sabin is quite possibly one of most under rated & under utilized people in the whole wrestling business. As far as Impact goes, I at least enjoy watching every week. I have a very hard time sitting through a full WWE Raw episode.