5gws

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

jjridpath

Reaction score
After being addicted to the Ryland game series, EWR, TEW, and hell even Wrestling Spirit, i was looking for a game what was different, a game that would make me more addicted to wrestling and a game which had potential to grow. So i started searching the web for this game, i did not even think such a game would exist so i stumbled across a few, League Warz it had potential but it was to buggy, Promotion Wars it was addictive but too easy, and then i found it 5GWS it had a few bugs but i had some great features and i knew when the bugs were under control i would be addicted. It is a game which you will love or hate it is that simple, if you are open minded, and love the idea of being a promoter then you will love this game as you have different things to do.

Here are some features;

-Book your own tour for tv-shows or house shows, not only that but you can choose which wrestlers you want to go on to the tour and those to stay at home or go on another tour.

-Extensive Merchandise Options, there are two merchandise types one is a company and the other is personalized so you can make your own t-shirts,foam hands, etc but wait that is not all you can make DVD's with the same idea you can make a company DVD of a PPV or of the best moments of 2008 or you can do a personalized dvd of your favorite superstar.

-When you reach global level you can start releasing your own movies the only downside to me is that you can not change the name of the movies but you can chose the main star. You can also book celebrities in matches but beware as every time i see to put them in angles it comes up with an error. One of the last errors in the game.

There are loads more features that i can not think of right now but check it out if you are in to this type of game. I hope you enjoy it as much i have...this game was made in 2003-2005 but the main developer is working on a version two, while other members edit this game as it is an open source. The last stat update was june 2006 but someone is working on one which will be done in a week or so.

DOWNLOAD- 16.7mb

www[dot]forum[dot]5thgenerationgaming.com/index[dot]php?showtopic=34&pid=4248&st=40&#entry4248

chessarmy

I downloaded this and it isn't that bad. I'm still a little confused about some parts, and I also really want a roster update, but I'm sure it will come eventually. Great find!

cmb211087

Reaction score
Hi guys, cmb here, owner of Black Dragon Games.

We are currently trying to get everyone up to date on 5gws 2, as we really didn't go about our merger with Black Dragon Games, from 5th generation gaming, in a very good way, ie we hardly told anybody about the move and didn't update our links!

5gws 2 is currently in production, and I am also working hard on writing up tutorials to help with 5gws 1, as we know a lot of people just don't get it.

Jamie, the developer of 5gws 1 and 2, is also currently writing a developers blog on the forums, so be sure to read that. The link is below, just replace the [dot] with a actual dot like ..... (not that you don't know that already) ;-)

www[dot]blackdragongames[dot]co[dot]uk/forum

chessarmy

^ thanks for the update man! I hope the new game comes out soon, it really has lots of potential and I'm very appreciative of all the effort you guys are putting into this. Thank you

cmb211087

Reaction score
Honestly I don't see it being released until 2010 at the earliest. However we have got the majority of the editor done and are starting on the match engine and front end for booking matches/match results.