Royal Rumble 5 Wrestlers Most Likely To Win The Royal Rumble

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Geek773

First RWK Euro Champion
Banned
Reaction score
Hey that big guy fetish is still alive and well sir! :mad2:

I see what you mean though. Logically speaking, none of these 5 really need this win. They can use it to boost someone or start a new feud even. I honestly have no idea where they will be going with this one but I like that and I hope they keep it unpredictable.
If I booked this Rumble it'd be Samoa Joe to cement a new star, and they can exploit the clusterfuck around the Universal Title (Owens, Jericho, Rollins, Balor) with them having intentionally petty looking squabbles over it only for Joe to come out and fuck up the joint. That would be like a kiss of life for RAW, and frees Owens/Balor (whoever doesn't win that inevitable match), Rollins and Jericho up for other solid, upper midcard Mania matches for RAW.

Main objects in my mind are trying to have a "casual friendly" Rumble winner and Mania ME (Cena, Brock, Goldberg) or Vince thinking Joe is fat. Or there being another significant plan for Joe, like him joining The Club, but I seriously doubt anything as ballsy or possibly cool as that.

Reactions: Solid Snake

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
If I booked this Rumble it'd be Samoa Joe to cement a new star, and they can exploit the clusterfuck around the Universal Title (Owens, Jericho, Rollins, Balor) with them having intentionally petty looking squabbles over it only for Joe to come out and fuck up the joint. That would be like a kiss of life for RAW, and frees Owens/Balor (whoever doesn't win that inevitable match), Rollins and Jericho up for other solid, upper midcard Mania matches for RAW.

Main objects in my mind are trying to have a "casual friendly" Rumble winner and Mania ME (Cena, Brock, Goldberg) or Vince thinking Joe is fat. Or there being another significant plan for Joe, like him joining The Club, but I seriously doubt anything as ballsy or possibly cool as that.

Joe does make sense if they want a new fresh face for the start of the year. I mean he certainly deserves to be at Mania, if just for the draw alone. A lot of people who have preference to NXT will be more likely to tune in to Raw as well. Whatever they decide to do, I know it will be entertaining. That is the good thing about the RR, even bad ones are fun to watch.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
...explain Roman Reigns?

Tagging @Dolph'sZiggler since if he's around he can describe this one a hell of a lot better than I can

But as Vince said long ago, "We're not a sport, we make movies! We make a new (then) two-hour movie every Monday night!" And as dumb as that quote was, I can totally see this "three hour action movie" having the star being Roman Reigns. He looks, acts, and carries himself like an action hero, he's a much different case than saying "they're going to make Nia Jax the face of the division because she's big!!" At the time the decision was made to make Roman that dude, he had a cool factor not seen by many other dudes in this era on top of being athletic as hell. There was a time where people really bought into Roman being that dude when that decision was made. We've had roughly 95,194,893 threads about how much they fucked it up, but from a raw talent standpoint Roman Reigns has got so much going for him. It'll be cool to see him in Lucha Underground someday.

When talking about the "big guy fetish" that's going back to seeing Big Show on TV and twats like Koslov and 2007 Lashley and fucking Khali get big-time World Title pushes and Ezekiel Jackson getting groomed for bigger things and the new BIG BREAKOUT STAR being Sheamus and... now that the "lets make Sheamus a star!" experiment is finally over and he's stuck midcarding, the last three non-Roman big guys they've really pushed are Ryback, Wyatt, and Rusev who were solely built up to be smacked down by Cena then bumblefuck around while Rollins, Ambrose, Owens, and Styles hold world titles. (Not to mention Punk and Bryan. Or Apollo Crews.)

Reactions: Prince Bálor

Geek773

First RWK Euro Champion
Banned
Reaction score
Tagging @Dolph'sZiggler since if he's around he can describe this one a hell of a lot better than I can

But as Vince said long ago, "We're not a sport, we make movies! We make a new (then) two-hour movie every Monday night!" And as dumb as that quote was, I can totally see this "three hour action movie" having the star being Roman Reigns. He looks, acts, and carries himself like an action hero, he's a much different case than saying "they're going to make Nia Jax the face of the division because she's big!!" At the time the decision was made to make Roman that dude, he had a cool factor not seen by many other dudes in this era on top of being athletic as hell. There was a time where people really bought into Roman being that dude when that decision was made. We've had roughly 95,194,893 threads about how much they fucked it up, but from a raw talent standpoint Roman Reigns has got so much going for him. It'll be cool to see him in Lucha Underground someday.

When talking about the "big guy fetish" that's going back to seeing Big Show on TV and twats like Koslov and 2007 Lashley and fucking Khali get big-time World Title pushes and Ezekiel Jackson getting groomed for bigger things and the new BIG BREAKOUT STAR being Sheamus and... now that the "lets make Sheamus a star!" experiment is finally over and he's stuck midcarding, the last three non-Roman big guys they've really pushed are Ryback, Wyatt, and Rusev who were solely built up to be smacked down by Cena then bumblefuck around while Rollins, Ambrose, Owens, and Styles hold world titles. (Not to mention Punk and Bryan. Or Apollo Crews.)
It ultimately still feels like Vince has a prejudice in favour of the larger guy, it just doesn't win as often because the best wrestlers are so obviously smaller. But he still feels the next "cover star" should be big and muscular, which is why that role will be denied to Rollins, Ambrose, Owens (HE'S FAT!), Styles, Samoa Joe, Nakamura etc etc and given to Reigns. "Look" shouldn't be the deciding factor, but with Vince it is.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Here's the 3 stars that have a shot at winning:

Cena
Balor
Braun

Cena: always does the unthinkable and wants to beat AJ for the 16 world title
Balor: had to vacate his title after doing the unthinkable: beat Roman and Seth Rollins. He would come back and win, then most likely fight Roman and KO in a triple threat, or just Roman as KO fights Jericho
Braun: this is the biggest long shot to me as he's just starting to get that main event push, but it could happen as Vince may want a Roman vs Braun universal title match at mania. Although I think it's a terrible idea, Vince may not think so; therefore, there's a chance this may happen.

Reactions: Prince Bálor

The Phenom

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
1m1d5Ur
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Undertaker
Samoa Joe
Finn Balor
Kurt Angle
Please lord not John Cena!

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Its really hard to say this year...and already the line up is looking really strong...

Goldberg & Lesnar will cancel each other out...
Strowman is being protected...but you would think he's still too green...
Jericho is gone after Wrestlemania with Fozzy...
Reigns & Owens are having a title match that night...(I think)
Rollins is supposedly facing HHH at Wrestlemania...
Finn Balor may not be back from his injury...
Samoa Joe will be brand new to the main roster...If he really does debut that night...

You also have to take into consideration that SmackDown has
the Elimination Chamber Pay Per View...meaning the opponent for
Styles may-be selected in that main event...meaning the winner of
the Rumble will most likely be from RAW...but again...I'm just thinking
out loud.

It also depends on your Wrestlemania Card...and seeing as I have time...How about:

Goldberg vs. Brock Lesnar (No DQ Falls Count Anywhere) ~ Lesnar Wins...
Roman Reigns vs. Finn Balor for the Universal title ~ Balor wins...
Charlotte vs. Bayley for the RAW Women's title ~ Charlotte wins...because I'm booking it...
A.J Styles vs. Randy Orton for the World title ~ Styles wins...The Club/Wyatts clash during the match...
John Cena vs. Undertaker ~ Cena wins...heel turn...
Becky Lynch vs. Nikki Bella for the SmackDown Women's title ~ Nikki wins...heel turn...
Seth Rollins vs. Triple H ~ Rollins wins...
The Miz vs. Dean Ambrose for the Intercontinental title ~ Ambrose wins...
Kevin Owens vs. Chris Jericho (Last Man Standing Match for the List of Jericho) ~ Owens wins...
Sami Zayn vs. Braun Strowman for the vacant United States title ~ Zayn wins...
Cesaro & Sheamus vs. Bray Wyatt & Luke Harper (Champions vs. Champions) ~ Wyatts win...
The Big Show vs. Shaquille O'Neal ~ Big Show wins...retires...
Rich Swan vs. Neville vs. THE Brian Kendricks vs. T.J Perkins for the Cruiserweight title ~ Neville Wins...
The André the Giant Memorial Battle Royal (Which I would have Samoa Joe win)

So with that card...Finn Balor wins the Rumble...
Roman Reigns beats Kevin Owens at the Rumble because of Jericho...
Reigns vacates the United States title which leads to a tournament on RAW with the final
being Zayn vs. Strowman...
Randy Orton wins the Elimination Chamber...
&
If they turn Cena heel against Taker...Nikki Bella turns heel in her match and wins the title.

Again...just thinking out loud here...

Read this and immediately had to jump out and yell DUDE. Jericho vs Owens LMS match is a good idea, but that's such a perfect ladder match! :yay: No better way to start 2017 than hanging the List of Jericho from the ceiling of wherever this place is.

Lets do this!

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Read this and immediately had to jump out and yell DUDE. Jericho vs Owens LMS match is a good idea, but that's such a perfect ladder match! :yay: No better way to start 2017 than hanging the List of Jericho from the ceiling of wherever this place is.
Dude...Ladder Match is a better idea than Last Man Standing...Plus it makes more
sense as its actually a physical object they can hang up.

Plus they could give it a sappy ending and have Owens win...but he gives the List
back to Jericho to mend the friendship...with Jericho announcing that KO was never
on the list.

Or Jericho wins...but announces he's going away for a while and he passes the List
onto Owens who takes the List gimmick and runs with it.

And of course if the crowd boos either of these ending...Owens & Jericho can add
every single crowd member to the List.

"You know what Orlando...YOU ALL JUST MADE THE LIST!!!"

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I'm thinking it will be:

Jericho
UnderTaker
Finn Balor
Goldberg or
Bray Wyatt

Ah I keep forgetting about the Undertaker. He was mentioned quite a lot as well. If it isn't Cena, I will be surprised lol

Geek773

First RWK Euro Champion
Banned
Reaction score
Ah I keep forgetting about the Undertaker. He was mentioned quite a lot as well. If it isn't Cena, I will be surprised lol
In my heart, Joe. In my head, Balor. What does Taker do if Cena wins? He's advertised for the same SD...

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
In my heart, Joe. In my head, Balor. What does Taker do if Cena wins? He's advertised for the same SD...
:hmm:

Well, let us hope for the sake of all things Cena, it isn't Cena :dawg:

The Phenom

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
1m1d5Ur