5 top indy wrestlers

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

ncryan10

Reaction score
Heres a list of the top 5 indy wrestlers in my opinion

1. Bryan Dannielson
2. Austin Aries
3.Kenta
4.Roderick Strong
5.Chris Hero

Rell

Reaction score
5.Mike Quackenbush-Fun to watch, definitely one of the best high flyers currently on the independent circuit.

4.El Generico-He's a Canadian Luchadore...He definitely has one of the best personalities in wrestling today. He is greatly underrated because of his size, or lack thereof.

3.Austin Aries-A Wrestling Machine. TNA really ruined the chance they had with him, I feel he can be a house hold name if used correctly. He is one of the best wrestlers in the world, I would've had him ranked number 2, if it weren't for his absence.

2.Nigel Mcguinness-His European style is what makes him stand out. He uses Lariats a bit too much at times, but overall I feel he's one of the best independent wrestling has to offer. I prefer him as a cocky heel, reminds me of William Regal.

1.Bryan Danielson-He honestly doesn't lack in any category. He can do it all, striking, submission, mat wrestling, chain wrestling, hell he even pulls off high flying maneuvers every once in a while. He can generate heat very well, and has the ability to put on a great match at any time.

Famou$ 187

1.Bryan Danielson
2.Matt Sydal
3.Jack Evans
4.Austin Aries
5.Roderick Strong

JHar888

Reaction score
1. Sid Vicious
2. Mr. Hughes
3. Test
4. Rob Conway
5. Adam Flash

Duhh!

Cynic Clinic

Reaction score
1. Briscoes
2. Quack
3. El Generico

But who knows, my favs change at the drop of a hat.

Something I need answered... Why the F does everyone love Aries so much?

Dylanfsd

Reaction score
1)Brian Danielson
2)Chris Hero
3)Austin Aieres
4)Jack Evens
5)Nigel Mcguinness

Soulpower

1.Chris Hero
2.Chuck Taylor
3.Bryan Danielson
4.PAC
5."Lighting" Mike Quackenbush

Montana

1) Danielson

2) Briscoes

3) Aries

4) Nigel

5) Quack, Sydal, Strong, Hero, Evans

You gotta consider the Briscoes top 5 this year.

Switchy

Reaction score
1) Brian Danielson
2) Nigel Mcguiness
3) Roderick Strong
4) Austin Aries
5) Chris Hero

GShton

Reaction score
You are all listing ROH guys who are under contract so they aren't really indy.

Cynic Clinic

Reaction score
ROH is still indy, IMO. Their contracts don't make them exclusive.

Rell

Reaction score
Ring Of Honor isn't exactly mainstream just yet, but at the same time, they are not completely "Independent". The fact that they now have wrestlers under contract, and the new PPV deal are signs of ROH moving towards mainstream, but lets not forget, there is numerous guys on ROH's roster who are full time competitors in other independent promotions, which is not exactly a characteristic of a "mainstream" promotion, hell Danielson is the PWG champion. I fell a promotions is only completely "mainstream" or non-indy when their entire roster is under contract, they have a secure television deal and are shown worldwide, and has some sort of policy on Wrestlers competing in other organizations, which is basically non-existent in ROH at the moment.