5/27 Impact Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
thurs1.jpg

thurs2.jpg

- The main event for Slammiversary is set as TNA World Heavyweight Champion Rob Van Dam will defend against Sting! What will happen between RVD and Sting this Thursday night? Tune in and find out!

- Will Mr. Anderson explain why he helped Jeff Hardy this past week?

- What does Abyss have planned for Chelsea now that he has control of her? How will Desmond Wolfe react?

Plus, more on Jay Lethal and Ric Flair, the war between Team 3D and Ink Inc, new matches announced for Slammiversary and so much more!

Reaction score
Going to watch it on Saturday just for the fact of Jay Lethal. I also want to see the build up for Kaz vs Lethal, we know its going to happen. Wolfe vs Hardy, intresting hope they get 10+ minutes. Could be intressting, hopw Hulk doesn't try and take up all two hours

Tobe__

Reaction score
Wolfe vs Hardy will end in Abyss coming out with Chelsea, creating a distraction, costing Wolfe the match. Bank on it.

nation

Reaction score
Styles vs. Anderson? Oh shit.

Hit N Run

Reaction score
Pity I was enjoying Anderson as a heel, but I'll have to see where they are going with it.

Wolfe and Hardy should be good, more Abyss/Chelsea nonsense, yay mega face carry um woman down to ring with big club. Facepalm. Someone let Cornette bump into Russo this week and solve all TNA's problems.

Other than that not a great deal here to salivate over, will there be a O-Zone? :brows:

:laugh:

Tobe__

Reaction score
Yeah, Impact needs more O-Zone.

xtremebadass

Reaction score
I cannot believe how SpikeTV allows TNA to put on most of their show they manage to pull off every week. It almost disgusted me.

Didn't Spike censor ASSHOLE?

Haight

Reaction score
Just some random thoughts here. I turned on Impact right during the Hornswaggle segment...

-- TNA managed to find the one fucking guy in the WWE that everyone agrees is beyond lame, cloned him, and had him run into the ring?? Embarrassing! I have no other reason but to suspect that TNA is purposely being sabotaged when I see crap like this. I realize they were kind of doing a promo for SpikeTV which has a show about fighting midgets (stupid) but I would never have signed off on this shit. At some point you need to use a little common sense and at least make it look like you are trying to protect your product.

-- So we've basically been watching the same 4 knockouts fight each other for the past 3 weeks. Question. Could someone please tell me where Angelina Love is? I'd really like to know.

-- Desmond Wolfe vs. Hardy was good but...

Not sure I like the way Wolfe is being used right now. IMO he needs to distance himself from Flair (and other wrestlers) and become his own man....He needs to get Chelsea back and we need to see a more defined Desmond Wolfe emerge. He needs to start winning some matches cleanly. He needs to make Abyss dissapear (From what I read I guess he hit him with a pipe) Thats a good start, but he needs to go further and win back some respect.

I feel bad that he has to participate in this recycled storyline. HOGAN!!!....I'M TALKING TO YOU HULK HOGAN!!!....I know you're backstage watching this....so I'm calling you out right now! Desmond Wolfe IS NOT The Macho Man! Chelsea IS NOT Ms. Elizabeth! Abyss IS NOT George The Animal Steele! ...AND Hulk Hogan IS NOT CREATIVE!!

---AJ Styles and Anderson was ANOTHER good match but...

I'm not sure turning Anderson face is a good idea...for a couple of reasons. Anderson was born to be a heel. He is just good at being bad. If you go back and look at his attack on The Pope and at his 'congregation' segment with Hardy, that was pure gold right there. Why would you want to mess with that?! Just leave it alone! It's too early to tell, but I have the feeling that the moment he becomes a likeable guy, theres going to be a lot of fans who will stop caring. I make this statement after observing what happened to Kennedy when HE turned face. BBBOOOORRRRRIIINNNGG!!!!!!

Another important thing about Anderson is that...he was not just a heel to the TNA fans/wrestlers, but ALSO to annoying WWE fans who never really liked him to begin with...and are even more pissed that he found success after WWE. When Randy Orton gets injured, we need a guy like Anderson to remind us that karma is indeed...a bitch.

Reaction score
Another oh so fabulous knockouts tag match! /snicker

I liked when Taylor got pinned right in the middle of the ring and Sarita just stood there staring off into space not knowing what's going on.

It's okay though Taylor, you're still my favorite wrestling butterface.

Mr Eric Eric

Reaction score
1 What's the point of a 3 way tag match when nothing is on the line such as determining a number 1 contender?
2 What the hell is the point of the knockouts, that match along with all other knockout matches looks so fake?
3 What the hell is the point of the x-division like Kaz vs Lethal?

I liked the Hardy/Anderson promo to begin the show, and then the last half hour of Hardy vs Wolfe, Anderson vs Styles, but everything between just plain sucked.

That midget is TNA's version of Hornswoggle. I have kept telling myself thank god TNA doesn't have a Hornswoggle or Santino until this show.

xtremebadass

Reaction score
I want to know why Sarita and Wilde got that tag title shot to begin with. They haven't been seen probably since they lost the belts 4 months ago. They did nothing to deserve the shot. It's nice to see the belts being defended by it was just an awkward situation.

Tobe__

Reaction score
People need to understand that TNA doesnt give two fucks about their womens division anymore. Lets look at the current Knockouts and see how they are used:

Angelina Love: Apparently out with a injury (Im not sure about this though, can anyone confirm this?) When she returns, is there anything to do for her?

Chelsea: Not really a "knockout" in the sense of being a active wrestler, but atleast she has a on-screen character. She is doing fine, although I dont think anyone deserves being in a angle with Abyss, mainly because he sucks so much that he shouldn't even be in TNA.

Christy Hemme: The fact that she is on tv every week makes me a happy man, as she is one of the hottest women in wrestling. So good job there TNA.

Daffney: Also out with a injury? She has one of the best characters of all the Knockouts, and still they cant seem to come out with anything remotely decent for her to do. What a god damn shame. She can wrestle, is willing to take sick bumps, and she is sexy as all hell.

Hamada: What a waste. This woman has so much talent, and yet is being used to absolutely nothing. May I ask why? If only Hamada was brought in when the Knockouts were one of the best things in TNA, she would've been multiple times KO champ, or atleast have a good long run with the belt. But now? Im suprised she's still with the company.

The Beautiful People (Velvet Sky, Madison Rayne, Lacey Von Erich):
I guess the reason they sticked all the titles on them, is because there aren't anyone else to give them to. Or, there is, and could've been more, but yeah, as mentioned, TNA just doesnt care anymore. Their title run so far has been a joke, mainly because they have only defended the titles (atleast the tag titles) in pointless matches on Impact, with no build-up whatsoever.

ODB: I guess she's in the "dog house" after her little comment on facebook or twitter or wherever it was. She was only speaking the truth though, and the fact that TNA reacted the way they did just proves that they probably agree, but doesnt want people to know about it.

Roxxi: Glad she's back, but, ok, returns, beats Madison CLEAN, and there's your "feud". Next up, title match at Slammiversary. Wow. Must've taken someone atleast 2 minutes to come up with this. Im glad there's a fresh face going for the title, but come on, where's the build-up, the story, anything? Are they expecting us to believe that the segment were TBP shaved her head is still relevant?

Sarita/Taylor Wilde: I feel so bad for these two. Both of them are so talented, and this is how they are treated. Why they are still bothering keeping them as a team is beyond me. Taylor has had, what, 2 or 3 KO title runs? If booked right, Sarita could easily get one as well. This team has no meaning whatsoever anymore, and that is a fucking shame.

Thats all of them. So as of now, only TBP, Taylor/Sarita and Roxxi is currently active. Thats 6 KO's, where 5 of them are in tag teams. What a bunch of fucking shit.

Then we got all the ones that was either released or quit (and I cant say I blame them). Awesome Kong, Alissa Flash, Gail Kim, Shelly Martinez. Probably more, but its 5 AM, and thats all I can come up with right now.

What confuses me is, TNA KNOWS that the Knockouts is a huge draw. They know that from before, as they experienced a increase in ratings when the KO division was at its best. WHY CANT YOU DO THE SAME THING NOW?! Oh yeah, I forgot, Hogan thinks rehashing stories from the 80's and stuff from WCW still draws. Silly me.

You know its a fucking disgrace when the WWE actually has a better womens division than you. That just says it all.

/rant

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI