5/20 Impact Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jon Honcho

Reaction score
I think the TNA Knockout's Division has gone from a strength of TNA to a weakness now.

As little as 2 years ago the Knockouts were getting the highest rated segments on Impact. There was even a rumor for the Knockouts to have their own show. Once Gail Kim left and started embarassing herself in WWE, the Knockouts went with her.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
Impact was pretty good. Roxxi's back and her pinning Madison automatically puts her in the title picture. The top 10 Contenders thing is real scetchy. Sting's number one? Really? Black Machismo is gone finally. Kaz aligning himself with Flair's crew is cool too. I like Kaz but he's not getting great reactions. Him being with Flair should help alot. Am I the only one starting to like Rob Terry?

KURT FUCKING ANGLE IS BACK!!!

Jon Honcho

Reaction score
^^^I really like the new Kurt Angle storyline with him taking on all of the contenders. This could work two ways. He mows through them and faces RVD at Bound for Glory. I don't like that too much because he might bury good guys like Wolfe and Pope in the process. Second, it goes for more than 6-8 months. I really want to see an Angle/Pope feud or with Jeff Hardy. Either way it's a great way to start the second half of the year for him.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
That's what crossed my mind when Kurt said he was going to start from the bottom of the list til he gets to the top. It means that Kurt will get to have feuds/matches with guys he may not have had a match/feud with. BUT, that could also mean that I'm going to see Kurt burry a bunch of guys til he gets to the top. I hoping I'm wrong on the last part though.

Tobe__

Reaction score
Anyone else kinda confused about wtf they are doing to Anderson's character now?

Hit N Run

Reaction score
It wasn't a bad impact, although the Wolfe/Abyss stuff is almost starting to get creepy, I thought Hogan wanted Abyss as somekind of John Cena superhero face, not an obsessed sexual stalker. :evil_4:
I also thought the broken bottle bit was maybe a step too far, I know PG isn't greatly welcomed, but that was well over the top.

Other than that the Angel move is good, and it still looks like he's going to form the backbone of the company. A lot is riding on those potential fights and it seems like its got a good chance of drawing some interest.

Like the Jay Lethal change of attire, seems the 'getting to know me' chats over the past few shows are a new direction, and hopefully it'll mean big things for him this year.

Other than that, how the hell is Sting number one, had he raised that much on the voting list, just seemed odd as he's been beating up on everyone else since he attacked RVD a few months back.

I also have to admit, I'm enjoying Orlando's character as it comes along, alot more darker than I was expecting. Will have to wait and see where they go with it.

Still not happy with Tara going, and the Roxxi/Madison match wasn't that great. With Tara gone, I'm praying Daffney gets back from her injury and takes over the division, as something needs to happen in the Knockouts and soon before its dead and buried, just where Hogan bloody wants it.

I'll say this Impact was more enjoyable than not though, so a thumbs up from me.

phantomgerald

Reaction score
It wasn't a bad impact, although the Wolfe/Abyss stuff is almost starting to get creepy, I thought Hogan wanted Abyss as somekind of John Cena superhero face, not an obsessed sexual stalker. :evil_4:
I also thought the broken bottle bit was maybe a step too far, I know PG isn't greatly welcomed, but that was well over the top.

Other than that the Angel move is good, and it still looks like he's going to form the backbone of the company. A lot is riding on those potential fights and it seems like its got a good chance of drawing some interest.

Like the Jay Lethal change of attire, seems the 'getting to know me' chats over the past few shows are a new direction, and hopefully it'll mean big things for him this year.

Other than that, how the hell is Sting number one, had he raised that much on the voting list, just seemed odd as he's been beating up on everyone else since he attacked RVD a few months back.

I also have to admit, I'm enjoying Orlando's character as it comes along, alot more darker than I was expecting. Will have to wait and see where they go with it.

Still not happy with Tara going, and the Roxxi/Madison match wasn't that great. With Tara gone, I'm praying Daffney gets back from her injury and takes over the division, as something needs to happen in the Knockouts and soon before its dead and buried, just where Hogan bloody wants it.

I'll say this Impact was more enjoyable than not though, so a thumbs up from me.

I'll echo most of what you said, especially the broken bottle bit. The only other two parts I didn't like was making Madison Rayne lose after she beats Tara clean and has momentum, and giving away a potential Sting/Hardy match. And also the fact that who would believe Sting would be #1 in fan voting. I also didn't like the part at the start where heels and faces were standing at opposite sides and not according to ranking. Other than that it was a good show, surprisingly.

Hit N Run

Reaction score
Another thing I just remembered, was TNA in the US choosing to cut away from every chairshot, and even low blows?

Or was that blinkin Bravo's call in the UK. If it was Bravo I want to complain to someone, as at 9pm I can't see why they aren't showing something as simple as a Low blow Hell I can see that on most blinkin video clip shows at 6pm. :cussing:

KenFan4life

Reaction score
Anyone else kinda confused about wtf they are doing to Anderson's character now?

Yea'....Last Time I checked, He told the Troops to go Poonge themselves up da' butt, talk'd smack about Angle, beat the crap out of the pope, ripped Jeff Hardy's fanbase a new a-hole.....and somehow he's a face now?

(The Pope is still out selling the injury by the way.)

Overrall....I thought the "Anderson's A-Holes!" promo was awesome, but it just doesn't make sense to up and make him a good guy, unless the Pope comes back as a bitter (I won't let this go un-avenged!) type heel.

Tobe__

Reaction score
If they turn Mr. Anderson face, that might be the stupidest decision TNA has ever made.