3rd Annual WWEF Fantasy League Thread- League Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
ayyyy rate my team for my first money league draft of the season (PPR, similar scoring to our league, 12 teams)

2nd pick:

QB Matt Starford
RB Adrian Peterson
RB Andre Ellington
WR Cordarrelle Patterson
WR Golden Tate
TE Rob Gronkowski
Flex- Maurice Jones Drew
Defense
Kicker
bench: Terrence Williams
Ahmad Bradshaw
Charles Clay
Lagarrette Blount
Jarrett Boykin
Bernie Pierce
Looks good but "mjd won't be a top 30 back" someone told me that once ;)

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
looks better in TC than PS tbf. He'll be the backup/slot easily but I can see him doing something. Might drop Hoyer or Roethlisberger to pick up a fourth RB if necessary in the case that Jackson doesn't make it back.
To be fair no one in the camps are trying to accidentally hurt their own teammates so they're not really playing 100%

Nero_x3

The Architect
Banned
Reaction score
Waiting to see what Hoyer and Ben look like come week one.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Assume you're expecting either Taint/Boykin/T-Will will pan out as a WR2? You have too many eggs in the Patterson basket.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Assume you're expecting either Taint/Boykin/T-Will will pan out as a WR2? You have too many eggs in the Patterson basket.
Tate is a slam dunk WR 2 in Detroit.

T Will will be consistent as the Dez sidekick. Dallas will always be in shoot outs.

Boykin is a place filler. I don't expect too much.

CP is th man. I'll put every damn egg in his basket. He is going to ball out. I rank him as like the 13th WR as of this post

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Quick question. Why do all the best players get caught for substance abuse?
Since this is the case, why not allow everything? Let the court handle 'due process'
Allow assaults, allow drugs and most of all, allow PED's. If this is immoral, let the judge deal with it.

I'd love for all the players to be 'roiding. It creates a video game atmosphere, where a cat can get his wheel crushed one game and suit up the next morning.

Nero_x3

The Architect
Banned
Reaction score
Quick question. Why do all the best players get caught for substance abuse?
Since this is the case, why not allow everything? Let the court handle 'due process'
Allow assaults, allow drugs and most of all, allow PED's. If this is immoral, let the judge deal with it.

I'd love for all the players to be 'roiding. It creates a video game atmosphere, where a cat can get his wheel crushed one game and suit up the next morning.
Because massive disarray and we wouldn't even be watching a football game at that point. More like uncoordinated, savage rugby.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Because massive disarray and we wouldn't even be watching a football game at that point. More like uncoordinated, savage rugby.
Point taken, but this deters me how?
Don't be mistaken, you're right.
I loved watching Lawrence Taylor especially when he was doing drugs.
The Raiders were glorious to watch when they were doing drugs.

Clean ball players are boring. It's the main reason the Cowboys suck now.

Nero_x3

The Architect
Banned
Reaction score
Point taken, but this deters me how?
Don't be mistaken, you're right.
I loved watching Lawrence Taylor especially when he was doing drugs.
The Raiders were glorious to watch when they were doing drugs.

Clean ball players are boring. It's the main reason the Cowboys suck now.
The cowboys suck that's better for me ;>. They ban drugs mainly cause the general consensus is that clean players are much better than PED'd players because it's natural talent rather than enhanced talent. That and they want less player suicides. The real problem with why the NFL is lacking and regressing is because they're making it a sissy sport. Best example? The bullshit new illegal contact rule.

Reactions: Red Rain

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Natural talent >> Enhanced talent. That's a bunch of hogwash and you know it. Player suicides aren't my problem.
Everything you said I agree with. Every bit.
I'll take enhanced talent over a bunch of pu**ies ruining the game I used to love watching.

"You can't go out and get drunk and get laid. That's wrong!!!" LOL What a bunch of wusses? Why would I study film for 24 hours when I can do it in 4 hours and get laid?

Nero_x3

The Architect
Banned
Reaction score
Natural talent >> Enhanced talent. That's a bunch of hogwash and you know it. Player suicides aren't my problem.
Everything you said I agree with. Every bit.
I'll take enhanced talent over a bunch of pu**ies ruining the game I used to love watching.

"You can't go out and get drunk and get laid. That's wrong!!!" LOL What a bunch of wusses? Why would I study film for 24 hours when I can do it in 4 hours and get laid?
Fair enough, but to the average casual fan of the NFL, said fans see it as a problem for players to be running on drugs doing fuck all on the field. And the NFL gets bad press and all this other collateral that builds up that eventually results in massive backlash. Although it'd please some fans, the inevitable implosion would be the only thing to worry about. Then again that's already happening with these new shitty penalties.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Fair enough, but to the average casual fan of the NFL, said fans see it as a problem for players to be running on drugs doing fuck all on the field. And the NFL gets bad press and all this other collateral that builds up that eventually results in massive backlash. Although it'd please some fans, the inevitable implosion would be the only thing to worry about. Then again that's already happening with these new shitty penalties.

If I were in a public forum, I would say absolutely everything you just wrote -- to a T.
I love violence and Peyton Manning football is horsesh** to me.
I'm probably just butt-hurt that the NFL is more of a QB showcase than an actual football league.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
I'm okay with a lot of the things with player safety but the penalties in this preseason have just been insanely excessive.

Tate is a slam dunk WR 2 in Detroit.

T Will will be consistent as the Dez sidekick. Dallas will always be in shoot outs.

Boykin is a place filler. I don't expect too much.

CP is th man. I'll put every damn egg in his basket. He is going to ball out. I rank him as like the 13th WR as of this post

Well you know how much I love Patterson, but I know how much you hate Cassel. Then again he did put up good stats with him last year plus he has Norv and more experience.

As you recall I started Boykin down the stretch last year and was very happy with his production. Then again he was usually filling in for Cobb in the slot while now he'll be taking James Jones/ spot and is obviously a big upgrade. If you suited up for the Packers you'd have some fantasy value.

We shall see with T-Will. Know you're really high on the Dallas offense, but the defensive concerns seem overblown from a fantasy perspective since they should have put up better numbers with that godawful defense last year. Still another year of experience should do him good.

Golden Tate is screaming to me "better for Detroit than for fantasy" with Stafford so used to throwing to Calvin, but both he and T-Will are the kind of great high-upside gambles that win you your leagues, so who am I to argue?

Anyway, what I came here for was to say CBSSports has money leagues! Yay! There's one with a 30 dollar buy-in that gives 200 to the winner lol, CBS is making a fortune.

Yahoo's doesn't seem too bad

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
I'm okay with a lot of the things with player safety but the penalties in this preseason have just been insanely excessive.

Well you know how much I love Patterson, but I know how much you hate Cassel. Then again he did put up good stats with him last year plus he has Norv and more experience.

We shall see with T-Will. Know you're really high on the Dallas offense, but the defensive concerns seem overblown from a fantasy perspective since they should have put up better numbers with that godawful defense last year. Still another year of experience should do him good.

Golden Tate is screaming to me "better for Detroit than for fantasy" with Stafford so used to throwing to Calvin, but both he and T-Will are the kind of great high-upside gambles that win you your leagues, so who am I to argue?

Bridgewater will be in before you know it (2-4 games IMO) and he's going to look for a #1 WR and his TE more often than not.

I'm pretty high on T-Will myself, it'll be a shootout for many of Dallas' games this year and he can't really throw to Dez and Witten all day and as shown last year T-Will can play off those distractions relatively well.

Tate is a 50/50 choice for me, I wouldn't rely on him but I wouldn't oppose starting him if the situation permits.. I'll tell you that I don't believe since Calvin Johnson has been there that there has been a "legit" #2.. Burleson was pretty close but I believe Tate is a bit more athletic than him and Stafford spread some love to him at some points.