3rd Annual WWEF Fantasy League Thread- League Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Nick

Reaction score
How did you wind up with Sproles as your RB 2? I think his role in Philly is strictly a backup, thus you don't really want him as your RB2 in fantasy.

Your WRs look solid, but I think Cruz and especially Garcon get value boosts in PPR leagues, so being non-ppr they are pretty average as a 1-2 combo. Sanders probably got a big boost in value last night w/ Welker getting his 56th career concussion, same w/ Thomas.

I would look into finding a Rb2 somehow if I were you man.
Yeah, one of my main concerns is getting someone better than Sproles. I do know Chip Kelly has plans to use him heavily in the offense on 3rd down, but I don't see him contributing much. I'm trying to make some sort of deal, I don't have any buyers though

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Yeah, one of my main concerns is getting someone better than Sproles. I do know Chip Kelly has plans to use him heavily in the offense on 3rd down, but I don't see him contributing much. I'm trying to make some sort of deal, I don't have any buyers though
Float around some 2 for 1 or 3 for 1 offers. Packaging together a bunch of lesser players for a dank player is my favorite thing to get people to bite on.

Nick

Reaction score
Float around some 2 for 1 or 3 for 1 offers. Packaging together a bunch of lesser players for a dank player is my favorite thing to get people to bite on.
I'm trying to get Frank Gore off my brother. Not much of an improvement, but I know nobody with a top 20 is gonna trade me anybody because I don't want to give up my starters

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I would look into trying to move Sanders and Sproles for a big RB improvement. Pitch that Sanders looked great in his preseason debut (128 yards 2 TDs) and that Welker is probably done for his career with his latest concussion (who knows if true, just tell them that)

Reactions: Snowman1

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Don't worry TOO much about Sproles, RB2 is the easiest position to replace. Or do what D'Z said.

Idk, he will likely be highly inconsistent, no? Running game will be top priority as it always is w/ Kubes, Smith will be option 1 in the pass game, Pitta #2 and then you have Smith as the #3 receiving option in a run first offense.

He has a lot more IRL value to Baltimore than he has fantasy value. Worth a speculative stash, but I wouldn't expect to consistently start him.

Too many Smiths! :why:

As a consistent producer I wouldn't want to rely on him, but he's a nice guy to consider as a depth/flex option (albeit with hiim having 3 solid WR's maybe he should take the upside of Hunter) and will outplay his really low ADP.

Despite being known for his deep ball, Flacco's always been at his best with a tough, possession type WR to throw to like he did with Mason all those years and during the playoff run with Boldin, he has the most targets this preseason and has done the most with his targets, the whole crew's been talking him up through training camp, and of course he's a fine RZ target.

He shouldn't be the Smith that's irrelevant in fantasy this year and I'd expect him to put up better stats than Torrey's done in recent years, but can understand you being skeptical due to the Baltimore offense and how much it's burned you. Great value, though.

And if you don't mind me asking, where do you normally play in your money leagues?

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Really, really good article for fantasy players who overreact to high volume RBs

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/48236/71/high-volume-running-backs
I checked out the article.
It specifically targets RB's coming off 300 carry seasons, whereas my concern as always been 1,500 career carries.
A great example I use would be Thomas Jones. When he joined the Jets in 2007, he was 29 when the season began, but only had 1,349 carries.
This meant that, despite his age, he was still low risk and potential for high production.

The article touches career touches less vigorously and seems to emphasize the 300 carry season. The latter shouldn't deter anybody in the least.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Don't worry TOO much about Sproles, RB2 is the easiest position to replace. Or do what D'Z said.

Too many Smiths! :why:

As a consistent producer I wouldn't want to rely on him, but he's a nice guy to consider as a depth/flex option (albeit with hiim having 3 solid WR's maybe he should take the upside of Hunter) and will outplay his really low ADP.

Despite being known for his deep ball, Flacco's always been at his best with a tough, possession type WR to throw to like he did with Mason all those years and during the playoff run with Boldin, he has the most targets this preseason and has done the most with his targets, the whole crew's been talking him up through training camp, and of course he's a fine RZ target.

He shouldn't be the Smith that's irrelevant in fantasy this year and I'd expect him to put up better stats than Torrey's done in recent years, but can understand you being skeptical due to the Baltimore offense and how much it's burned you. Great value, though.

And if you don't mind me asking, where do you normally play in your money leagues?

f"I'd expect him to put up better stats than Torrey's done in recent years,"

You're saying you expect more than 1,000 yards or 8+ Tds for STEVE smith? I think Torrey Smith is going to set career highs across the board. 75+ catches for 1,200 yards and 8-10 TDs for Torrey.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Oh and money leagues? We have them on NFL.com, if it is the site you are asking about?

I handle the money personally, nothing to do with the site.

Reactions: Snowman1

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
I'm starting to lose faith in my team guys.

Welker concussion, Bell's an idiot who might or might not be facing suspension (most likely will), T-Rich is a bust.. that leaves me with Golden Tate and 2 Miami WRs and Carlos Hyde at RB.. *cries*

I think I'd be satisfied with anything above 10th place now.

Nero_x3

The Architect
Banned
Reaction score
Meanwhile over at my team I'm pretty pleased even though I need Jackson back cause West looks great but is probably backup/slot

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
I'm starting to lose faith in my team guys.

Welker concussion, Bell's an idiot who might or might not be facing suspension (most likely will), T-Rich is a bust.. that leaves me with Golden Tate and 2 Miami WRs and Carlos Hyde at RB.. *cries*

I think I'd be satisfied with anything above 10th place now.

If 10th place is really your goal, it can be achieved. You have plenty of players who have the possibility to have MONSTER games. Peyton Manning. Julius Thomas. Clay and Wallace and even Trent Richardson can explode any given week, and who cares about a small suspension for Bell lol.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
ayyyy rate my team for my first money league draft of the season (PPR, similar scoring to our league, 12 teams)

2nd pick:

QB Matt Starford
RB Adrian Peterson
RB Andre Ellington
WR Cordarrelle Patterson
WR Golden Tate
TE Rob Gronkowski
Flex- Maurice Jones Drew
Defense
Kicker
bench: Terrence Williams
Ahmad Bradshaw
Charles Clay
Lagarrette Blount
Jarrett Boykin
Bernie Pierce

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
ayyyy rate my team for my first money league draft of the season (PPR, similar scoring to our league, 12 teams)

2nd pick:

QB Matt Starford
RB Adrian Peterson
RB Andre Ellington
WR Cordarrelle Patterson
WR Golden Tate
TE Rob Gronkowski
Flex- Maurice Jones Drew
Defense
Kicker
bench: Terrence Williams
Ahmad Bradshaw
Charles Clay
Lagarrette Blount
Jarrett Boykin
Bernie Pierce

Not bad, I do like Terrance Williams a lot and the combo of Peterson and Ellington with Gronk and Stafford are pretty nice for starters.. I see you had the 1st or 2nd pick so overall I'd give it like a B+

Meanwhile over at my team I'm pretty pleased even though I need Jackson back cause West looks great but is probably backup/slot

Gotta disagree, West doesn't look too good at all; he's had about 2 somewhat impressive runs for 7 yds and a little under 10 yds but he went 17 yds on 7 carries against the Rams which is less than 3yds/carry and is 70 yds on 25 carries for the preseason which again is less than 3 yds/ carry all against 2nd and 3rd stringers which isn't very good.. He won't be a factor until Tate gets hurt.

Nero_x3

The Architect
Banned
Reaction score
Not bad, I do like Terrance Williams a lot and the combo of Peterson and Ellington with Gronk and Stafford are pretty nice for starters.. I see you had the 1st or 2nd pick so overall I'd give it like a B+

Gotta disagree, West doesn't look too good at all; he's had about 2 somewhat impressive runs for 7 yds and a little under 10 yds but he went 17 yds on 7 carries against the Rams which is less than 3yds/carry and is 70 yds on 25 carries for the preseason which again is less than 3 yds/ carry all against 2nd and 3rd stringers which isn't very good.. He won't be a factor until Tate gets hurt.
looks better in TC than PS tbf. He'll be the backup/slot easily but I can see him doing something. Might drop Hoyer or Roethlisberger to pick up a fourth RB if necessary in the case that Jackson doesn't make it back.