30 Rock Season Six Starts Tonight in the UK

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
The final season of one of the best comendies of recent years debuts tonight on Comedy Central at 10.30, the opening episode centers on Jack's wedding. I am very excited!:whoo:

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I am still waiting for Season 5 to be released on DVD here. It was meant to be released on Thursday but no stores stocked it and I am hoping it will be there on Monday.

The station that airs it here keep changing times and mess things up by switching between new episodes and repeats.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
A bit of a slow start last night, they tried to cram a little too much into one episode, although nice to see some of the supporting players shine, like Angie for example and a nice moment between Jack and Liz to end things. Robert De Niro guest stars next week.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Keith how would you rank Season 5 out of the five seasons so far? Is it worth getting right away?

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I have only seen it once Troy, I point this out because sometimes with these things they do improve on further viewing, for example 4 was better second time around. For me any season of 30 Rock is worth having even the poorer ones, as it is just one of the most inventive and funny shows of recent years.

Basically I would put Five ahead of Four, but not as good as the first three.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Fair enough I will have to look around and try to find it here.

I agree with you that some seasons of shows are better once you watch them a couple of times. For example for me Season 2 of Community was only okay the first time I watched it but it keeps getting better each time I watch it and it is fantastic now.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Liz and Tracy doing Billy Joel has to be up with the Midnight Train to Geogia scene from season Two. Classic stuff!

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Keith I watched Season 5 and I thought that the first two thirds was really good but the last bit was a bit weak, still easily worth the money. Really didn't like the 100th episode with the gas leak storyline. I was a bit disappointed that the other writers didn't get much airtime this season as we rarely saw Frank, Lutz, Topher etc. in meaningful storylines.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Also I didn't think the live episode worked that well. I don't know if it was just a bit weak or if it was because I am used to there being no audience and that at times you could see the the actors pursing for the audience before delivering the next line.

On your comment Troy, it does look like the supporting characters will be getting a bigger look in this season, like you I am a big fan of the likes of Frank and Toofer.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I didn't mind the live episode. It had some weak moments but I like the bravery to do it and I really liked how they had another actress (the one from Seinfeld) play Liz to cover for her when she was over at a different section of the stage. It was a lot slower because they had to pause and wait whereas normally the show is at a very fast pace.

I look forward to it. Can't wait for the sixth season to start in Australia to see how the wrap up some loose ends from the previous season with the main one being Avery in North Korea.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Yeah I think using Julia Louis-Dreyfus goes back to the fact that Fey credits her performance in Seinfeld has a huge infelence.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Think you would have liked last nights episode Troy. Jenna starred in a Saw like horror movie, which has its production stopped because of not enough local feuding, so they restart it with a lot of references to the city running through it. Not the best episode this season, but that storyline was very funny.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I have actually seen that episode before and I loved that storyline. I can see it happening in real life as well where for a plug of a certain product they will fund a movie.