26th Annual WWE SummerSlam Match of the Night *Potential Spoilers*

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SummerSlam Match of the Night

• Dean Ambrose v. Rob Van Dam

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kane v. Bray Wyatt

• Damien Sandow v. Cody Rhodes

• Alberto Del Rio v. Christian

• Natalya v. Brie Bella

• Dolph Ziggler & Kaitlyn v. Big E. Langston & AJ Lee

• Daniel Bryan v. Randy Orton

• Total voters

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
What are your guys thoughts on the match of the night? I'm personally swayed towards Punk/Lesnar. It was incredibly insane.

Discuss.

The Viper

Reaction score
Re: 26th Annual WWE SummerSlam Match of the Night

Man, and I was gonna put a poll up too but I didn't feel the need to for some reason. I'm an ass.

Punk/Lesnar was obvs MOTN but Cena/Bryan ain't too far off. Neither is Del Rio/Christian.

Reactions: 1 person

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Punk/Lesnar was great and would have been the MOTN on almost any show this year from WWE, but Cena/Bryan was so much better. Layering in little things like Cena scouting Bryan's backflip off the ropes and the small package tease was excellent retroactive booking. Not to mention, a TIGER FUCKING KNEE? Are you kidding me? That was easily one of the best moments I've seen in some time and the extremely delayed Orton cash-in + HHH shenanigans just made it even better. I wouldn't say its MOTY because Tanahashi and Okada have been murdering it in NJPW and Devitt/Low-Ki/Ibushi from the same promotion is amazing, but its definitely the best US match of the year in my mind.

Reactions: 1 person

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
Honestly I felt the ring of Fire match with Kane and Bray Wyatt was MOTN.

I couldn't put that up there in all seriousness. I think the Punk/Lesnar match was MOTN because of how much they had you on the edge of your seat throughout the whole match.

I think the DB/Cena match could have been much better had Cena not been injured, but damn Bryan was all over the place doing all kinds of shit that was amazing and great. He was pretty amazing and pulled out all sorts of moves that no one but Punk could do.

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Punk vs Brock just stole the show, match of the night, and up there for a chance at match of the year.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Punk/Lesnar was great and would have been the MOTN on almost any show this year from WWE, but Cena/Bryan was so much better. Layering in little things like Cena scouting Bryan's backflip off the ropes and the small package tease was excellent retroactive booking. Not to mention, a TIGER FUCKING KNEE? Are you kidding me? That was easily one of the best moments I've seen in some time and the extremely delayed Orton cash-in + HHH shenanigans just made it even better. I wouldn't say its MOTY because Tanahashi and Okada have been murdering it in NJPW and Devitt/Low-Ki/Ibushi from the same promotion is amazing, but its definitely the best US match of the year in my mind.
I've seen bits and pieces of New Japan from this year and I'll agree that Okada kid is on fire. Although I kinda think of Puro as it's own category.

As for Mainstream US wrestling I think Punk and Lesnar takes MOTYC here. They brought an intensity you almost never see in wrestling today. It was on a whole another level.

TBH I think the aftermath of the match in the main event is more what interests me as opposed to the between the bells.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Punk vs Lesnar has gotta be it. Just an insane match period.

Joey

Reaction score
Cena vs. Bryan cats and dogs. Ultimate mat wrestling. A great story was told, and to tell you the truth i was extremely impressed by Cenas performance. Especially with whatever the hell's going on with that elbow...ouch.

Even though our fan favorite Daniel Bryan didn't walk out champ, neither did Cena. The two most definitely have great chemistry, and I think they really cemented what a match is supposed to look, and feel like.