24 Returning to TV

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
TVLine said:
Fox has officially restarted the clock on 24.
Fox entertainment chairman Kevin Reilly confirmed Monday during a conference call with reporters that the seminal Kiefer Sutherland thriller will be revived in May 2014 as a limited series event titled 24: Live Another Day.

“[It's] 24 compressed over 12 weeks,†explained Reilly. “It will go chronologically over the day, but it will skip hours. It will be dictated by the plot.â€

The idea for the TV continuation came after the long-gestating 24 movie was deemed unworkable. “[The producers realized that] 24 compressed into two hours is not 24,†said Reilly. The limited series conceit “is the perfect form[at]†because it’s essentially the original 24 minus 12 hours of filler. “The spine of the original 24 episodes was about 12 hours,†Reilly pointed out. “Those were when the big events occurred, and then there were little events and connective tissue in between. So [we're] taking the best 12 [of the 24].â€

I don't agree with their reasoning for not doing a feature film. They could easily have worked it around the two hours just like they did with 24 Redemption. I was looking forward to seeing him tackle a situation overseas again and it would have been good to see it on the big screen.

Still even with this weird 12 hour 24 I am glad to see it back and I will watch it. It is by far the most frustrating show I have ever watched but I still enjoy it. Be interesting to see who else will be brought back aside from Kiefer Sutherland.

Anyone else going to be watching this?

Reactions: 1 person

Twist of Fate

Reaction score
The time aspect of the show was pretty cool, but then I'm not sure I'd agree that compressing it down would necessarily mean it's not "24" though. I mean how's it any better when compressing it down to 12 anyway?

Incidentally I haven't seen seasons 7 or 8 or played the PS2 game but have watched up to 6 as well as that Redemption special.

I MIGHT check it out but it depends what it's about. Didn't care too much about Redemption to be honest, mainly because of the setting. Wasn't bad by any means, but I always did like the series and how it was mainly set on US soil and involving all the different agencies in some way. Guess I'm one to like more of the same - particularly if they were going for a movie. I'd want them to capture the very best of what made 24 over the 8 seasons and make the best movie to represent that - not something different for the sake of it.

Last edited:

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
At least if they cut it down to two hours it would feature just that two hour block and not miss anything out. Now with this new concept they will skip the "boring time" to condense it to twelve hours. I actually liked how they did it before where if someone was about to do something menial then they would switch to a different view point and instead of following Jack we would see CTU or the terrorists to fill in all the gaps.

I wanted to see them do something in Europe with the movie. With the way that the show ended I don't think it would make much sense if they pick things up in the US again right away. It needs to start overseas but they will probably do it with him in Mexico since it is a short flight across and therefore not much time to skip.

Twist of Fate

Reaction score
At least if they cut it down to two hours it would feature just that two hour block and not miss anything out. Now with this new concept they will skip the "boring time" to condense it to twelve hours. I actually liked how they did it before where if someone was about to do something menial then they would switch to a different view point and instead of following Jack we would see CTU or the terrorists to fill in all the gaps.

That is one of the nicer aspects of the TV series though - the subplots on the side were quite good and there was payoff in that they eventually affected the main plot in some way or we'd even be given more reason to like, pity or hate a character (drawing us further into the story). That being said, it would have been interesting to see how they'd go about addressing or making up for that in 2 hours.

I wanted to see them do something in Europe with the movie. With the way that the show ended I don't think it would make much sense if they pick things up in the US again right away. It needs to start overseas but they will probably do it with him in Mexico since it is a short flight across and therefore not much time to skip.

I'm not sure what happens after season 6 (other than hearing about Tony reappearing as a villain). Sounds like one way or another I really should check out the last 2. I own the other 6 on DVD and I'm just waiting on a good time and/or deal pick the last 2 up.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Only see the odd episode of the original run and am not a big Sourthenland fan so will leave this reboot.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
That is one of the nicer aspects of the TV series though - the subplots on the side were quite good and there was payoff in that they eventually affected the main plot in some way or we'd even be given more reason to like, pity or hate a character (drawing us further into the story). That being said, it would have been interesting to see how they'd go about addressing or making up for that in 2 hours.

I agree with you, that is why I am not to sure about the new concept of skipping time rather than using that time to flesh out the subplots.

Twist of Fate said:
I'm not sure what happens after season 6 (other than hearing about Tony reappearing as a villain). Sounds like one way or another I really should check out the last 2. I own the other 6 on DVD and I'm just waiting on a good time and/or deal pick the last 2 up.

You should definitely check out the last two seasons, especially the last one just to see how they ended it originally.

Twist of Fate

Reaction score
Seeing as how my birthday was coming up (and i've already got a fair amount of upcoming expenses to worry about), I opted to just get both seasons for roughly $27 AU each (which both came in through the mail today). Now i'm only missing Redemption, but then like I said, I already saw that and wasn't a fan so i'm not fussed about actually owning it anyway.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
It was confirmed earlier that Chloe's returning :mark:

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
I refuse to mark for fuckin' Chloe but at least Jack can boss her around, better have Arlo this season and AARON PIERCE.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
AAron Pierce is the show after jack. Jed Bartlett for President i'd mark for that it'll never happen though. Also KIM as a stripper. Undercover of course.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
I'd mark even more if Elisha returned.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Well she's currently out of a job. Honestly shocked she was really only cameos after season 3. Perhaps we'll get another vendetta season and they kidnap his granddaughter and kim refuses to let Jack go it alone.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Well she's currently out of a job. Honestly shocked she was really only cameos after season 3. Perhaps we'll get another vendetta season and they kidnap his granddaughter and kim refuses to let Jack go it alone.

Please we all know it's gonna be another Nuke and hijacking ...... presidency. Wouldn't mind a mini Tony angle.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score

iirc, she left to become a film star.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
No nuke it's an odd numbered season 8D need to fuck off with presidents he needs another season without much of them. Just thought of like 9 storylines and realized most of them have been made movies already fuck

iirc, she left to become a film star.

She did for some of them but for a couple she didn't have anything to do I mean I don't think I can name more than 3 movies she's in which is a shame.