205 Better Than RAW?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Zardnaar

The Showoff
Reaction score
Another enjoyable episode of 205 this week, and I like Mustafa Ali's match this week. A so so RAW (post RR) oon the network while Smackdown is the dribbling shits.

NXT so good.

NXT>205 live>RAW>SD ATM? Discuss.

Solidus1

eXit
Reaction score
What changed? The 205 I remember is just small wrestlers doing things big wrestlers do, and no character development.

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
What changed? The 205 I remember is just small wrestlers doing things big wrestlers do, and no character development.

As soon as they put Rockstar Spud as the kayfabe GM and Triple H started booking, things changed. The tournament for the title has created a lot of good matches and introduced some new Cruiserweights to the main roster. Not to mention that before, Vince wanted to make the show full of character-based wrestlers, which is why they had Enzo as champ, an over the top gentleman, a wannabe politician in Drew Gulak (which tbh was actually pure gold), a Sleazebag Noam Dar, a narcissistic "athlete" and a man who goes "AH!" The issue was is that it was not what people really was attracted to from the initial CWC. It was good wrestling which told stories inside of the ring. Especially when to some, it's their strengths to put on great matches rather than be silly and put on an act of someone who isn't genuine. Right now, it's all about the tournament and the matches have all been good to great. Heck, Buddy Murphy, jobber in NXT he had a great match with Mustafa Ali last night and his selling was on point.

So, if they keep the matches on the show good, and after Wrestlemania they keep the storylines simple and effective, then it should be what the CW Division needed.

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
As soon as they put Rockstar Spud as the kayfabe GM and Triple H started booking, things changed. The tournament for the title has created a lot of good matches and introduced some new Cruiserweights to the main roster. Not to mention that before, Vince wanted to make the show full of character-based wrestlers, which is why they had Enzo as champ, an over the top gentleman, a wannabe politician in Drew Gulak (which tbh was actually pure gold), a Sleazebag Noam Dar, a narcissistic "athlete" and a man who goes "AH!" The issue was is that it was not what people really was attracted to from the initial CWC. It was good wrestling which told stories inside of the ring. Especially when to some, it's their strengths to put on great matches rather than be silly and put on an act of someone who isn't genuine. Right now, it's all about the tournament and the matches have all been good to great. Heck, Buddy Murphy, jobber in NXT he had a great match with Mustafa Ali last night and his selling was on point.

So, if they keep the matches on the show good, and after Wrestlemania they keep the storylines simple and effective, then it should be what the CW Division needed.
Well damn. I might have to check out 205!

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
I can't stand 205 Live. Not in the current state. It needs to be more like TNA's X division, and allow the cruiserweight division cross into the other shows. Not just stay there; allow some freedom. That's the attraction of the X division.

For me, It's:

NXT > RAW > Smackdown > 205 Live.

Zardnaar

The Showoff
Reaction score

This I have been enjoying it surprisingly. I thought Drake Maverick would be shit but it works.

They have also added a few NXT and British stars to the tourney for the belt. I liked Mustafa Ali early on in 205, it got OK with Neville Heel turn and then they added Enzo and it went from crap with some decent segments to out right crap.

With Neville being gone Ali's 450 splash stands out and I am enjoying the luchres.

Zardnaar

The Showoff
Reaction score
I can't stand 205 Live. Not in the current state. It needs to be more like TNA's X division, and allow the cruiserweight division cross into the other shows. Not just stay there; allow some freedom. That's the attraction of the X division.

For me, It's:

NXT > RAW > Smackdown > 205 Live.

Never saw the TNA X division but heard good things about it.

TheprofileofJericho

The Artiste
Reaction score
Simple yet logical booking, good matches, doesn't drag. Yup as far as quality goes it is better than Raw (not like that's hard to accomplish). It still lacks relevance though, and even though Raw is boring, it will always be the biggest, and most important show of the company.

Zardnaar

The Showoff
Reaction score
Damn another good week of 205 live. Japan vs Luchre event got some pops and the Roderick Strong vs Cedric Alexander was also good.
[doublepost=1521016622][/doublepost]Damn another good week of 205 live. Japan vs Luchre event got some pops and the Roderick Strong vs Cedric Alexander was also good.

Nikki Nitro

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Ok.. I've NEVER Seen 205. Didn't even know such a show existed til I signed up on here. I may check that out later.