2024 Academy Awards

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
How the fuck did Lily Gladstone get a nomination when she didn't even have a scene for herself?

This token nom is insulting......sorry for her.

ServantTwilight

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
roadwarriors
Favorite Wrestler
fourhorseman
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect
Favorite Sports Team
XifccX1
How the fuck did Lily Gladstone get a nomination when she didn't even have a scene for herself?

This token nom is insulting......sorry for her.
I am a little confused. Wasn't she nominated for and win a Golden Globe for this role? Why wouldn't she be nominated for an Oscar for the same role? And what do you mean a scene for herself? Don't most scenes usually have more than one actor in them for dialog? Unless its like a Castaway type movie.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I am a little confused. Wasn't she nominated for and win a Golden Globe for this role? Why wouldn't she be nominated for an Oscar for the same role? And what do you mean a scene for herself? Don't most scenes usually have more than one actor in them for dialog? Unless its like a Castaway type movie.
She didn't do anything outside of look sick and say 3 words a scene.

This looks like tokenism and find it insulting......hell the fat chief durimg the meeting did more than her and was more memorable.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I am sort of a movie snob, I guess, and I love the Oscars and watch them every year.

Even though Oppenheimer pretty much has it wrapped up and I really believe it was the best movie of the year, I am disappointed that The Iron Claw was completely snubbed. I just saw it and it was really great. The over two hour movie just flew by and had me in tears at the end.

My only problem with it was the problem most people have of it: the guy doing Flairwas fucking awful. He claimed he didn't want to mimic Flair but to give his own interpretation of the man... yeah, whatever. It was a shit performance. Maybe that cost them the Oscar nods.

I mean A24 swept the major Oscar Categories last year. I believe it had to be considered. But I have seen all of the Oscar contenders and it is better than a few of them.

Oh well. I guess it doesn't matter in the grand scheme. It was a great movie nonetheless

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

The Gipper

The Gipper
Reaction score
I am sort of a movie snob, I guess, and I love the Oscars and watch them every year.

Even though Oppenheimer pretty much has it wrapped up and I really believe it was the best movie of the year, I am disappointed that The Iron Claw was completely snubbed. I just saw it and it was really great. The over two hour movie just flew by and had me in tears at the end.

My only problem with it was the problem most people have of it: the guy doing Flairwas fucking awful. He claimed he didn't want to mimic Flair but to give his own interpretation of the man... yeah, whatever. It was a shit performance. Maybe that cost them the Oscar nods.

I mean A24 swept the major Oscar Categories last year. I believe it had to be considered. But I have seen all of the Oscar contenders and it is better than a few of them.

Oh well. I guess it doesn't matter in the grand scheme. It was a great movie nonetheless
A24 put all their campaigning into getting Past Lives and Zone of Interest (Both movies that are also great.) into the conversation, it seems that Iron Claw just got the short straw with it unfortunately. Also I still think it would have worked better marketing wise during Americas thanksgiving as opposed to Christmas over there and just last month for us across the pond. Just small things.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
A24 put all their campaigning into getting Past Lives and Zone of Interest (Both movies that are also great.) into the conversation, it seems that Iron Claw just got the short straw with it unfortunately. Also I still think it would have worked better marketing wise during Americas thanksgiving as opposed to Christmas over there and just last month for us across the pond. Just small things.
Well since I posted that, I have actually watched all of the other nominated movies and it makes more sense after viewing them. Which the exception of "Maestro" (which bored me to tears), all of the nominated movies were very, very good.

The Gipper

The Gipper
Reaction score
Well since I posted that, I have actually watched all of the other nominated movies and it makes more sense after viewing them. Which the exception of "Maestro" (which bored me to tears), all of the nominated movies were very, very good.
.....Ah shit, yeah I didn't notice how long ago that post was. XD

Reactions: Jacob Fox

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
.....Ah shit, yeah I didn't notice how long ago that post was. XD
Yeah, I really liked "The Iron Claw" but after seeing "The Holdovers," "Past Lives," "Poor Things," "American Fiction," "Anatomy of a Fall," and "The Zone of Interest" (I had already seen "Oppenheimer," "Barbie," and "Killers of the Flower Moon,"), it doesn't really compare. I enjoyed it more than "Barbie" and "Maestro" but that isn't saying much.