• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

2023 Wrestling Observer Newsletter Awards

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
I was pretty surprised by that too. I don’t see how it’s a disgusting promotional tactic but it is what it is.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Those 14 people can tolerate the rape but they draw the line at Punk
lol yeah I mean I thought it was a bit sketch but I wouldnt call it disgusting nor would i vote it most disgusting lmao - it would have to be a very calm year for that to be the worst thing of the year - and I agree hiring Flair is worse as was the Juice line anyways

Chris

Dreams are Endless
You guys can't really rate anything that gets less than 20 votes lmao like did you see where Toni Storm was also third for worst gimmick despite winning best gimmick. That doesn't mean she's a bad gimmick either

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
You guys can't really rate anything that gets less than 20 votes lmao like did you see where Toni Storm was also third for worst gimmick despite winning best gimmick. That doesn't mean she's a bad gimmick either
Yeah, I see a very small number of people on Twitter always complaining about it, but it’s a small small minority. The majority of the comments I seen have praised it.

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Phil really does live rent free in some people’s heads I guess
I thought the same thing and this isn’t me being salty about it because I’m a Punk fan, but it’s ridiculous that 14 people found that worse than the Vince stuff.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Yeah I can't believe anyone voted anything other than Vince for that one, even tho the worst came out in 2024. Him forcing himself back in power and forcing himself to stay on with the sale was 2023, I don't even understand why you'd vote the Saudi partnership over that for 2023

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
I thought the same thing and this isn’t me being salty about it because I’m a Punk fan, but it’s ridiculous that 14 people found that worse than the Vince stuff.
I mean, I think it's equally as silly as getting upset about 14 people disliking your favorite, respectfully. It's really not THAT shocking to me either, some AEW fans thought his behavior was abhorrent and hiring him after getting fired pissed them off. I feel like it's wasted energy to care about that, try to remember not everyone reveers the guy and some die hards are gonna think he's a big bitch lol

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Yeah I can't believe anyone voted anything other than Vince for that one, even tho the worst came out in 2024. Him forcing himself back in power and forcing himself to stay on with the sale was 2023, I don't even understand why you'd vote the Saudi partnership over that for 2023
this angle though I agree with lol - I understand why ppl hate punk. voting that OVER vince's bullshit is pretty wack lol