2016 - 2017 Football Season Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Pop Tatari

Christian vieri
Reaction score
Pleased with the way Arsenal won the other day, still a long way off from being a title winning side. Deals should be done for perez and mustafi so something to look forward to. I think Chelsea will win the title.

2nd in the FPL with my team, first time doing this so I am pleased still a long way to go, could always go tits up.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Pleased with the way Arsenal won the other day, still a long way off from being a title winning side. Deals should be done for perez and mustafi so something to look forward to. I think Chelsea will win the title.

2nd in the FPL with my team, first time doing this so I am pleased still a long way to go, could always go tits up.
You guys getting Perez and Mustafi should strengthen both your striking and defense as well.

Arsenal with actual good signings this summer.

Legit Boss

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Not a great start to World Cup qualification for us, but not a bad one, either.

A draw against Ireland is acceptable, even though I was hoping we'd be able to hold on to the lead for the remaining 20 minutes, but oh well.

DylanTM

Reaction score
Holy shit, you're Serbian?

Huh.

Anyways, Ireland had a lot of decisions go against them, but considering Serbia's dominance, I'm happy with a draw.

Mike Thunder

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Tomorrow we play Switzerland away from home. Hoping for a win but I would be happy with a draw.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Holy shit, you're Serbian?

Huh.

Anyways, Ireland had a lot of decisions go against them, but considering Serbia's dominance, I'm happy with a draw.

Yes, I am.

Honestly, I'm not mad at the outcome. A win is always nice, but hey, starting off the qualifications with a draw isn't bad.

I honestly thought Ireland would give us hell prior to tuning in to the game, but we pulled through, thankfully.

Legit Boss

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score

A draw against Ireland is acceptable, even though I was hoping we'd be able to hold on to the lead for the remaining 20 minutes, but oh well.
We had a toy about with Malta, which was alright. Looking forward to November so we can face England.

Randy Borton

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score

Yeah, was praying for Ireland not to score but eh, at least we got a point.

Gav back in the championship

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
On this day 128 years the football league was born heres the veey first fixtures
FB_IMG_1473356541705.jpg

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Sweden drew with Holland in their first match under new General manager Jan Andersson. I'll take a draw. This was a overall much younger, less experienced national team than the one that went to the Euros. We lost a lot of experience when Ibra, Källström and Isaksson retired.

But we played well considering the team we faced. We had to focus on playing defensively and going for the counter since Holland is a very offensively inclined team. We didn't have any friendlies before this so there were a few clunky elements. But those will get smoothened out with time and the team will get more in sync. I actually have not been this excited in national football in a long time. And there's a lot of support for this "new national team" nationwide. We're going through our biggest generational shift in the past 20 years. So this will be a fun team to follow and watch grow into something.

DylanTM

Reaction score
In the space of 45 minutes, the entire internet has decided that Zlatan, Pogba, Rooney, Mkhitaryan and Mourinho are all shit/overrated.