2015 NFL Offseason Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Raiders cut James Jones. He is pretty awful, averaged fewer than 10 YPC last season lol. Decent hands, but no speed or separation. He is probably done in the league unless the Packers want him back for depth.

No kidding lol, but how do you feel about the talent around Carr now?

Cooper/Crabtree*/Streater/Rivera/Helu seems like a pretty solid receiving corps now that his scrub ass is out of the way

*or holmes

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
still a bottom 5 offense surrounding Carr and likely a bottom 5 QB to boot. Doesn't help that all of our best offensive weapons will be inexperienced with Murray Cooper and Walford.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
La'el Collins visiting the Dolphins today.. Tannenbaum better not let him leave without signing.

1st round talent in an undrafted free agent would be so awesome!

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
La'el Collins visiting the Dolphins today.. Tannenbaum better not let him leave without signing.

Here is what I don't get.

I've heard nearly every team hit him up after the draft. So he clearly has value. Why wouldn't a team draft him in the 7th? Do they really think some awful project has a better chance to eventually contribute than this guy? NFL teams are so moronic. The guy wasn't charged with anything, to my knowledge he isn't even a suspect. But he goes from a top 15 prospect to undrafted because he was questioned by police because someone murdered his ex gf?

I mean, if it turns out he killed her, sure, you have some egg on your face and you are out a pick. But you can easily spin it that you thought he deserved a chance and he hadn't been charged to that point. Assuming he is cleared, which seems most likely, you got a fucking steal + get the feel good story of believing in this guy when everyone avoided him for reasons beyond his control.

NFL teams you are fucking dumb. all of you. collectively. I would be the GOAT GM, I am now 100% convinced of this. These fucking idiots make this shit seem so much harder than it is.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score

I've heard nearly every team hit him up after the draft. So he clearly has value. Why wouldn't a team draft him in the 7th? Do they really think some awful project has a better chance to eventually contribute than this guy? NFL teams are so moronic. The guy wasn't charged with anything, to my knowledge he isn't even a suspect. But he goes from a top 15 prospect to undrafted because he was questioned by police because someone murdered his ex gf?

I mean, if it turns out he killed her, sure, you have some egg on your face and you are out a pick. But you can easily spin it that you thought he deserved a chance and he hadn't been charged to that point. Assuming he is cleared, which seems most likely, you got a fucking steal + get the feel good story of believing in this guy when everyone avoided him for reasons beyond his control.

NFL teams you are fucking dumb. all of you. collectively. I would be the GOAT GM, I am now 100% convinced of this. These fucking idiots make this shit seem so much harder than it is.

Several of his LSU teammates who now play for the Dolphins have spoken out in his defense and have told management they want him on the team plus Tannenbaum and his agent apparently are connected in some way.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Several of his LSU teammates who now play for the Dolphins have spoken out in his defense and have told management they want him on the team plus Tannenbaum and his agent apparently are connected in some way.
Well he had dinner w/ Rex last night so the Bills seem like the leader in the clubhouse.

Varus

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score

Especially since most of the top round prospects have a worse history

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
11205124_1127228863959104_6568511191867986023_n.png

Mike Pouncey, Jarvis Landry, Anthony Johnson, and Kelvin Sheppard, and Coach Philbin are all onboard a plane heading to Louisiana to meet with La'el Collins.

Absolutely love this! Bring him home guys! PHINS UP!

This was released by the NFL..
“Clubs are prohibited from visiting a player who was eligible for the 2015 Draft at his campus or residence if the player has withdrawn from school and final exams have yet to conclude at the school,” NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy said “This includes drafted players, any undrafted players that have signed as free agents, and any undrafted players that have yet to sign.”

The Dolphins will be meeting him at an off campus restaurant just like Rex Ryan did.

Snowman1

Reaction score
The main issue I see next offseason is "how can we know how good Amari Cooper is with Derek Carr throwing the ball?". Yay, one of the pretty good prospects next year! :yay:

Man did they just see what has happened to Dallas after they picked up Greg Hardy? He's been involved in a hell of a lot worse than this! It's caused a little scuffle in the locker room, cool story, those happen all the time. Worst that's happened is dumb casuals making jokes on Twitter that DON'T MATTER AT ALL and especially won't during the stretch run towards the playoffs where they're getting the help of such a stud DE because everyone else was too damn dumb to give him a chance.

How many people have talked about Kraft and Belichick needing to go after what Aaron Hernandez did? All this stuff came out about teams knowing about his gang involvement during the pre-draft process and the Pats took a chance on him anyway and there's not even a bit of yoke on their face after that. I'm assuming this is a similar situation - La'El Collins is hanging out with the wrong crowd, oh no, football players never do that! - and there's more we don't know, but that doesn't make this any less Blue!

But Brandon Albert and JaWuan Ja...

well here's your replacement when Albert gets hurt again :dawg:

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Every team with an LSU player on it from the last 3 years or everyteam that needs another OL is courting him.. Bennie Logan was one of his best friends in college and has apparently convinced Chip to get himself into the mix so we'll see where he goes.. Allegedly he's not signing until he's met with all the teams that hit him up during the draft that he has an interest in.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I guess it might be a little different if he were ever accused of a crime... nobody ever even hinted at the fact that he was a suspect. In fact, just the opposite, the police made it known he was only wanted for questioning and that he was not a suspect. They even made it a point to restate that after they questioned him, saying he wasn't a suspect and he cooperated fully with their talks for an hour.

I mean, how dumb are NFL teams? I could see this scaring off the most conservative of owners, but how can all 32 owners weigh the risk/reward of this situation and nobody comes to the conclusion that it might be worth snagging a first round talent's rights at a much later point in the draft?

I understand he said he wouldn't sign if a team drafted him after the 3rd round, but that just wreaked of a desperation ploy by his agent to try and get a team to panic and take him on day 2. Had you taken him and approached him with common sense he would have signed with you eventually, even if it wasn't his original plan. And if not, it was worth a shot. I'll take a swing and a miss on potentially getting a big time prospect over searching for a diamond in the rough among the actual 7th round prospects out there.

Snowman1

Reaction score
Random other things:

-Terrelle Pryor cut by Kansas City. Much like Tebow, Wasn't he just signed as an "extra arm" as one of their guys rehabs?
-Jaguars GM hints that Justin Blackmon is likely to be cut. At this rate I'm worried for the rest of his career
-LA police still saying Collins is not a suspect. NO SHIT
-Pettine says it's "fair to say" Josh McCown is going to start this year. I'd love to see him bounce around the league for a few years giving away #1 overall picks, but Cleveland will wind up with the #6 somehow
-Justin Smith says he's still mulling retirement, in other news the Niners front office is mulling voluntarily checking themselves into a mental facility
-In the NFL Coaches' continued efforts to piss off fantasy players, David Johnson is the favorite for red-zone work in Arizona
-See also: Tevin Coleman and Devonta Freeman are the "1A" and "1B" backs on the Falcons depth chart
-Jameis Winston pushing for the Bucs to sign La'El Collins, because it's actually NFL front office members with mental red flags
-Those rogue Bucs actually naming someone as a "feature back"!!! Charles Sims! To coaches that must sound as crazy as... well... signing Collins
-John Carlson is retiring, I thought he did four years ago

courtesy Rotoworld today and probably in the future