2015 NFL Offseason Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Dolphins signed WR Laron Byrd.. Has 1 in-game catch in his 5+ year NFL career, mostly a practice squad player, but he's 6'4" with 4.5 40yd speed. Hmm.. I'm not sure what to think.

Edit: Article was wrong, Dolphins re-signed Byrd who was on their practice squad last year and he is a 2 year pro not 5. Emailed the writer.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aids Johnson

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
lol @ Jacksonville. that'll open up lots of holes for whatever shitty RB they use. Aren't they sticking Denard on passing downs?
lol @ AP to the Raiders

Wonder if there's any article-type things I can write on here? Would be fun.

Jason Cole is reporting Rivers to the Titans is "a foregone conclusion"

Last edited:

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Move makes sense for both teams I suppose.. I'd imagine ur #4 this year and next years 1st round plus a 2nd rounder oughtta pull him away.. or rather if I was running personnel for the Vikings I would be down for that, especially with the situation between the Vikes and AP.
lmao are you drunk dude? they aren't going to get nearly that much for Peterson in a trade

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
You think it'll only be one first rounder? Idk I think at least a 1st and a second.
I really doubt they get a first round pick for a 30 year old RB on a 13 million dollar a year contract

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Yeah you're right that is a pretty valuable pick.. I thought he was 29 for some reason which isnt much better than 30 with the mileage he has under his belt.
The only way a first round pick makes sense is for like Dallas or a CONTENDING TEAM with a low first round pick in the mid-to-late-20s. No way teams are giving up top ~15 or so picks for his old expensive ass.

And Peterson has mileage on the field and now ugly baggage off it.

Plus he is asking for a trade, killing Viking leverage.

People constantly overestimate what a star player could bring in a trade. You don't get fair value by the time it comes to this. And the more I think about it, unless it was bargain basement value, talking like a future conditional pick based exclusively on production, no thank you. And even then probably no thank you. He can go somewhere else.

• Haha

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
I just want something to happen already with that trade.. maybe a draft day trade... they do want a 1st round pick and some extra compensation on top of that is what is being reported about the Vikings side of the trade.. but yeah with the mutual problems it doesn't really seem likely at this point I suppose.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
The only way a first round pick makes sense is for like Dallas or a CONTENDING TEAM with a low first round pick in the mid-to-late-20s. No way teams are giving up top ~15 or so picks for his old expensive ass.

And Peterson has mileage on the field and now ugly baggage off it.

Plus he is asking for a trade, killing Viking leverage.

People constantly overestimate what a star player could bring in a trade. You don't get fair value by the time it comes to this. And the more I think about it, unless it was bargain basement value, talking like a future conditional pick based exclusively on production, no thank you. And even then probably no thank you. He can go somewhere else.

Just like you said. While watching AP will give you a reason to turn on Raiders games this year, you know and they should that running backs don't matter all that much, even All Day.

AP isn't helping the Raiders rebuild. So, why bother?