2014 NFL Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Frank Gore, Bryan Bulaga, Ndamukong Suh and Mark Ingram as well as Dan Williams have been mentioned as potential options for the Giants, but that likely will depend on how much salary cap space they free up. If Manning signs an extension the team could free up some money, while Mathias Kiwanuka and Jon Beason could be cap casualties.

We have room for em if we resign Eli this offseason

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Frank Gore, Bryan Bulaga, Ndamukong Suh and Mark Ingram as well as Dan Williams have been mentioned as potential options for the Giants, but that likely will depend on how much salary cap space they free up. If Manning signs an extension the team could free up some money, while Mathias Kiwanuka and Jon Beason could be cap casualties.

We have room for em if we resign Eli this offseason
Gore blows
Doubt the Packers let Baluga hit the open market tbh
Suh, obviously
Ingram to Dallas is the rumor I've heard, but they may try to make a play for AD if he takes a pay cut/gets cut

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Uhh? Maclin or McClain should've won CPOY over Gronk.
Why Maclin? Gronk's comeback was more impressive

Gronk tore his ACL/MCL in December of 2013, Maclin tore only his ACL in July, giving him months longer to prepare for 2014 than Gronk

Stats were about even, but Gronk edged him there as well.

McClain's story trumps your typical knee injury return though. Sure, back when an ACL was a career death sentence it was one thing, but everyone comes back from them today.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Why Maclin? Gronk's comeback was more impressive

Gronk tore his ACL/MCL in December of 2013, Maclin tore only his ACL in July, giving him months longer to prepare for 2014 than Gronk

Stats were about even, but Gronk edged him there as well.

McClain's story trumps your typical knee injury return though. Sure, back when an ACL was a career death sentence it was one thing, but everyone comes back from them today.

Maclin's tear was also more serious even though it wasn't both the ACL/MCL and it was his second in the same spot. There's a reason the committee barely had Gronk edge Maclin by a very small amount of votes while no one else was near them and that was the post season success, I believe McClain was the closest to them.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
In other news not related to awards or anything gamewise, OBJ's record of 33 one handed catches in a minute that him and Drew Brees recently this past week was broken by Iowa WR Tevaun Smith with 41.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Maclin's tear was also more serious even though it wasn't both the ACL/MCL and it was his second in the same spot. There's a reason the committee barely had Gronk edge Maclin by a very small amount of votes while no one else was near them and that was the post season success, I believe McClain was the closest to them.
Gronk >>>>

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
What would they have in 3 years they don't have now besides maybe an olineman?
[/QUOTE]

I think they'll pick up a quality rb and a few key defensive players to finally push them toward competing with Dallas for the division title... Don't get me wrong, the Giants won't be on their back long, but I do believe it will take about 3 years to get the right pieces together.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
I think they'll pick up a quality rb and a few key defensive players to finally push them toward competing with Dallas for the division title... Don't get me wrong, the Giants won't be on their back long, but I do believe it will take about 3 years to get the right pieces together.

Don't count the Eagles out of that race quite yet, all three will compete and have very close records by the time all is said and done.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
The Seahawks have offered Marshawn Lynch a major contract extension that could make him the 2nd highest paid RB in the league behind AP. They want Lynch with them for the rest of his career.

Word is that if the Seahawks win today Lynch would announce his retirement soon afterward.

This extension may change his mind.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
I can agree with that as long as Philly gets a legitimate QB some time soon, Foles and Sanchez won't take them to the big time.

Foles can do the job IMO.. he could use a little mobility work in the off-season but he knows how to run that fast paced offense really well for the time being.. The secondary and depth of our linebackers are the real problem if you ask me. I'd like to see Hundley holding the clipboard for Foles this upcoming season and then if Foles underperforms for the 2015-2016 season then we give Hundley a shot.

Reactions: Just Kevin