2014 NFL Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out how Aaron Donald with 47 tackles and 9 sacks won the DROTY award over CJ Mosley, who had 133 tackles, 2 INTs, 3 sacks, and a Pro Bowl berth.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
A nine-sack season in limited play is pretty impressive. Took the Rams way too long to put him in the lineup.

Tackles are apples to oranges, linebackers always get more than defensive linemen, but you've got that right. CJ Mosley was a machine this year! :yay:

Reactions: Just Kevin

Snowman1

Reaction score
TIM BROWN GOT IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Snowman1

Reaction score
It's about time lol

Kinda sad Kurt Warner didn't make it though.

There's a lot of guys on that list I can't believe didn't make it in. Marvin Harrison gets passed over, really??? Same with Orlando Pace. And of course Coach JJ.

Still, congrats to all the deserving winners. :)

Snowman1

Reaction score
@Vice while I'm on the subject of football... may as well ask you about the highlights of the Ravens' FA class.

-Justin Tucker (RFA)
-Pernell McPhee
-Torrey Smith
-Will Hill (RFA)
-Justin Forsett
-Darian Stewart

Think we'll keep 4 of these. Pernell will get a big contract elsewhere, while Darian Stewart is kinda iffy.
Hear Torrey will take a hometown discount, and nobody's gonna go after Forsett, right? :please:

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Former Badger gets D player of the year like a boss and Packer champ Rodgers gets MVP. It's good to be from/close to Titletown.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
@Vice while I'm on the subject of football... may as well ask you about the highlights of the Ravens' FA class.

-Justin Tucker (RFA)
-Pernell McPhee
-Torrey Smith
-Will Hill (RFA)
-Justin Forsett
-Darian Stewart

Think we'll keep 4 of these. Pernell will get a big contract elsewhere, while Darian Stewart is kinda iffy.
Hear Torrey will take a hometown discount, and nobody's gonna go after Forsett, right? :please:

C'mon Dolphins, dump Moreno and pick up Forsett!

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Imagine if he stays healthy next year.. 1800 yds and 15+ TDs easy.. too bad the Giants still won't go .500 lol

Why not, really interested to hear this. If we retain jpp, get suh, and half of the 25 guys on IR stay healthy they are solid as fuck. Cruz, beckham is absolutely bonkers. Eli sucks right? Look it up, he thrived in new offense. I don't think you know what you're talking about.

You're telling me they won't win 8? I'd personally be appalled because the majority of talent is there.

Last edited:

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Why not, really interested to hear this. If we retain jpp, get suh, and half of the 25 guys on IR stay healthy they are solid as fuck. Cruz, beckham is absolutely bonkers. Eli sucks right? Look it up, he thrived in new offense. I don't think you know what you're talking about.

You're telling me they won't win 8? I'd personally be appalled because the majority of talent is there.

I'll give them 7 wins... and maybe in about 3 years time they might get up to 10.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Oh Gronk winning CPOY over Rolando is such bullshit. :lol1:
CPOY should be renamed the "Who tore their ACL last year?" award. McClain has an actual, interesting COMEBACK story. They botch that award every year

I'd second this, Teddy had a 6-6 record without his starting RB and barely any offensive threats.. stats weren't terrible, although the interceptions were a little high.
I'm trying to figure out how Aaron Donald with 47 tackles and 9 sacks won the DROTY award over CJ Mosley, who had 133 tackles, 2 INTs, 3 sacks, and a Pro Bowl berth.
He was the best defensive rookie, pretty simply put. He dominated any team he was on the field. He and Mack both graded out the highest of the rookies on sites that grade players on every play.

Amazing defensive rookie class though

I don't disagree that NYG are in decent position, but I don't think they could ever re-sign JPP and THEN pay Suh what he will command. One or the other, I say get Suh, which they likely will (JPP TO OAK YA HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURD)

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
CPOY should be renamed the "Who tore their ACL last year?" award. McClain has an actual, interesting COMEBACK story. They botch that award every year

He was the best defensive rookie, pretty simply put. He dominated any team he was on the field. He and Mack both graded out the highest of the rookies on sites that grade players on every play.

Amazing defensive rookie class though

I don't disagree that NYG are in decent position, but I don't think they could ever re-sign JPP and THEN pay Suh what he will command. One or the other, I say get Suh, which they likely will (JPP TO OAK YA HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURD)
Only way is if Eli re-signs allowsto be paid less this year and get the contract back heavy.