2014 NFL Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
So, who do you guys think will be entering the HOF this year?

Here's the 15 finalists..

Morten Andersen, New Orleans Saints, K
Jerome Bettis, Pittsburgh Steelers, RB
Tim Brown, Oakland Raiders, WR
Don Coryell, San Diego Chargers, HC
Terrell Davis, Denver Broncos, RB
Tony Dungy, Indianapolis Colts, HC
Kevin Greene, Los Angeles/St. Louis Rams, LB
Charles Haley, Dallas Cowboys, LB
Marvin Harrison, Indianapolis Colts, WR
Jimmy Johnson, Dallas Cowboys, HC
John Lynch, Tampa Bay Bucs, S
Orlando Pace, St. Louis Rams, OL
Junior Seau, San Diego Chargers, LB
Will Shields, Kansas City Chiefs, OL
Kurt Warner, St. Louis Rams, QB

I'm going to say that Junior Seau, Orlando Pace, Kurt Warner, Tony Dungy, and Charles Haley will be going in, in my opinion. Tim Brown needs to go in but for some reason keeps getting passed over.

Terrell Davis only played 6 years and even though he's a 2 time SB champ that alone shouldn't get you into the HOF.. less than 8k yards and only 60 TDs really isn't HOF material in my opinion.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
God no. Teddy blows Carr away. Teddy would be my OROYrunner up behind ODB

I disagree.. Bridgewater is #4 for me in OROY behind ODB (1305 rec yds, 12 TDs in 12 games), Mike Evans (1052 rec yds, 12 TDs), and Jeremy Hill (1142 rus yds, 9 TDs)

All 3 of those are better than a less than 3000 passing yards, 14 TD, 12 INT season.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
I disagree.. Bridgewater is #4 for me in OROY behind ODB (1305 rec yds, 12 TDs in 12 games), Mike Evans (1052 rec yds, 12 TDs), and Jeremy Hill (1142 rus yds, 9 TDs)

All 3 of those are better than a less than 3000 passing yards, 14 TD, 12 INT season.
more to the story than numbers like always

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
"• QBs had a passer rating of 127.6 when throwing his way, third-highest in the league.
• His drop rate of 2.15% was fourth-best in the league as he only dropped two of his 93 catchable passes.
• Perhaps the best wide receiver stat is Yards per Route Run and Beckham JR ranked third in the league at 2.74.
• Even with his four missed games, he still ranked 10th in receiving yards with 1305 and ninth in yards after the catch with 481."

-PFF talking about OBJ

Reactions: Danielson

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
"• QBs had a passer rating of 127.6 when throwing his way, third-highest in the league.
• His drop rate of 2.15% was fourth-best in the league as he only dropped two of his 93 catchable passes.
• Perhaps the best wide receiver stat is Yards per Route Run and Beckham JR ranked third in the league at 2.74.
• Even with his four missed games, he still ranked 10th in receiving yards with 1305 and ninth in yards after the catch with 481."

-PFF talking about OBJ

Imagine if he stays healthy next year.. 1800 yds and 15+ TDs easy.. too bad the Giants still won't go .500 lol

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
God no. Teddy blows Carr away. Teddy would be my OROYrunner up behind ODB
I'd second this, Teddy had a 6-6 record without his starting RB and barely any offensive threats.. stats weren't terrible, although the interceptions were a little high.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
I'd second this, Teddy had a 6-6 record without his starting RB and barely any offensive threats.. stats weren't terrible, although the interceptions were a little high.

Another PFF stat: he had their best rating of any QB over the last 5 weeks of the season.
Random, but interesting.