2014 NFL Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Vice

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
This. We've got the 3 main things we need (QB, OL, Pass Rush) in abundance, but when you really struggle somewhere, that's something Belichick knows how to take advantage of.

Can't believe the short passing game was so effective though. We're usually able to demolish the short pass this year with our LB corps.

So, who are we getting in the draft? Will a playmaking DB like Landon Collins fall to us like someone seems to every year? Should we go with a WR or RB round 1?
We very well may go DB in round 1. Webb is due a lot of money next year, and depending on how much we save by cutting him, we may either restructure or give him his walking papers. Not to mention Will Hill and Darian Stewart will be free agents at the end of the year. Thankfully the free agent market is abundant in every position of need for us. If we can lock up a CB in free agency, re sign Will Hill, snatch up a play making safety to replace Stewart, re sign Torrey Smith, and perhaps get another WR depending on how much we trust our current talent, then we should be able to get a RB and a No. 3 corner in the draft. Perhaps use a few of our picks on young pass rushers. Suggs and Doom are getting up there in age. Can't hurt to start grooming some young bucks now. That is unless Kapron Lewis-Moore and Brent Urban can come on in their first season off of IR

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
And everyone thought I was crazy around here when I said Rex was going to coach the Bills.. they were all like NOOO he's going to be a 49er you dumbass..

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Yep, that is the hire. Terrible IMO

I had read that Rex and Trestman wanted to team up. Guess not.

Does he deserve any credit for what he did with another running QB for his last few years and think he can turn Manuel around, or does Kaep's awful season this year tell most of the story?

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Does he deserve any credit for what he did with another running QB for his last few years and think he can turn Manuel around, or does Kaep's awful season this year tell most of the story?
every 49ers fan I know hates the guy and his play calling.

Reactions: Snowman1

Varus

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Free agency looks lame this year

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Jets almost assuredly hiring Dan Quinn from Seattle.

today must be one of the best days ever to be a Dolphins fan Kev

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Gotta love how they stuck Aikman and Buck in the booth for this game. Wisconsin hates Aikman as much as he shits on GB.

Go Pack.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Jets almost assuredly hiring Dan Quinn from Seattle.

today must be one of the best days ever to be a Dolphins fan Kev
No day is the best day to be a dolphins fan. also these hires are fine lol. not exactly a lot of premiere candidate out there. Rex is a great hire. Quinn we shall see

Reactions: TheTNHMaster

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
It'll be another 5 or more years before the Dolphins make the playoffs... with the rumors swirling that they are actually considering giving Philbin a contract extension after a losing record over the tenure of his first contract I just don't have a lot of hope for the Dolphins in the next 5 years or so. Hopefully Ross will sell the team to a person who knows football and then it may turn around some. I'll continue being a Dolphins fan.. as miserable as I may be.