2014 NFL Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Brady outdueled Flacco

Pats had no run game and Brady got shit done

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Flacco still played great. Cant put the L on him. The O coordinator for NE(Daniels) made a great adjustment going to short passes and Ravens never got out of soft coverage.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
no lol. They are promoting from within

edit: also Rex is going to be a HC, probably in Buffalo @DK James

Rex in Buffalo? I hope so.. have their record so from 9-7 to 4-12 while he rebuilds them would be a great thing lol

I'm kidding they'll be 6-10 his first season not 4-12 :jeritroll:

Vice

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
This game is a perfect example of our depleted secondary costing us big time. It's been our Achilles heel since Jimmy Smith went down, and it came back and ended our season.

Vice

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Flacco threw 2 INTs at very bad times.. that's what cost Baltimore the game.
Flacco put up 4 TDs. That's more than anyone expected.
The defense got slaughtered in the passing game, and they bit on trick plays. Flacco is often the scapegoat for our losses, but not this time

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Flacco threw 2 INTs at very bad times.. that's what cost Baltimore the game.
He also manufactued two 14 point leads throughout the game. Ravens refused to play up and continued to let up points. The last int was bad but the fact their D constantly allowed brady to make 2 -5 yard passes with no adjustment is why they lost.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Flacco put up 4 TDs. That's more than anyone expected.
The defense got slaughtered in the passing game, and they bit on trick plays. Flacco is often the scapegoat for our losses, but not this time

Twice Flacco put the defense back on the field before they were able to rest... the way the Ravens offense was playing if Flacco had not made those bad decisions both of those drives result in TDs and a 42-28 win instead of a 35-31 loss. A tired defense doesn't play as well as a rested one.

Vice

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
He also manufactued two 14 point leads throughout the game. Ravens refused to play up and continued to let up points. The last int was bad but the fact their D constantly allowed brady to make 2 -5 yard passes with no adjustment is why they lost.
Gotta put some blame on the DC as well. Like you said, not adjusting to take away those dink and dunk passes really costed us. The problem was, we couldn't stop Brady short, OR long.

Not to mention Edelman...

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Flacco still played great. Cant put the L on him. The O coordinator for NE(Daniels) made a great adjustment going to short passes and Ravens never got out of soft coverage.
Well you saw what happens when they tried to get aggressive (trick play TD)

Baltimore's defensive personnel pretty much dictated that they had to stay soft because their DBs get burnt otherwise. They needed the D Line to get more pressure and they really didn't. Still though, it isn't like they rolled over. Brady had to earn what he got and he showed why he is the man.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Gotta put some blame on the DC as well. Like you said, not adjusting to take away those dink and dunk passes really costed us. The problem was, we couldn't stop Brady short, OR long.

Not to mention Edelman...

i know this sounds like the formula to beat every qb, but especially brady. press, blitz, and hit him every play. youll see some balls sail, and indecision.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Rex in Buffalo? I hope so.. have their record so from 9-7 to 4-12 while he rebuilds them would be a great thing lol

I'm kidding they'll be 6-10 his first season not 4-12 :jeritroll:
Rex is rock solid. I can't imagine how good the D would be under him. And rumor has it Trestman is going to come along as his OC wherever he lands.

I would kill for a Ryan/Trestman combo in Oakland. Not sure why you would be happy about Buffalo snagging them